ChronicKid007

I am starting the journal on day 43 of my grow, because on my last journal no one commented through 30 days lol.

Strain: Ethos Haze IBL
Tent: 4x4
Fans: two oscillating, one 4 inch induct, and one 6 inch outtake filter
Light: LED
Medium: RDWC one plant in hydroton

I’ve topped 7 times, and have done all training and lead tucking. I’ve only snipped a few leaves so far.

Just started super cropping tonight. Will probably flip to flower in 7-10 days.

IMG_2665.jpeg

IMG_2663.jpeg

Day 44: she thurrrsty. 1.5 gallons a day, so far I have only added RO water to replace it. But I’m flipping to flower tomorrow. Day 45 seems lucky to me right now.

This will be my first ever mass defoliation. So wish me luck!
img_2733-png.3623923
IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2733.png

IMG_2715.jpeg

IMG_2719.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

Day 51 total, Day 6 flower:

Everything is floating right along. I was BLOW AWAY with how quickly the leaves grew back after the heavy defoliation. Training is good. Putting the scrog net to good use, although I'm a bit concerned about not being able to train the center stalks. If I were to train those ones specifically, it would cover the upcoming bud sites for all of the other side branches I've trained. So I'm considering whether or not to quickly supercrop the 5-6 tall center branches before I get too deep into flower. But it'll basically have the same effect for covering the other nodes anyway... so same dilemma.

But here are some pics for your perusal.

As always, the floor is open for questions. Hope someone is here to ask!

Side view.jpg

Top down.jpg

Undergrowth I Suspect Will Reach the Surface.jpg

Day 60 in total, Day 14 flower.

The stretch is real. Light is maxed out and the closest branch is 15 inches. With another week of stretch I’m probably screwed there. Maybe I’ll see if I can super crop one more time. Otherwise, plant is super healthy and showing vigorous growth each day.

IMG_3062.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Same day update: I went through and did a pretty thorough top defol. I believe with one week of stretch left those underlines can really break through. So did some heavy training and snip snip for maximum light exposure. More like a bowl now than a bush.

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_3069.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

Day 21 of flower. Doing my own version of shwazz and lollipopping. I call it schwazzipopping. I will attach a few before and after. Whole goal was to get rid of the low sites that would amount to nothing, and take enough veg from the top to allow light penetration to the second level.

All growth below the original net has been removed.! And I made choice decisions about what I left in between scroggs.
IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg

Day 22 of flower. I did res change and put in the week 4 nutrients. It’s a day after the haircut she got, but I think that’s alright. There was still plenty in the res for her to sip on.

Trained some of the larger stalks all the walk down to the sides in order to open up all of the lower sites. The main canopy is so much more level now.

Keeping the PH at 5.8. It keeps eating low so I’m adding with the auto doser and keeping it at 5.8. Open for advice or opinion on that.

IMG_3194.png

IMG_3193.png

IMG_3192.png

Plant looks fantastic! Keep up the good work. I'll be following along to see how she finishes. :ganjamon:
Thanks dude! I’ve put a lot of work on in on the grow, but no one seems to have any questions.

Thanks dude! I’ve put a lot of work on in on the grow, but no one seems to have any questions.
Lol ya it takes a little bit to get traction sometimes. If you find other people's journals and comment on their stuff, they'll come check out your stuff. Check out @Tokin Roll's Banana Jealousy grow, I believe he runs DWC and a Scrog so similar stuff to yours.

No matter what just keep on posting and they will come haha. Your girls about to take off so the shows just starting lol

Good Morning @ChronicKid007

How is it going?
Banana Jealousy is a great plant to grow once you get passed the stretch period.
If you have any questions or problems tag me and I will try to help or make suggestions.

Thank you for the tag @g-one-three

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:
Banana jealousy is actually the dwc grow I’ve followed closely on here! Most to see whether or not my growth is relative in comparison. But it’s been nice to follow yours.

I don’t remember, did you do two scrogs or one? If two, did you hack down everything in between the first and the second? There are just a few little branches that didn’t quite make the canopy, but are so close I’ve let them live.

Day 22 of flower.
Is this from the change of light schedule to 12/12?
Did you consider the transit time from veg to flower?
I noticed the Banana Jealousy has about a 7 to 9 days transition period going into flower?

Reviewing your journal you flipped to 12/12 on July 12. I could not tell how long the veg period was, but I would guesstimate you are just starting the stretch period maybe around day 10. If I am right things are going to start moving faster.

Seedsman Banana Jealousy and Purple Ghost Candy are strains that require more training then most. Don't worry, if I were you, I would start tucking those branches under your current net and spread her over the whole net. Does your net cover the whole tent?

I used one net for my DWC scrog and two nets for sog; if I was going that way.

If you decide to go with two nets; you will need to clean everything between the nets.

Hope this helps.

Tok..

L
I noticed the Banana Jealousy has about a 7 to 9 days transition period going into flower?

Reviewing your journal you flipped to 12/12 on July 12. I could not tell how long the veg period was, but I would guesstimate you are just starting the stretch period maybe around day 10. If I am right things are going to start moving faster.

Seedsman Banana Jealousy and Purple Ghost Candy are strains that require more training then most. Don't worry, if I were you, I would start tucking those branches under your current net and spread her over the whole net. Does your net cover the whole tent?

If you decide to go with two nets; you will need to clean everything between the nets.

Hope this helps.

Tok..
I grew in veg for 45 days. I consider flower started from the day I flipped to 12/12 on the light schedule. I think I’m already over the stretch, or right at the end of it. It looks like it’s really starting to focus on bud development.

I would say 95% of everything in between the first and second next is cut. Some of the stuff in the center is hard to reach, and based on my setup I can’t reach it.

I did “heavy” defoliation twice, once on the day I switched to 12/12 and once 21 days later.

Unfortunately, there’s no room to tuck anymore. The best I can do at this point is to pull the longer ones towards the side and tie them, which is what I’m currently doing. While some of the stalks are still flexible, based on the node spacing I can’t tuck anymore because the lower nug spots will rub.

Hope this helps.

Tok..

IMG_3163.jpeg

Day 27 of flower, day 72 in total:

Moving to the fifth week/stage of nutrients. Plant is somehow continuing to stretch. I maxed the lights out and they managed to get way too close already. I had to Jerry-rig the lights last night to get them AS HIGH AS possible. I’m a little concerned because the power box on top of the light is literally touching the top of the tent. But I bought myself roughly another 4 inches.

Humidity and Ph and all that other good stuff has remained perfect. It’s really just eating as much as it wants. Each day it’s drinking close to two gallons. The first four days since the last res swap I backfilled with full nutrients, but used just RO water the last few days.

I’m wondering if I’ll have enough nutrients for another 8 weeks or so as it continues to slug them down.

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3304.jpeg

IMG_3302.jpeg

Day 28 of flower, day 73 in total:

Went under her belly like a mechanic. Took the bottom Scrog off, and clipped 93% of the leaves underneath. Any of the ones I kept were towards the top of the highest node on that branch. So basically it was the second from the top node on a smaller branch I decided to keep.

I’ve attached some underskirt pics, and a comparison of where I stand currently vs the strain image.

IMG_3330.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3324.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

Day 21 of flower. Doing my own version of shwazz and lollipopping. I call it schwazzipopping. I will attach a few before and after. Whole goal was to get rid of the low sites that would amount to nothing, and take enough veg from the top to allow light penetration to the second level.

All growth below the original net has been removed.! And I made choice decisions about what I left in between scroggs.
IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg
Plants look awesome.

That's a beast of a plant @ChronicKid007! She's still got some stretching to do. You have a Plan B? :)

Oh, my manners! I hope you don't mind me following along. Pleasure to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom