Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds

Sorry HG…I wasn’t thinking about the ability to pull that lever. It is quite hard, and like @StoneOtter said, putting pressure with one hand while holding the rig from tipping over can be strenuous.

It does take some practice for sure, but when you get it down…it’s worth it IMO:

Sorry for the hijack! :Namaste:

:thumb:

The 6-ton doesn’t have a PSI gauge. I really make it simple for that press. I make contact with the puck and put quite a bit of pressure…not smashing it all the way down, but hard enough to hold the puck firmly between the plates and a little bit of a smash starting to happen. That’s where I leave it warming up for a full minute. During that time, I check to ensure the pressure hasn’t released and is still firmly holding the puck in place. Then, I start slowly increasing the pressure. I can see when the rosin starts to leak from the puck:

Then I wait a bit, then continue with small pressure increments. The 6-ton doesn’t allow me to put too much pressure because it starts getting too hard. I judge by watching the ooze…when it stops bubbling or turning really dark in color then I know it’s about time to release. I usually run about 3-4 minutes total, including the 1 minute warmup.

Hope that helps! :Namaste:
That's it I gotta go squish something! Wedding Cake today. I'm going to try your method, it looks sooo good!:drool:

And are there enough goodies left in the puck to use it after for something else or is everything worth getting pretty much squeezed out from the pressing?

Seems like everyone saves their pucks for QWET or similar extraction, so there are definitely goodies left behind.

I'm getting a jar of them. They all look thc encrusted looking closely.
You are correct in that there’s lots of stuff left over. I save the pucks—even the broken ones (trust me…it happens)—for later alcohol extraction. My current jar-o-pucks:

Here’s how I do it…there are lots of ways but please know that it can be dangerous. Read the first page of the linked thread after you read this:

Thank you. Interesting. So you just soak the pucks in their wrappers? I would think you'd get a lot more from them if you broke them up. The press must pack some of the goodies pretty tightly in the middle. But maybe not.

I can see the risk of the alcohol fumes in this extraction. I usually just let my buds sit in a jar of olive oil and then use that on a salad. A bit less risk in that method. :laughtwo:

Thank you. Interesting. So you just soak the pucks in their wrappers? I would think you'd get a lot more from them if you broke them up. The press must pack some of the goodies pretty tightly in the middle. But maybe not.

I can see the risk of the alcohol fumes in this extraction. I usually just let my buds sit in a jar of olive oil and then use that on a salad. A bit less risk in that method. :laughtwo:
Most people do a 2nd wash to get everything out. There may be some left over, but I don’t worry about it. I mostly use the extracted for edibles but I’ve smoked it as well. I’ve tried breaking the pucks up, but it’s a waste of time IMO.

And are there enough goodies left in the puck to use it after for something else or is everything worth getting pretty much squeezed out from the pressing?

@DonkeyDick saves his to make pain cream with.

Thanks HG it’s true.

Seems like everyone saves their pucks for QWET or similar extraction, so there are definitely goodies left behind.

Aside from the fact that ...

it can be dangerous.

... if you are making rosin you have some of the best solventless technology in the world at your fingertips.
I decarb then infuse my spent pucks into olive oil or similar.

Most people do a 2nd wash to get everything out. There may be some left over, but I don’t worry about it. I mostly use the extracted for edibles but I’ve smoked it as well. I’ve tried breaking the pucks up, but it’s a waste of time IMO.
Edibles is a good use for it GT! I bet getting the right recipe was fun!
Another great idea for it!
Thanks HG it’s true.

Aside from the fact that ...

... if you are making rosin you have some of the best solventless technology in the world at your fingertips.
I decarb then infuse my spent pucks into olive oil or similar.
Yet another great idea!

RED ALERT UPDATE ! PLANT DOWN !

Hey folks, as I was checking them this afternoon I saw a nanner, then another, and another! That was it. With a month or more to go for the rest I had to swing the axe on her. What a wonder of a plant! All milky trichs and she projects out to be 8.5 oz's. In 46 days since flip! I pollinated 3 small buds with different pollen. Red Sky, Black Poison skunk and Chunky Cherry Thai. It will be interesting to see if the offspring carry that trait! Actually I hope the seeds are ripe! They may be, I hear it's best to wait 5 weeks, it's been 4.
The scissor hash is spicy and relaxing.
Here's a nanner pic.
And a beauty of a plant!

I have a tent with zippers that open in the middle in front, so two top zips in to center. Two bottom And one middle up and down. I've forgotten half of the middle one a few times and I was wondering if this was going to happen. This may have been me at work here creating the nanneristic vista today. I have to stop that! Anyway, this plant is right where the issue would let light in I'm pretty sure. Have a great day!
SO, congrats on the harvest…been awhile since I stopped by. Catching up and looking great. Cheers

@Dope-Seeds / Black Skull WEDDING CAKE HARVEST UPDATE

WooHoo had a nice harvest today. The tall Wedding Cake in the back that gave me the hardest time just gave me the best harvest! A fairly easy trim of some of the densest bud I've grown! And heavy! 1178 grams wet which when I drop that number into the weed formulator is 10.4 oz! Almost no larf, thank you @InTheShed ! I'm a true no larfer when I can! This is something else!

I have to go and toke the scissor hash now. It produced a ball almost a half inch around so she's pretty loaded with thc! Going to be interesting.
Nice haul SO…lots going on over there. Cheers

FINAL HARVEST DOS-SI-DO 2 BY BLACK SKULL @Dope-Seeds

Well today she made all milky trichs and I took that as my sign to end her status of being alive. We'll enjoy her magical goodness in more internal ways from here on.

63 days since flipping the light. She gave me 1012 grams wet. put that in the weed calculator and get a whopping 9 oz projected dry. A good plant any day. Sticky icky!
Here she is.

I need a weed calculator

Back
Top Bottom