Does Mr Teddy Amore Amare?

Teddy Edwards

Amore Amare. There's their strapline right there. To think I used to get paid for that kind of genius.

:ciao: Everyone.

Amare Technologies, 420 Magazine sponsors, have most kindly given Mr Teddy a top of the range, SolarECLIPSE SE450+UVB. The deal is just a journal. Specifically impartial. As the wonderful Victor at Amare (info@amaretechnologies.com) wrote to me:
All we ask is a non-biased, honest review.
:thanks: Victor. So let's have a look.

Through absolutely no fault of Amare - and completely to do with me living in the middle of green no-where plus a series of general strikes in this beautiful country now economically ravaged by the EU - the light did not get here quite when expected. A full, outdoor summer grow had to get going. So what we are going to do, as all the jars are empty and Mrs Teddy really needs her medicine, is to take a couple of vegging girls and pop them under the Amare for some 12/12 forced flowering. Later we'll try some from seed.

Here comes the science. (This is the bit I usually skip in journals. Although I understand that numbers hold sway above the flux, I've always been more of a words chap).

Here are the product details.

Here is Amare's spectrum. Hope it means something to some of you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Shopify-Spectral-Analysis_2048x2048.png

Amare explain it - here.

My Experience and First Impressions
Victor could not have been nicer or more helpful. He kept me fully informed about shipping and delivery and in a most pleasant fashion. Even if products are similar, it's service that makes the difference.

And when a bouncy old pick-up finally made its way up the mountain, this is what came off the back:

DSC_1351_3_.JPG

Very uninteresting. Perfect. Absolutely no indication of its contents.

Really solid packaging. Three layers plus padding. If it can survive the trip here it can survive most journeys.

DSC_1352_2_.JPG

Unpacking.

DSC_13535.JPG
DSC_13545.JPG
DSC_1355_2_.JPG
DSC_13566.JPG
DSC_1357_2_.JPG
DSC_1358_2_.JPG
DSC_1360_2_.JPG
DSC_1361_2_.JPG
DSC_1362_2_.JPG
DSC_1363_2_.JPG

It also - nice little addition - comes with a couple of very solid adjustable hangers. Much better quality than my current ones. In fact the whole package says 'quality'. The only suggestion I have is to include an idiot's contents/unpacking/set-up guide. It would only take a page, but provide reassurance and guidance to first-time Amare buyers. For example, a stupid person might wonder what those solid H-brackets are for and whether the blue sheeting behind the flourescent should come off or not. Not me, you understand. Oh no. :hmmmm:

Firing her up. Lovely to have white light for plant inspection. And for photos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_1364_2_.JPG
DSC_1365_2_.JPG
DSC_13666.JPG
DSC_1368_2_.JPG
DSC_1371_2_.JPG
DSC_1372_2_.JPG

So let's pick a couple of outdoor girls for the tent.

DSC_1373_2_.JPG
DSC_1376_2_.JPG
DSC_1374_2_.JPG
DSC_1375_2_.JPG

A Grape Ape and Strawberry Blue.

DSC_13777.JPG
DSC_1378_2_.JPG
DSC_1379_2_.JPG
DSC_13803.JPG

And we're off.

DSC_1383_2_.JPG

Pip Pip! Mr Teddy. :love:

Nice looking setup :thumb: will be following along as I am really interested in the amare led panels just wanted to see how they perform first. This journal has popped up just in time for me to follow along and make that desicion :Namaste:

Amore Amare. There's their strapline right there. To think I used to get paid for that kind of genius.

:ciao: Everyone.

Amare Technologies, 420 Magazine sponsors, have most kindly given Mr Teddy a top of the range, SolarECLIPSE SE450+UVB. The deal is just a journal. Specifically impartial. As the wonderful Victor at Amare (info@amaretechnologies.com) wrote to me:

:thanks: Victor. So let's have a look.

Through absolutely no fault of Amare - and completely to do with me living in the middle of green no-where plus a series of general strikes in this beautiful country now economically ravaged by the EU - the light did not get here quite when expected. A full, outdoor summer grow had to get going. So what we are going to do, as all the jars are empty and Mrs Teddy really needs her medicine, is to take a couple of vegging girls and pop them under the Amare for some 12/12 forced flowering. Later we'll try some from seed.

Here comes the science. (This is the bit I usually skip in journals. Although I understand that numbers hold sway above the flux, I've always been more of a words chap).

Here are the product details.

Here is Amare's spectrum. Hope it means something to some of you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Shopify-Spectral-Analysis_2048x2048.png

Amare explain it - here.

My Experience and First Impressions
Victor could not have been nicer or more helpful. He kept me fully informed about shipping and delivery and in a most pleasant fashion. Even if products are similar, it's service that makes the difference.

And when a bouncy old pick-up finally made its way up the mountain, this is what came off the back:

DSC_1351_3_.JPG

Very uninteresting. Perfect. Absolutely no indication of its contents.

Really solid packaging. Three layers plus padding. If it can survive the trip here it can survive most journeys.

DSC_1352_2_.JPG

Unpacking.

DSC_13535.JPG
DSC_13545.JPG
DSC_1355_2_.JPG
DSC_13566.JPG
DSC_1357_2_.JPG
DSC_1358_2_.JPG
DSC_1360_2_.JPG
DSC_1361_2_.JPG
DSC_1362_2_.JPG
DSC_1363_2_.JPG

It also - nice little addition - comes with a couple of very solid adjustable hangers. Much better quality than my current ones. In fact the whole package says 'quality'. The only suggestion I have is to include an idiot's contents/unpacking/set-up guide. It would only take a page, but provide reassurance and guidance to first-time Amare buyers. For example, a stupid person might wonder what those solid H-brackets are for and whether the blue sheeting behind the flourescent should come off or not. Not me, you understand. Oh no. :hmmmm:

Firing her up. Lovely to have white light for plant inspection. And for photos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_1364_2_.JPG
DSC_1365_2_.JPG
DSC_13666.JPG
DSC_1368_2_.JPG
DSC_1371_2_.JPG
DSC_1372_2_.JPG

So let's pick a couple of outdoor girls for the tent.

DSC_1373_2_.JPG
DSC_1376_2_.JPG
DSC_1374_2_.JPG
DSC_1375_2_.JPG

A Grape Ape and Strawberry Blue.

DSC_13777.JPG
DSC_1378_2_.JPG
DSC_1379_2_.JPG
DSC_13803.JPG

And we're off.

DSC_1383_2_.JPG

Pip Pip! Mr Teddy. :love:
Subbed and seated sir

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Nice looking setup :thumb: will be following along as I am really interested in the amare led panels just wanted to see how they perform first. This journal has popped up just in time for me to follow along and make that desicion :Namaste:
Oh man let me tell you been running since end of last year and it is a beast man definitely worth every penny you will plus so much more.

:ciao:

Hullo, Chums.

Flowering - Day 4

Well, nothing much is moving at Chateau Teddy. It's 35 outside and not a lot less in the tent. The staff are lethargic, the animals sleeping and the outdoor garden is waiting for one of our dramatic storms. Which is not forecast. I've just taken 5 mins off from fanning Lady Teddy to take a couple of snaps.

With no air con unit there's not much I can do except keep hanging wet towels and filling bowls. We'll water tomorrow and add some Teddy Nettle & Comfrey nutrition. Maybe a little Horsetail Fern silica solution too which has been brewing for a few weeks now, along with a spray of my stincky seaweed mix before flowering starts.

Nothing amiss with that Amare light however.

DSC_004749.JPG

DSC_004151.JPG

DSC_004854.JPG

DSC_004253.JPG

DSC_004361.JPG

DSC_004452.JPG

And here comes the pack-shot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_004655.JPG

Peace be with you.

Pip Pip! Mr Teddy x :love:

:ciao:

Hullo, Chums.

Flowering - Day 4

Well, nothing much is moving at Chateau Teddy. It's 35 outside and not a lot less in the tent. The staff are lethargic, the animals sleeping and the outdoor garden is waiting for one of our dramatic storms. Which is not forecast. I've just taken 5 mins off from fanning Lady Teddy to take a couple of snaps.

With no air con unit there's not much I can do except keep hanging wet towels and filling bowls. We'll water tomorrow and add some Teddy Nettle & Comfrey nutrition. Maybe a little Horsetail Fern silica solution too which has been brewing for a few weeks now, along with a spray of my stincky seaweed mix before flowering starts.

Nothing amiss with that Amare light however.

DSC_004749.JPG

DSC_004151.JPG

DSC_004854.JPG

DSC_004253.JPG

DSC_004361.JPG

DSC_004452.JPG

And here comes the pack-shot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_004655.JPG

Peace be with you.

So what are your thoughts on the the heat output? I know mine is nothing like I thought it would be

very cool.

girls are looking happy.

is it safe to say im jealous? lol

Subscribed! (My shortest post, ever.)

Hullo, Chums :ciao:

Flowering, Day 11

The girls have been struggling with the temperature and humidity and a little Cal/Mag deficiency. The outside ladies provide a good benchmark, since they're planted in exactly the same home-made soil - peat, perlite, dark, rich humus from the surrounding forest, soil from my own compost heap, a little zeolite and a some rock dust from the local slate works.

Outside the ladies are doing, frankly, absolutely splendidly, despite temperatures over the last week in the mid 30s.

In the tent, temps have hit 40 and humidity has been down to 9 or 10. The Amare lights do give off a little more heat than my previous mid-market 450W lights, but it's not significant.

So they've been fed with some calcium and magnesium crystals (ready-made solutions are out of the question here, but it's not difficult to get hold of the real thing), diluted into the local mountain spring water.

And we certainly have flowering.

DSC_0273_2_.JPG
DSC_0267_2_.JPG
DSC_02709.JPG
DSC_0272_2_.JPG
DSC_0269_2_1.JPG
DSC_0268_2_.JPG
DSC_0271_2_.JPG

As I write, a summer storm has rolled over the mountain. Temperatures have dropped nicely and dry lightning illuminates the Gulf. Everybody happy.

Peace be with you.

In the tent, temps have hit 40

If your tent temperatures reach "emergency" levels (whatever temperature you decide that is), you can always switch off the COBs. Admittedly, that also switches off a great deal of illumination, lol.

Are you running that UV bulb constantly (when the panel is in use), or do you have it on a separate timer?

I've actually been wondering the same thing, is there a way to have it on it's own timer or not? the uv bulb that is.
having not found the info on their website.

Are you running that UV bulb constantly (when the panel is in use), or do you have it on a separate timer?

hey just went to the ?? first post and I see in the pics there are two cord sockets on it. that makes a separate timer seem possible eh.

I've actually been wondering the same thing, is there a way to have it on it's own timer or not? the uv bulb that is.
having not found the info on their website.

hey just went to the ?? first post and I see in the pics there are two cord sockets on it. that makes a separate timer seem possible eh.

Yes, there are three separate switches - one for the six COBs, one for the 60 mono-color LEDs, and one for the UVB bulb. And, as you discovered, there is a separate power cord setup which is solely for the UV supplementation, and things were designed that way so that the UV bulb could be run via its own timer.

Many people (who use supplemental UV-B) only use it for a few minutes to a couple of hours per day. But plants grown at high altitude receive higher levels (than ones grown at/near sea level) throughout the day. OtOH, I have no idea as far as what the relative strength/intensity of this UV-B bulb is. At first glance, one 15-watt (IIRC) fluorescent bulb does not seem like much. But then I remembered that much of the sun's UV output is filtered by our atmosphere (even at high altitude) - otherwise, we wouldn't be here ;) . And that bulb, although of relatively low power... is not just "also outputs some UV radiation" like an unshielded metal halide bulb does - that's its main purpose. IOW, the percentage of UV that it produces in regards to its overall output would be much higher. And finally... those bulbs are powerful enough to keep a sun-loving (and -needing) reptile alive, healthy, and what passes for healthy in a critter with a brain that small. So... IDK, lol.

Yes, there are three separate switches - one for the six COBs, one for the 60 mono-color LEDs, and one for the UVB bulb. And, as you discovered, there is a separate power cord setup which is solely for the UV supplementation, and things were designed that way so that the UV bulb could be run via its own timer.

Many people (who use supplemental UV-B) only use it for a few minutes to a couple of hours per day. But plants grown at high altitude receive higher levels (than ones grown at/near sea level) throughout the day. OtOH, I have no idea as far as what the relative strength/intensity of this UV-B bulb is. At first glance, one 15-watt (IIRC) fluorescent bulb does not seem like much. But then I remembered that much of the sun's UV output is filtered by our atmosphere (even at high altitude) - otherwise, we wouldn't be here ;) . And that bulb, although of relatively low power... is not just "also outputs some UV radiation" like an unshielded metal halide bulb does - that's its main purpose. IOW, the percentage of UV that it produces in regards to its overall output would be much higher. And finally... those bulbs are powerful enough to keep a sun-loving (and -needing) reptile alive, healthy, and what passes for healthy in a critter with a brain that small. So... IDK, lol.
I love this guy rite here

Back
Top Bottom