Defoliation on 3 week old plant: would you remove these two leaves?

remove the big fans there is about 8-10 ? nice plant and it will really open up and grow !!!

I removed almost nothing until flower and then just enough to get airflow and light to a couple buds.
And she did rather well.

The only "defoliation" that I do is just clean up under the SCROG.
I tuck leaves and move buds in order to keep as many healthy leaves as possible.

I prefer the lower stress and the nutrient buffer of having the leaves rather than the slight if any yield increase.
20160917_101920.jpg

I removed almost nothing until flower and then just enough to get airflow and light to a couple buds.
And she did rather well.

I tuck leaves and move buds in order to keep as many healthy leaves as possible.

I prefer the lower stress and the nutrient buffer of having the leaves rather than the slight if any yield increase.
20160917_101920.jpg
you are right with that type of growing - what a Massive grow !!
And she did rather well.

20160917_101920.jpg
really depends on strain with re-guards to defo also ? - LST works good for me with little or no defoliation

I would also remove the large fans on the bottom, they are doing nothing for your plant or you. They are complete nutrients whores!
Take any large fan off. Remove any inward facing fans too.
Leave the smaller growth at the bottom, let her mature a little more.
I stripped my MK bush clean 4 times before flower, twice during flower.
I’m not crazy... I just taught myself what these plants can handle vs not.
Defoliation is an awesome tool in your growing arsenal for HEALTHY plants.
Be gentle, be patient, be precise... and you will reap a great harvest!
My $.02 on the matter.

You've got it totally assbackwards. When the time comes, all the leaves will be nutrient sources for the buds. Defoliating in veg, you are just making it do the same again and waste energy doing so.
I have to agree with @AEVJK in my scrog set up I have done it both ways...I currently defoliate in veg not heavy just leaves that are getting any light or that are blocking branches and then I strip all the fan leaves twice in the 12/12 cycle . This method encourages good flower production deep in the canopy and after a couple weeks you really cant even tell that you strip them . You would think that this method would be counterproductive especially seeing it , but I asure you it is not ..well at least in hydro as I have only done this with plants in my hydro system and in coco ….here are pics before , after the strip and in flower of this method done on a plant in coco , this was done on the second week of 12/12.
IMG_5240.JPG
IMG_5242.JPG
IMG_5315.JPG
IMG_5316.JPG
IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG

Back
Top Bottom