Defoliate?

Tomcat420

Should I defoliate a little more she is about 3 weeks into flower but really just started to grow the last few days to to a bout of overwatering and mistakes but she is starting to get healthy again did so dome lolipopping and mild defoliation but still fairly new to this.

IMG_5859.jpeg

IMG_5860.jpeg

IMG_5858.jpeg

It wouldn’t hurt to defoliate a couple of leaves at this point. I would just remove only whats necessary. Remove leaves that are not being kissed by light and remove leaves covering bud sites. If you can tuck without compromising another node then do that instead.

From what I see in the photos, you did a pretty good job. Just remember to not over do it. The plant is now focusing on flower development and will not grow back any new leaves; she still needs as many leaves as possible.

DONT STRIP EM! lol

Good Luck! 🙌🏽

@Tomcat420 How is it going?
You can defoliate leaves during the whole grow, but it gets a little trickier when the plant is in flower.

As @Janluna mentioned you do not want to get carried away during flower, because they won't grow back again. Take any leaves that are blocking bud sites from receiving direct light.

To answer you question yes, you can defoliate during flower.

Sta safe and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:
basically what Tok said. Just clear up enough to open up a few bud sites and promote air flow. Also like he said, they don’t grow back once in flower so just be mindful. Your plant looks lovely :)

It wouldn’t hurt to defoliate a couple of leaves at this point. I would just remove only whats necessary. Remove leaves that are not being kissed by light and remove leaves covering bud sites. If you can tuck without compromising another node then do that instead.

From what I see in the photos, you did a pretty good job. Just remember to not over do it. The plant is now focusing on flower development and will not grow back any new leaves; she still needs as many leaves as possible.

DONT STRIP EM! lol

Good Luck! 🙌🏽
Thank you and yes I have took a little here and there but my last plant I feel I might have overdone it a bit and just wanted some opinions on this one. Thank you will continue with my selective defoliation

@Tomcat420 How is it going?
You can defoliate leaves during the whole grow, but it gets a little trickier when the plant is in flower.

As @Janluna mentioned you do not want to get carried away during flower, because they won't grow back again. Take any leaves that are blocking bud sites from receiving direct light.

To answer you question yes, you can defoliate during flower.

Sta safe and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:
Thanks you and will do. Less is more is my mindset on defoliation only removing this necessary for bud sites to get bud or those not receiving light that’s just wasting energy right?

Back
Top Bottom