Critical, Blueberry OG, Mimosa Evo, Mimosa Orange Punch And Biscotti Mintz

Gru

For my 2nd grow journal I bring another variety of strains.

All are in week 4 of flower, grown in Kellogg’s organic soil (that I dried out for a month in a wheel barrow hitting it with a fake MAP torch and heat gun periodically) amended with perlite.

5 gallon grow bags
720 watt chinesium light.
5’ x 5’ vivosun cube top tent.

I’d like to preface I did things different this time from my usual grows.

I partially used organic top dress nutrients. I say partially because my soil seemed to compact itself and become hydrophobic. Working the nutrients into the 1st 1-3 inches of soil is impossible.

I still use it but I water with a nutrient solution knowing that most of the dust is just flowing out the sides.

I rectified the hydrophobia by soaking them in a bucket.

Ok now for the good stuff.

Here is Biscotti Mintz:

IMG_0559.jpeg

I’ve been keeping the humidity between 30-40%.

Me and mold are arch enemies.

I did keep the humidity pretty high the 1st 2 weeks of flower though.

I call it the Veg+ stage.

Edit: humidity does reach like 60% post water for a few hours.

I’ve been feeding them really heavily.

I ran out of pH up and been using baking soda lol.

So I flushed them last week with florakleen and started feeding again.

I’ll probably flush again in a week or 2.

As a side note; my cities water pH fluctuates between the warmer and cooler months.

Water has been testing more acidic during the winter (6.5ish) and more basic during the summer (8-9)

Hydrophobic soil, I take a fork and rake the top a bit. Put beer in a squirt bottle and spritz it into the soil. It will loosen it up. I have had good luck, and I tried the soap method also. Drop or 2 of soap into spray bottle. Mines only 12oz I think. Spritz the soil. I personally wait 45mon to hr. Then water the plants normally. This has worked several times

Hydrophobic soil, I take a fork and rake the top a bit. Put beer in a squirt bottle and spritz it into the soil. It will loosen it up. I have had good luck, and I tried the soap method also. Drop or 2 of soap into spray bottle. Mines only 12oz I think. Spritz the soil. I personally wait 45mon to hr. Then water the plants normally. This has worked several times
I’ll keep that in mind.

I did rough up the top layer though.

The soap and light alcohol make sense. The booze is less dense than water and the soap makes “water wetter”.

Mold is my enemy also. I definitely need to add more circulation fans on the inside.

Bwhahhahahahahah. Love it! I got me some of dem chinesium lights also! Praise the chinesium light gods!!
It works and the price was right.

I know they are cranking out those things by the thousands for about $40, no way I’m paying $800 for a light just because somebody machined out your brand name or logo or anodized it.

It works and the price was right.

I know they are cranking out those things by the thousands for about $40, no way I’m paying $800 for a light just because somebody machined out your brand name or logo or anodized it.
True that! I'm a home grower not a commercial grower. I can't believe some prices out there. It's like even the playing a field a bit. Or the zon will start replication of those led lights for 1/4 of the price

True that! I'm a home grower not a commercial grower. I can't believe some prices out there. It's like even the playing a field a bit. Or the zon will start replication of those led lights for 1/4 of the price
Truth.

I think with the internet and it’s culmination of hobby nerds, people are spending big money chasing diminishing returns.

Back
Top Bottom