Clones and time lines

Mr woopie

Hi guys I am a little confused on the timing of clones flowering.
So I took clones from my gg#4 and all 4 are doing well and about 12 inches high now . I took the clones towards the end of veg.
So my question is can I assume that these healthy clones are already at the end of veg state and flip them to flowering already or do I have to wait until they are mature and sexualy active?

Hey Mr Woopie,

The start of sexual maturity is said to begin once a seedling grows beyond even pairs of nodes and starts producing staggered or uneven nodes. However depending on where clones were cut from on the host plant can impact that… for example you can cut clones from low on the plant and still have even pairs of nodes or clones cut from the top may already have staggered nodes..

rule of a clone is 3 fold, a clone is always same age, same gender and same genetics as the host it was cut from.

pics will help but generally speaking if the clones are producing new 5 bladed fan leaves then you can flip them, but might help to let them veg for a few weeks to stabilize

What is your objective with clones? To yield the most? Fill your space? What size pots are they in/ going into? If like me you want to yield the most for your hard work, you're likely going to want to :

A. Transplant into a pot large enough to support their flowering cycle ( they say 1 gallon of soil per month of growth)

B. Make sure they can take advantage of their root space! Idk what sort of soil you're in, but I like mine drinking their entire pots worth of water in 4 days TOPS! So I veg until they're meeting that criteria 😊

Anymore I tend to veg until I know that my girls will fill the footprint of my light! So if it's a 5x5 net I veg until I'm filling at least 3/4 of said net 👍 good luck !

Back
Top Bottom