Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Yeah, it's the kind of overcast that keeps everything wet all day....I hate that crap...
...in other news, I may have a sprout...it's just a little bump in the solo cup right now, but in about 2 hours...stand back! ...😄....or not, we'll see...

Anticipation. :lot-o-toke:
And, just 12 short hours later......boom!..... 😄 ..she sprouted/stood up at apx 11:30 last night...👍

Here she is today...(Forbidden Fruit) -she's a happy little lady...
FF1.jpg

There's no room in the box now, so I made her up a temporary seedling light..it's a bit "crude", but it'll work fine for 10 days or so..
My new soil evidently "settles" way more than promix..that cup was full when I started this one..
FF2.jpg

A 9 watt led with the globe removed goes on the end of the cup
FF3.jpg

A little window, to see what's happening..but mainly to monitor temp, which is sitting at 78f (the big number is the rH)
FF4.jpg

She'll spend 10 or 12 days on a 20/4 light schedule, then into the big SIP she goes, and the sun will take over..
FF5.jpg

That's about it for today - I'll be back in here tomorrow with the haps on the other ladies..
Thanks for looking, and
I hope you're having a great weekend!

Congrats on the sprout Carcass!

Unfortunately, I cannot -- in good conscience -- endorse your seedling light contraption. 😁

Unfortunately, I cannot -- in good conscience -- endorse your seedling light contraption. 😁
I don't blame you- it looks dangerous (and reeaall ugly), but the lamp base only gets to 155f, so nothing's going to burst into flame...and the seedling is loving it in there...
Safety first!
Exactly!
That's why I wouldn't use an incandescent bulb in the same application.. 😄

Happy Monday!
Time for an Update on the Summer grow, inside and out...

First up, the 76 day old @Barney's Farm Critical Kush...she's grown another 6 inches in 7 days, so she's 23" tall now.
SaugaView®:
ck1.jpg

Seems like we were just here a month ago or so...🤔
ck2.jpg

Hard to believe she acted like a runt for her first 53 days..
ck3.jpg

One of her little pom-poms..
pom pom.jpg

The Forbidden Fruit is doing great in her little "module"...she's in a little swick, but I'm not sure if it's working/wicking yet...
Happy gal.jpg

And now on to the outdoor girls...very little sun this last week, but they're growing anyway..
b1.jpg

The 5 gal. bucket is for scale- CK2 is 36" tall, Somango is 30"
I started them on RxBlend nutes about a week ago, they seem pretty happy about that...
36-30.jpg

A closer look at CK#2..she's going to be a big one..
ck2-1.jpg

and Somango is no slouch, either...
Som 1.jpg

I thought this looked cool...:cool:
negative.jpg

There you have it for today-
Thanks for looking,
I appreciate your support!

All look well Carcass!

That last pic is pretty cool.

I need that tool in my box for those "purple" plants I grow that never turn purple! :Rasta:

And, just 12 short hours later......boom!..... 😄 ..she sprouted/stood up at apx 11:30 last night...👍

Here she is today...(Forbidden Fruit) -she's a happy little lady...
FF1.jpg

There's no room in the box now, so I made her up a temporary seedling light..it's a bit "crude", but it'll work fine for 10 days or so..
My new soil evidently "settles" way more than promix..that cup was full when I started this one..
FF2.jpg

A 9 watt led with the globe removed goes on the end of the cup
FF3.jpg

A little window, to see what's happening..but mainly to monitor temp, which is sitting at 78f (the big number is the rH)
FF4.jpg

She'll spend 10 or 12 days on a 20/4 light schedule, then into the big SIP she goes, and the sun will take over..
FF5.jpg

That's about it for today - I'll be back in here tomorrow with the haps on the other ladies..
Thanks for looking, and
I hope you're having a great weekend!
That's a beauty of an idea!

Excellent plants all around. :thumb:
Thank You, Keith!...and that's four seeds in a row that I didn't kill...😄
That last pic is pretty cool.

I need that tool in my box for those "purple" plants I grow that never turn purple!
Thanks, GDB👍- Yeah, that's the only way I'm getting any purple weed this year..
That's a beauty of an idea!
Thanks, Stone- If I do that again, it won't be quite so ugly....

My reasoning is/was- the lights in the big box go out at 9pm until 9am, so it gets a bit cold in there(50's)...but, the seedling thingy is on all the time so it stays nice n'toasty(78f-80f), even out in the 55f garage.
I was going to run it on 20/4, but it'll be easier to just run it 24/0 till transplant..
So that's why I made that hideous thing...:)

Thinking about it I gave my buddy an ounce a couple weeks ago. We were in public and I acted like I handed him the newspaper and he was like whoa! What are you doing! LOL I told him relax man we are legal here!

I give no F’s! kids have friends, their parents come over, if they mention the smell I will apologize for not offering them some sooner, along with a cold beverage :)

Far too many years of having to feel like a criminal for doing ZERO wrong :)
I've had to guerrilla grow for years and I love/hate it. It IS weird but great having it legal. I'm excited about growing/learning inside. Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️

I think all 3 are starting to gallop Carcass, healthy looking too!
Thanks, Stunger- Those outdoor girls are really going for it, especially the Critical Kush...funny- I thought I planted them far enough apart, but they're going to be touching each other about a week from now...
I've had to guerrilla grow for years and I love/hate it. It IS weird but great having it legal.
I grew out side for years before I made the box, now I've got the state of California hanging bug traps next to my plants outside... things sure have changed...:cool:
Excellent contraption module
Ugly as sin, but works like a charm.... :)
And with 6" of growth in a week, I hope you have enough headroom, or very wide and squat colas. :cheesygrinsmiley:
The inside girl seems to be slowing her roll just a little- she's only grown one inch since Monday, instead of her usual two..👍

Well, it's time to fire up the new laptop, so I may be "off the grid" for awhile... ⏲️

This old turd disconnected 3 times while I was making that last post...so, it's either throw it out the window, or turn it off, and startup the new one...

I'll wait till I get all my files off of it, then it goes out the window...🥏

Well, it's time to fire up the new laptop,

Got it working yesterday, (Acer/Aspire #3 15) moved most of my stuff over from the old one..
Damn- those SSD's (Solid State Drives) are lightning fast!
7 seconds to boot up...the old one took like 4 minutes +....
And my internet runs at 455 megabits per second, it was 40...so just a smidge faster..🤏😁

Email works, my photo software works, and I can upload pics.
I don't need much more than that..

The CK (left) has grown 4 inches since Monday, so she's 40" tall now, the Somango has grown 5", so she's 35" tall now..and that was with one day of sun out of the last 6 days...
I'm glad there's no "upper limit" on these...let 'em grow!
CK-S.JPG

Back
Top Bottom