Can anyone ID this seedling issue

Wulves

Suddenly brown spots on first real leaves only.
Happy Frog soil
CFL 60w
Humidiy25°
Temp 73°

Attachments

• 20191117_171916.jpg
    20191117_171916.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 144
Thanks all.
Its in Happy Frog soil I think there is enough Nutes , for this stage ,
in the soil , so im not feeding her at all till after the final transplant.
Spring water I might have splash burn from the CFL and water combo the spots are only on her first true leaves , oops I had the bulb pretty close at that stage.
I backed it off since.
She seems fine now Strawberry Cheese Cake
:peace::love::thumb:BTW.
HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL.

Thanks all.
Its in Happy Frog soil I think there is enough Nutes , for this stage ,
in the soil , so im not feeding her at all till after the final transplant.
Spring water I might have splash burn from the CFL and water combo the spots are only on her first true leaves , oops I had the bulb pretty close at that stage.
I backed it off since.
She seems fine now Strawberry Cheese Cake
:peace::love::thumb:BTW.
HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL.
How hard is your spring water? Does it have Ca/Mg hardness and is it alkali? If not, add some Ca,Mg. CFL rarely will burn plants.

Store bought spring water.
I have Sulfer water in our Water Well here.
Id never give that water to my plants nor pets ..lol

Just a heads up, at some point you’re going to need to address your humidity. You’ll want to be closer to 70%.

Here’s a VPD chart that I use for reference.
0C90036D-42BC-4D82-8C27-216C50F08D9D.jpeg

Just a heads up, at some point you’re going to need to address your humidity. You’ll want to be closer to 70%.

Here’s a VPD chart that I use for reference.
0C90036D-42BC-4D82-8C27-216C50F08D9D.jpeg
My ambient greenhouse consistantly runs over 33C and near 20% RH, and I grow very large plants without showing stress. The microclime on the leaf's surface is what has to be measured. As there is trans/evap going on, it is cooler and higher RH than ambient, especially with moving air which really impacts leaf surface conditions. Here in the arid west, with wind, the plant's swamp cooler works great, and really impacts leaf surface temp. Humid regions, less so.

My ambient greenhouse consistantly runs over 33C and near 20% RH, and I grow very large plants without showing stress. The microclime on the leaf's surface is what has to be measured. As there is trans/evap going on, it is cooler and higher RH than ambient, especially with moving air which really impacts leaf surface conditions. Here in the arid west, with wind, the plant's swamp cooler works great, and really impacts leaf surface temp. Humid regions, less so.
I get it, but at least it’ll will make him aware that the temp to RH ratio is a factor to consider. That VPD chart gives a good baseline to hit, and if he wants to get perfect, now he knows what to do a deep dive in.
@InTheShed shared his VPD chart with me earlier this year, and I actually found it helpful.
What’s the deal behind VPD charts? I feel like 80% of the time I put them out there, someone tries to disregard data. I’m new to all of this, but it just seems like one of those touchy subjects.

The chart does not take into consideration at least 3 things. Plant species( lettuce and cannabis don't have the same optimal growing conditions)Leaf surface conditions, and the ability of a plant to manipulate it's own environment through stomata. The chart omits one very impactful variable---air movement(wind)!

Here's my greenhouse which is often under "Dangerous" conditions.

Attachments

• DSC01809.JPG
    DSC01809.JPG
    903.5 KB · Views: 83
Thank you for taking :peace: time to explain everything

Thank you all, and the greenhouse is beautiful.
She is not dead by any means this is my 5th grow and I never had a issue with 12day old seedlings with discolored first true leaves.
I do have to say this is a closet grow , a snall closet at that ,and the seedling in question is in the closet with a 60 day old Afgan which is almost ready to harvest.
I do believe its outgrown the solo cup and needs ca/mag now and is today being transplanted to her new home , thus I will not raise the humidity in the closet to avoid damaging my 2 month old Afgan .
Im working within my limitations and do appreciate everyones response.
Happy Holidays:peace:

Btw I just moved here in August and the grow area here , the closet , it totally different in size and my set up from my previous grow closet which was sooo perfect to grow in , perfect humidity and I had room to work etc etc.
This new place has been a challange to grow.
3 months now and still working on exhaust and intake and stablizing humidity especially that im rotating plants so as I harvest one another will be ready a month later.
Grow Space is the foundation .
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom