Calcium problem (I think) how to fix?

It isn't just the tip though, you can see the same discoloration beginning all along the serrated edges of that leaf.

that right here. @Roy Growin and @Sueet are correct. the edging is the sign with tipping either being previous or happening with.

Those plants are 3 weeks in ground
Good. I was hoping that everyone would be on the same page as far as the age of the plants and the weekly amounts of fertilizer being used.

So this morning a I mixed 6 gallons of nutrients in two 3 gallon batches.
25 mL a+b (used the bottle measure) 1 Tbs of calmag and absolutely drenched the pots till runoff.
I don't want to do the exact calculations but is the 25 ml A & B calculated out to match the companies recommended dose for 2 and 1/2 gallons of water? If that is the dose and you are mixing it into 3 gallons then the result is a diluted mixture.

My order of operations is: added silica, then cal mag, the a+b waited about 2 hours then pH’d to 5.8
It has been mentioned in many messages here that the order is supposed to be the Calcium first and mix it real well. Then wait about 10 minutes. Next step is to add the rest of the fertilizers and a nutrients. Be sure to check the pH and adjust if needed before applying.

It has been mentioned in many messages here that the order is supposed to be the Calcium first and mix it real well. Then wait about 10 minutes. Next step is to add the rest of the fertilizers and a nutrients. Be sure to check the pH and adjust if needed before applying.
I've also seen it said that silica goes first. When I tried to look it up, I found that to be the general concensus, and I also found an article that suggests cal mag shouldn't even be next after the silica. It is a hydro site so does that info also apply in soil/other mediums? IDK. ... Mixing Plant Nutrients - How Order Affects Absorption

I've also seen it said that silica goes first. When I tried to look it up, I found that to be the general concensus, and I also found an article that suggests cal mag shouldn't even be next after the silica. It is a hydro site so does that info also apply in soil/other mediums? IDK. ... Mixing Plant Nutrients - How Order Affects Absorption

mix in the same order no matter the media.

I remember several in the group always saying to do the Calcium first. Have to admit that I cannot remember that they were mentioning silica in the same msg.

When I was using water and nutrient mixes I would only mix in the NPK nutrient and would hold off on the calcium. The calcium would be mixed and poured the next watering session. I never had to consider the order.

Now that I am using dry powdered or granular nutrients and applying as a top dressing I doubt there is any particular order. Especially so since both the fertilizers for the vegetative and flowering stage already have a good amount of calcium already mixed into the powder.

I think I have a calcium problem starting and don’t know the fix.

I’ve been using canna a+b. 1.5 tablespoons each per 3 gallons (22.?? mL for the metric crowd) with about 1-1.5 tsp cal mag.

pH’d to 5.8.

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg
Up your PH to 6.5 for a couple of cal mag feeds. It picks up those better at 6.5. I usually let it fluctuate 5.5-6.5. That way it touches all the best spots for all macro and micro. Using mykos at the root zone will help with the PH sensitivity. It makes more nutrients available at a wider PH range. Happy growing.

The silica has to dissolve and break down into an absorbable form which takes the longest, I think is the reasoning behind it.

Up your PH to 6.5 for a couple of cal mag feeds. It picks up those better at 6.5. I usually let it fluctuate 5.5-6.5. That way it touches all the best spots for all macro and micro. Using mykos at the root zone will help with the PH sensitivity. It makes more nutrients available at a wider PH range. Happy growing.
I actually thought about doing this because after everything is all said and done, the solution has been about 6.4 pH.

I’ve seen the ranges for coco grows go from 5.5-6.8 but that 5.8 number seems to be “consensus” with much of the material I’ve read.

Back
Top Bottom