C99 & Iced Widow

Pics Sol pics!!!

cam down cam down, will upload pics soon enough :cheesygrinsmiley: a bit worried about the size now, according to the internet both strains are medium sized...im hoping that means they grow about 2x the size during flower, cause if its 3x then I might be in trouble lol!!

Day28. I saw another fly, I think it might have been white so I dipped all the leaves in some water with garlic, chilies & soap last night. The fimming seems to have worked I think, can't really tell whats happening exactly with the branches but they seem to produce new nodes in quick succession or close together. Anyhow the supercrop worked a treat on the tall c99, the tip is already pointing vertically & the nodes underneath are getting more light, thats 3 new shoots I think...happy days!

I need to flip in one week (by day35)...so later ill fim & supercrop one last time & let them be. Will also gradually reduce the light to around 18hrs then 16hrs, 14hrs & finally just under 12hrs.

day28:
day284.JPG

peace out

Thats a pretty cool idea lowering the lighting that way, not pratical in my grow area though. If I was you I wouldnt do anything drastic to the plants in the week running upto flower, by drastic I mean topping or similar, supercropping.

Just super cropped the hell out all the plants...I mean everything that could be snapped & bent was snapped & bent! Hopefully the poor things recover by next week so they can flower in peace lol! :grinjoint:

What can I say, I feel my canopy was massacred by a lawnmower after all that super cropping yesterday lol! im glad I did it a week before flip cause I need them to flower in peace for a chance to finish within 8-9wks. But they look alright, a bit bushy...might increase the lights to 1000w soon.

Happy growing pals :tokin:

and in a day or 2 it wont even look like it was mowed over at all!

A day or two would be great! Some of the branches keep straightening up which is a pain, I actually broke one this morning trying to bend it back in place, was just hanging by a piece of outer layer so I taped it...hope I dont regret this whole supercrop thing, fimming seems smooth sailing compared to this with no headache lol! thanks for passing by amigo...
:welcome:

I thought my super cropping strategy was working but looking at the plants again this morning I see that most of them are standing straight again lol! I probably didn't do it right & maybe these strains don't respond well to this I don't know. Anyway will just leave them be since I want to flip in a few days, but its a shame I put them under unnecessary stress for not much benefit. Plus I broke a branch yesterday (see pic), the leaves look like their withering away & doesn't look like it will recover but at least the two nodes below it are still there...I think the plant might be treating this as if it was topped, so I might just do that if the leaves remain as they are by tomorrow.

I'm not saying it was all bad though, some shoots did rise from being exposed to more light for a while but we're back at square one with the bent branches standing upright again. I'm glad I gave it a go however, all part of the learning curve...looking forward to the flowering stage next, lets bring it on lol!!

broken branch:
ghghgj.JPG

:peacetwo:

I checked that broken branch last night & it wasn't recovering so I just cut it off as if it was topped...hopefully the 2 new shoots will develop into monster stems lol!! my portable a/c was taken to the repair shop yesterday since it wasn't blowing cold air & will hopefully get it back tomorrow...so its a bit hot in there.

:tokin:

Thanks y'all for the support :thanks:

Day 35. Let flowering begin...I flipped last night for the first time. They should be ready in 8-9wks so lets hope they continue to progress nicely. Still running 600w, might increase to 1000w soon. One of the c99's is about 50cm, I hope its size doesn't bite me in the ass lol!! Oh & I got that window a/c back so temps should be better again...looking forward to this stage of the grow.

day34:
day34_b4flip_.JPG

day35:
day357.JPG

Peace out :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom