Bud trimmers

Who uses them who hates them?

I think im ready to bite bullet. I hate spending weeks in trim jail. Jeff bezos has a few for like 2-300 USD do you need to spend like 4-6 for a good one ?

can you help me choose a good one or talk me out of it ?
Good morning Amigo :ciao:
I can hand trim fairly fast so I prefer that method.
I do own an economy model bowl trimmer.
My problem with it is the amount it takes off my buds inorder to remove the necessary amount of trim.
It can really scalp trics and bud matter.
They work too good sometimes.
I prefer a slower dry aswell.
Hanging branches take longer to dry than buds on mesh.
Just a preference though, I haven't found a major difference in quality when dried on a rack.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Have you considered one of those silicon/rubber bud brushes? [*I have not used one*]
Apparently, you cut off the fan leaves, let it dry then just brush it and any excess leaf just brushes off, without any damage to the actual buds
Someone on the forum demonstrated one and was impressed, but I can't remember who :ganjamon:

full
I have a @VIVOSUN bowl trimmer. It's pretty similar to this one.
The density of the buds matters a lot. If they're nicely dense you get the pic above (don't know why the site put it up there).
If they're loose and airy you end up with a bowl full of coarsely chopped buds and trim. If you're making extracts or oils/budder you've skipped a step.
It comes down to personal preference.

Have you considered one of those silicon/rubber bud brushes? [*I have not used one*]
Apparently, you cut off the fan leaves, let it dry then just brush it and any excess leaf just brushes off, without any damage to the actual buds
Someone on the forum demonstrated one and was impressed, but I can't remember who :ganjamon:
@Lady Cannafan @StoneOtter and @Mike Wright all used one recently, and seemed to like the results.
I think someone else recommended it to them.

full
I have a @VIVOSUN bowl trimmer. It's pretty similar to this one.
The density of the buds matters a lot. If they're nicely dense you get the pic above (don't know why the site put it up there).
If they're loose and airy you end up with a bowl full of coarsely chopped buds and trim. If you're making extracts or oils/budder you've skipped a step.
It comes down to personal preference.
that's pretty good - used mine once and went back to hand trimming, still left a lot of clean-up to do presentation wise and was looking for a 1 stop solution. Wasn't it for me. If I smoked and didn't care about presentation just wanted bud - all day it, then itwould work for me. Yours look pretty excellent tho!

After my first outdoor attempt took 3-5 family members swapping in and out to trim the wet plant down to buds, I needed help for the next year. Back when I had a good paying job I sprung for a TrimPro upright electric trimmer. I can get a whole plant of roughly 2500g down in 4hrs from outside, inside, trimmed and washed for my freeze dryer. Yeah they take a bit off the buds, but the time saving is amazing. Although I also did it because I had wrist surgery and the trimming by hand was out of the question, and this machine was a god send. Sadly I have recently become a landrace Sativa fan and the machine would squish them if I attempted to use. The machine is a wet trimmer but more so for Indica/hybrid structured buds that can take a little more abuse.

After my first outdoor attempt took 3-5 family members swapping in and out to trim the wet plant down to buds, I needed help for the next year. Back when I had a good paying job I sprung for a TrimPro upright electric trimmer. I can get a whole plant of roughly 2500g down in 4hrs from outside, inside, trimmed and washed for my freeze dryer. Yeah they take a bit off the buds, but the time saving is amazing. Although I also did it because I had wrist surgery and the trimming by hand was out of the question, and this machine was a god send. Sadly I have recently become a landrace Sativa fan and the machine would squish them if I attempted to use. The machine is a wet trimmer but more so for Indica/hybrid structured buds that can take a little more abuse.
Do you have any pics of it. Info???
My harvest last fall was 12 pounds.
Took me almost 2 weeks to do the entire job by hand by myself.
Your machine sounds like the answer to my prayers.
I’m hoping for 20 pounds this year.
Even doing a pound a day it’ll will be November by the time I finish, yeiks. Hehe
Thanks my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Here’s a link to their site for where I bought it from. They aren’t cheap but save you so much time. You will need to clean/sharpen the rotor blade after every 2-3 harvests, or the trim isn’t as clean. It will jam the leather mover paddles if you do too much at one time. I do a handful or 2 and wait 1-2minutes to finish. Last year I had a BlackBerry Moonrocks plant that ended up with close to 2700g wet in just buds after their trim. I did the entire plant by myself from outside breakdown, trim buds off limb, trim most fan leaves off the limbs, machine trimmed and bud washed in about 5hrs for that one. Still this was also a solo job and I just take a toke, put on some tunes and work. Last year I had 7 plants outside and was probably close to 30lbs wet in just buds alone. Only do one plant at a time and my freeze dryer can do 1000g, so some of the buds will sometimes wait in a paper bag in my freezer for a few weeks for its turn again.

so what do yall thnk 300 on a high end hand crank or 300 on a low end electric?
Quality is always better in the long run.
But the electric one looks great.

Stay safe
Bill284😎

Who uses them who hates them?

I think im ready to bite bullet. I hate spending weeks in trim jail. Jeff bezos has a few for like 2-300 USD do you need to spend like 4-6 for a good one ?

can you help me choose a good one or talk me out of it ?
I dream of using something that used to be called the grasshopper aardvark, today it is called The Wander Trimmer, and it is vacuum powered, you just vacuum them 😂. I have not personally had the privilege myself our friend Jorge Cervantes told me about it in the medical marijuana grow bible, of anyone is looking for a manual on growing great cannabis that is my personal recommendation, I wish I had a photo of mine right now, I have used it soo much it looks like my Mom's old paperback novels 😂 she always breaks the spine of her favorite books, I read not for an hour at a time sometimes, every time that I use the book I read something new and interesting. I hope that this helps friend, if you have some money to spend you will never have to dread harvest ever again, it's no joke 1999.00 something that I will only be buying once, it is too cool.
Hope that life treats you very good friend, have a blessed day, and please message me anytime, I am here for the feel good, I have got to spread that positivity :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom