Blue Planet Powered 18 Strain Hempy

<snip>
OK guys im having a lil trouble nothing major but here is some pics does anyone know what causes this first pic WW and 2nd pic is QRAZY TRAIN LOWER LEAF any ideas +rep for some help
ps im loving this PAPAYA it is dense as all get out and boy does it stink so good stay tuned in and :thanks: you to everyone newly subbed up vick and skyrocket :welcome:
IMG_20121031_012518.jpg
IMG_20121031_012628.jpg
Turn your leaf over and look for very thin, wispy webbing, and either white, black, or red spots inside the webbing.

For Spider Mites:
3 Full-Flavor cigarettes soak them over night in water (Keep the water and use it below, throw the cigs away.).
3 cloves of garlic
2 small cayenne peppers or any other small, hot pepper available to you.

Finely chop all ingredients.
Combine all in a medium saucepan with 5 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let completely cool to room temperature.
Strain first through a wire strainer, then through a coffee filter.
Add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap to the mixture.(FOR WASHING BY HAND, NOT MACHINE)
Pour into spray bottle and soak tops, undersides, soil, and anything around the plants.
Set in FULL SUN to dry.
Repeat as needed, up to 3 to 4 times a week.

Howdy Mrgivemethat.

ive seen your name cropping up in a few journals im into and just thought i would pop in and read up on your grow =)
might be a while till i post again tho. got 260 posts to catch up on and this is my 210th subscribed journal....and i read every word.

'i am going for a read....i may be some time' :rofl:
:thanks: for joining me GIGA glad to have you here dont be a stranger :)

Turn your leaf over and look for very thin, wispy webbing, and either white, black, or red spots inside the webbing.

For Spider Mites:
3 Full-Flavor cigarettes soak them over night in water (Keep the water and use it below, throw the cigs away.).
3 cloves of garlic
2 small cayenne peppers or any other small, hot pepper available to you.

Finely chop all ingredients.
Combine all in a medium saucepan with 5 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let completely cool to room temperature.
Strain first through a wire strainer, then through a coffee filter.
Add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap to the mixture.(FOR WASHING BY HAND, NOT MACHINE)
Pour into spray bottle and soak tops, undersides, soil, and anything around the plants.
Set in FULL SUN to dry.
Repeat as needed, up to 3 to 4 times a week.

oh no JANDRE Mites im gonna cry not everything is doing this just the widows is this something that would only affect one strain? i was thinking a nute problem was causing this but you would know better than me but ill look uder the leaves and let you know what i find and in the sun is a problem for me i cant get and sun and its 30 outside right now but thanks J :peace:

At first it is only a few leaves... You need to get them then, before they spread further. If that is mites, I mean. But that's what it looks like to me.

Granted it could be a pH problem, but it's best to look for mites right now, and rule out the easiest to spot first, as they're the hardest of the two to fix if not caught right now...

Okay, a few thoughts in the event it's not mites...

If you don't find any mites, you might have a calcium deficiency. Are you confident in your PH? What are you using for water - RO filtered, tap, distilled, etc.? I've been lucky enough to avoid mites, but based on pics I've seen Jandre's suggestion seems like a good one. I have seen calcium deficiencies that look like the top picture quite a bit.

If no mites, consider doing a flush of your medium to be safe (if you haven't or haven't been). If using RO water and no Cal/Mag, perhaps add cal/mag to your regimen.

My preference for mid-grow flushes is to give them a feeding of 1/4 strength (or so) nutrients. "Like" molecules bond to "like" molecules, so believe it or not a 1/4 strength feeding actually is more effective at removing salt build-ups in the medium than straight water is. I like to pour through 2-3 times the pot size of 1/4 strength nutrient water when I do these flushes. These "diluted flushes" are pretty easy on the plants, too and not as shocking to them. In my experience, they usually look really happy to have their pipes cleaned, so to speak. Then, make sure you have sufficient calcium in your nutrients or water, or consider adding the cal/mag.

Make sure that you have an accurate PH meter, too. It could be PH reasons that are causing the deficiencies, and sometimes PH problems can cause leaves to look a little like these too. I like my PH in hydro to stay between 5.5 - 6.2. It's good to vary it also, so that maybe one feeding they are getting 5.5 and another 5.8 and another 6.0, for example. In active hydro systems you can let it drift from 5.5 to 6.2 and then adjust back down - so it's working through that range. PH meters need to be frequently calibrated and can get very off in short periods of time. I calibrate mine at least once a week (my new one seems to need even more frequent calibrations).

Are you measuring your PPMs? If so, do you check your run-off when you water? If the run-off is coming out considerably higher than the PPM's you are putting in, you may have salts built up in the medium - warranting a diluted feeding flush.

This is all assuming it's not spider mites, which it may be. A sponsor here has a product that is supposed to be pretty good for mites: Sierra Natural Sciences SNS-217. Also, Hot Shot "No Pests" strips are supposed to be effective mite deterrents and can be hung in the room near the plants. Supposed to be safe for humans to be around up to 3 hours per day, but read up on it to make sure you are comfortable with the vapor they emit.

Really hope you get it figured out and that it's not mites!

:goodluck:

At first it is only a few leaves... You need to get them then, before they spread further. If that is mites, I mean. But that's what it looks like to me.

Granted it could be a pH problem, but it's best to look for mites right now, and rule out the easiest to spot first, as they're the hardest of the two to fix if not caught right now...

Ok JANDRE i looked and no webbing on the underside but a coulpe weeks ago my ph meter broke and i was guessing on ph for about 3 weeks and just last week i got my new one and did realize i was running really high on ph like a 6.7 or betyer maybe the widow doesnt like high ph and shows signs of this harshly and the QT was slower at showing signs , also i didnt think it was mites as i dont use soil and dont use clones and havent introduced anything into my grow that would have carried mites and im in the city so no mites wooooooo :thumb: :thanks: JANDRE +REPS :adore:
Ps thanks for the mite recipe it will be blogged

Ok JANDRE i looked and no webbing on the underside but a coulpe weeks ago my ph meter broke and i was guessing on ph for about 3 weeks and just last week i got my new one and did realize i was running really high on ph like a 6.7 or betyer maybe the widow doesnt like high ph and shows signs of this harshly and the QT was slower at showing signs , also i didnt think it was mites as i dont use soil and dont use clones and havent introduced anything into my grow that would have carried mites and im in the city so no mites wooooooo :thumb: :thanks: JANDRE +REPS :adore:
Ps thanks for the mite recipe it will be blogged

hehehe, they can be brought in on your pants, in your hair, or just crawl in... Mites don't need soil, they need a mobile host. You're not immune to mites, no one is... I run a STERILE hydro system, indoor, and I got them a few weeks back. As weather cools down outside, they are drawn to the warmth and will seek out food from there. No one is immune to mites.

6.7 is WAY high for hydro. That's almost soil pH. Yeah, like X said, make sure you keep your pH in check.

Since you did not see mites, we move to pH, and since you have that under control, now, I need to ask if you are using straight RO water. If so, are you adding Cal/Mag?

Okay, a few thoughts in the event it's not mites...

If you don't find any mites, you might have a calcium deficiency. Are you confident in your PH? What are you using for water - RO filtered, tap, distilled, etc.? I've been lucky enough to avoid mites, but based on pics I've seen Jandre's suggestion seems like a good one. I have seen calcium deficiencies that look like the top picture quite a bit.

If no mites, consider doing a flush of your medium to be safe (if you haven't or haven't been). If using RO water and no Cal/Mag, perhaps add cal/mag to your regimen.

My preference for mid-grow flushes is to give them a feeding of 1/4 strength (or so) nutrients. "Like" molecules bond to "like" molecules, so believe it or not a 1/4 strength feeding actually is more effective at removing salt build-ups in the medium than straight water is. I like to pour through 2-3 times the pot size of 1/4 strength nutrient water when I do these flushes. These "diluted flushes" are pretty easy on the plants, too and not as shocking to them. In my experience, they usually look really happy to have their pipes cleaned, so to speak. Then, make sure you have sufficient calcium in your nutrients or water, or consider adding the cal/mag.

Make sure that you have an accurate PH meter, too. It could be PH reasons that are causing the deficiencies, and sometimes PH problems can cause leaves to look a little like these too. I like my PH in hydro to stay between 5.5 - 6.2. It's good to vary it also, so that maybe one feeding they are getting 5.5 and another 5.8 and another 6.0, for example. In active hydro systems you can let it drift from 5.5 to 6.2 and then adjust back down - so it's working through that range. PH meters need to be frequently calibrated and can get very off in short periods of time. I calibrate mine at least once a week (my new one seems to need even more frequent calibrations).

Are you measuring your PPMs? If so, do you check your run-off when you water? If the run-off is coming out considerably higher than the PPM's you are putting in, you may have salts built up in the medium - warranting a diluted feeding flush.

This is all assuming it's not spider mites, which it may be. A sponsor here has a product that is supposed to be pretty good for mites: Sierra Natural Sciences SNS-217. Also, Hot Shot "No Pests" strips are supposed to be effective mite deterrents and can be hung in the room near the plants. Supposed to be safe for humans to be around up to 3 hours per day, but read up on it to make sure you are comfortable with the vapor they emit.

Really hope you get it figured out and that it's not mites!

:goodluck:
WOW XLR GREAT INFO :thumb:
first off i use tap my ph of it is 7.4 and ppm is 340 and at flush i do flush with 1/4 strength nutes and my regular feedings runoff at least 25% i was thinking epsom salt, and i do check my run off and its usually high on ppm on the exit side goes in 1200 with the 340 tap and comes out 1500.,ph problems were exactly that problems but are now fixed as i told JANDRE but thanks to the both of you

WOW XLR GREAT INFO :thumb:
first off i use tap my ph of it is 7.4 and ppm is 340 and at flush i do flush with 1/4 strength nutes and my regular feedings runoff at least 25% i was thinking epsom salt, and i do check my run off and its usually high on ppm on the exit side goes in 1200 with the 340 tap and comes out 1500.,ph problems were exactly that problems but are now fixed as i told JANDRE but thanks to the both of you

PH issues definitely add-up. I'm glad you got it figured out! :)

what do you guys think of the high ppm of my tap should i get a ro system? i find my self burning alot (lmao) at only 800 ppm at week 7 flowering and im wondering will the "hot" water do this if so whats a good inexpensive not cheap one i can use uder sink for just my grow? Thanks guys

what do you guys think of the high ppm of my tap should i get a ro system? i find my self burning alot (lmao) at only 800 ppm at week 7 flowering and im wondering will the "hot" water do this if so whats a good inexpensive not cheap one i can use uder sink for just my grow? Thanks guys

Are you aging your tap water? Chlorine will do that to cannabis.

Mal-Wart has a 5Gal "drinking water" refill system. It's like 3 bucks for 5 Gal jug to refill.

Are you aging your tap water? Chlorine will do that to cannabis.

Mal-Wart has a 5Gal "drinking water" refill system. It's like 3 bucks for 5 Gal jug to refill.
Yea J i age it no stone though but i let it set out under the cabinet for at least 18hrs is that enough? il go look into the jug does any big box stores carry ro systems? thanks J & X

Ummm.... outside of my SaveMart there is also a big jug refill. that one has a UV light to sterilize as it fills... 3 bucks, too, I think. I dunno... my tap water is 40PPM so I don't usually look that hard. Homey D might have a portable system... also check shmAM-shmAZON. They have some pretty good portable hook-in RO systems.

I have the "Hydrologic Stealth 100", and I love it. Not super fast, but i have a float valve in my clean water reservoir(s) so that i can set it up and it will stop filling once it reaches a set-level. The system was couple hundred $$ if I remember correctly, but it's small, easy to set up and remove, and my filters have held up really well in it (haven't had to replace in over year of regular use). Go0gle it, or check shmamazon etc. i got mine at local hydro store. I love the control it gives me over nutes and I always know what the plants are getting in their diet. 400ppm is pretty hard water, so it may be worth considering.

I'm sure there are many good brands but thought I'd share the very positive experience I've had with the Stealth100.

My preference for mid-grow flushes is to give them a feeding of 1/4 strength (or so) nutrients. "Like" molecules bond to "like" molecules, so believe it or not a 1/4 strength feeding actually is more effective at removing salt build-ups in the medium than straight water is. I like to pour through 2-3 times the pot size of 1/4 strength nutrient water when I do these flushes. These "diluted flushes" are pretty easy on the plants, too and not as shocking to them. In my experience, they usually look really happy to have their pipes cleaned, so to speak.

GREAT idea X..
I'm gunna try this with soil.

GREAT idea X..
I'm gunna try this with soil.

Wish I could take credit for it - but I've seen this recommended by nutrient companies like Dutch Master nutrients, as well as Cervantes if I remember correctly (others as well). I realized that when I've tried to use flushing additives mid-grow, this is when I've had problems. I have a theory that the flushing stuff "persists" in the system I use after I use it and can cause nutrient deficiencies. However, I've never had a single problem with flushing using a 1/4 - 1/3 strength nutrient solution and it's worked just as well (for me so far anyway) at flushing out excess nutrient salts. Win win win, as you also don't have to buy another product like "Clearex" or "Florakleen" etc. for use mid-grow.

However, I do use a flushing product at the very end still to speed up the process a little (allows me to flush within just a couple of days). Currently, I'm using "Florakleen" for that. I've also used "Clearex" and "Sledgehammer" from Fox Farms. I do NOT recommend Sledgehammer at least with active hydro - smelled strong, was pretty thick and sludgy, foamed up like crazy and it didn't seem to work as well - however I do think it's organic and probably decent/good with soil or drain to waste coco coir perhaps.

Mid grow... diluted feed/flush is definitely the way to go in my opinion. :)

Wish I could take credit for it - but I've seen this recommended by nutrient companies like Dutch Master nutrients, as well as Cervantes if I remember correctly (others as well). I realized that when I've tried to use flushing additives mid-grow, this is when I've had problems. I have a theory that the flushing stuff "persists" in the system I use after I use it and can cause nutrient deficiencies. However, I've never had a single problem with flushing using a 1/4 - 1/3 strength nutrient solution and it's worked just as well (for me so far anyway) at flushing out excess nutrient salts. Win win win, as you also don't have to buy another product like "Clearex" or "Florakleen" etc. for use mid-grow.

However, I do use a flushing product at the very end still to speed up the process a little (allows me to flush within just a couple of days). Currently, I'm using "Florakleen" for that. I've also used "Clearex" and "Sledgehammer" from Fox Farms. I do NOT recommend Sledgehammer at least with active hydro - smelled strong, was pretty thick and sludgy, foamed up like crazy and it didn't seem to work as well - however I do think it's organic and probably decent/good with soil or drain to waste coco coir perhaps.

Mid grow... diluted feed/flush is definitely the way to go in my opinion. :)

Great advice X,
After reading your post, I fed my girls and it just happened to be water day, so I mixed 1/4 strength nutrients with 15ml/molasses per gallon. I'll continue to use this in my feed, feed, water weekly schedule.
:thanks: X!!
+rep if its lets me..

Ok everyone I have 7 days until harvest on my latest SOG set then ill be starting a new journal i will take some wet pics wet weight then dry weight and finally a smoke report, i will then start a BPN vs GENERAL HYDROPONICS grow off with dwc hempies and 8 each rwgular hempies i want to give them a week of veg and then ill be really busy so im on my way to get more perlite and some chunky vermiculite and,ill plant and start my new journal in veg with a week till 12/12 flip so shall i get to planting? heres the plan,
2 THE CHURCH-DWC HEPMIES ON BPN
2 QRAZY TRAIN-DWC HEMPIES ON GH
2 THE CHURCH-DWC HEMPIES ON GH
2 QRAZY TRAIN-DWC HEMPIES ON BPN
3 THE CHURCH-REG. HEMPIES ON BPN FULL STRENGTH
3 THE CHURCH-REG HEMPIES ON BPN 75%
4 QRAZY TRAIN-REG HEMPIES ON BPN FULL
4 QT- REG HEMPIES IN BPN 75% IN MY BIG BAD BPN,GH GROWOFF
the first entry in my new grow should be tonight ill keep updating this grow until its finished and then on to new heights :peace:

Stoked for the "BPN and GH GROWOFF!!GROWOFF!!
GROWOFF!!

I'm using GH for my second grow, and have been really interested in BPN.
talked to Cory a bit about getting set up. I have enough nutes to run it's course in my current grow.
But if your BPN's blow away your GH's. I'm sold.
Been waiting for a growoff involving GH! wiw!
:headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom