Bad seeds

Don't think it's fair to say one company's seeds are all bad, many growers including me have had great success with RQS
You may have had a hard time with a a few recently, but we all experience that occasionally with any seeds/bank

If you've had a bad experience, please just contact them

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Ironworker1955

When you have seeds that germinate how do your like to grow them?
Have you tried to communicate with RQS?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

Well first, :welcome: to the forum @Ironworker1955 :passitleft:

I had to many bad seeds from royal queen seeds . A lot never sprouted ! I’ve been growing 40 years now . GK
I've only been growing for 16 years now, and I must say, it's a rarity that I have a bean that won't pop, even from RQS :hmmmm: I do keep mine in a moisture free, cool, and dark place, grab a moisture pack from a pill bottle and throw it in there with them, or some of our sponsors even sell moisture packs:thumb:

What do you do with the seeds that don’t sprout?

I’m a guy who generally gets 9/10 to sprout …then occasionally a batch that just WONT.

The soil that I had them (not) sprouting in goes outside. I find that if all the seeds that don’t sprout for me, about 50% of them sprout later anyway. Anywhere from 10 days to a month later. Had 6 no shows but 3 of them popped weeks later.

This tells me a few things:
Either the shells are too hard on the seeds (which is actually not a bad thing, genetically) that can all be remedied with scuffing.
Or..I had a temp/water issue I wasn’t aware of. Either too cold/hot or over/under watered.

For every person that publicly says a breeders beans don’t sprout, there are thousands without that complaint.

You should just ask them, they’ll probably replace them and ask what your technique was.

I just ordered 4 seeds and got one free and only 2 sprouted. One of the two that sprouted isn't looking very good. The seeds were light colored so it makes me think they just push out everything instead of only the quality seeds that come in.

Been using Sin City Seeds commercially and for personal use .
Big fan of the blueberry tarts Zkiddles and the Bolo tart Zkiddles

Back
Top Bottom