Thanks Y'all, everything you've shared through your grows has encouraged and improved mine. 🙏🏻

No tears, this grow ain't over. 😉

We've still gotta wait for:
a. get tired of looking at plant B.
b. take plant down = more amber.
c. spider mites start taking over.

Plus a Smoke report.

Am I missing anything? any questions?

This is my first comparison grow, Thanks Seedsman. Thank you 420 Magazine.
For the mission!! 💎 Much Love !
Whoop whoop!!

Final Update.

Seedsman
'Banana Jealousy' Comparison Grow

By JiggiLotus
20240826_154204.jpg
Strain: Banana Jealousy

Genetic makeup: Three-way hybrid;
Banana Cream x Jealousy x Gelato 41

* 3 gallon fabric pots in the living room w aluminum saucer pans to catch the runoff.
* Baby Box: Large Walmart box lined with aluminum foil, 1 to 3 miracle grow bulbs (purple) topless.
* Frankenstein Box: perpetually growing for the variant needs throughout every new grow experience.

No tent or special equipment was used for this grow. Just a butt ton of cardboard, some silver stuff that I'm not sure was relevant other than a great place for stickers and art. A recycled clothes rack found in the attic, which made for a great light stand. Some twine, duct tape, and an old wooden handrail that made for a stabilizing bar atop the metal rack.
17254019282577192026152741610118.jpg

5 out of 5 seeds germinated,
sewn directly in soil. 5 plants harvested.

Stage: Harvest ➡️ Drying ➡️ Curing

*Total weight (wet): 632 grams.
*Total weight (dry): 621 grams.
20240826_153630.jpg

(There's a few ounces missing from this photo 🤫🎁😘)

Drying: plants are hung in the basement, where the humidity is between 45% to 62% depending on outdoor weather.

Trimming: I do tend to leave sugar leaves on the buds, I feel it helps keep them from over drying, keeps it sticky and moist.

Curing: I found I prefer the cardboard box for the loose buds and larfy stuff. Whereas the big buds and stuff that matters the most, Terploc Bags for the win. Glass jars for second place. Burping each jar once a day (when I remember) for a good 30 minutes or so.

Only true pests were the Gnat Overlords; which were battled religiously using various methods. @Sierra Natural Science 209/203 (omni). Sticky traps from Amazon, and Eliminator from The Amazing Dr. Zymes. All worked well, all with different benefits per product (always read labels).
Environment: Continental; Central Illinois.

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Soil and Happy Frog Potting Soil, mixed 50/50.
These are my top soil choices.
:as well as they make for good reused soil.

Lights: @Mars Hydro tsw2000 300w
@VIVOSUN vs1000e 100w x 2
KingLED 1000w

Lights are always kept about 14 to 20 inches above the canopy, the dial not ever exceeding over 80%.

DLI: Seedlings - 12 to 20
Vegging - 30 to 45
Flowering - 45 to 30

I would love to have another Mars Hydro for future grows. Vivosun is amazingly bright and I have had great outcomes with both brands.
They make a superb collaboration.
KingLED is great for seedlings and vegging, or as an extra added light source during flower.
Nutrients: During this grow I started with Dr.JimZ. Using their 1-2-3 grow tabs, tomato secret, and chicken soup for the soil, and bloom kaboom. All were easy to use, the plants did great with this fertilizer.
Mid way through the grow I switched over to Reefertilizer Grow and Bloom nutrients. Fox Farm flower boosters were periodically added to the nutrients throughout the flower period.
Not often, just as an occasional booster snack. Mostly Beastie Blooms, Open Sesame and Cha-Ching (small doses).

All 3 fertilizer systems had great results as long as the feeding schedule was maintained correctly.
I will continue to use Reefertilizer Grow and Bloom for all my grows. It was the easiest fertilizer I've ever used.

My attempt to grow them using the different training methods taught me that it's not as easy as it looks. Most of the tie down training was a bust. Except, now I know what to expect the next time training a plant.

This has been the funnest hands on learning experience ever!

One day my weed will be as potent as Willie Nelson's stash..and strong enough to bring a tear to Snoop Dogg's eye. 🌈🪷

"We are all the pages."

17254022935612641444983732367320.jpg

Final Update.

Seedsman

By JiggiLotus
20240826_154204.jpg

* 3 gallon fabric pots in the living room w aluminum saucer pans to catch the runoff.
* Baby Box: Large Walmart box lined with aluminum foil, 1 to 3 miracle grow bulbs (purple) topless.
* Frankenstein Box: perpetually growing for the variant needs throughout every new grow experience.

No tent or special equipment was used for this grow. Just a butt ton of cardboard, some silver stuff that I'm not sure was relevant other than a great place for stickers and art. A recycled clothes rack found in the attic, which made for a great light stand. Some twine, duct tape, and an old wooden handrail that made for a stabilizing bar atop the metal rack.

20240826_153630.jpg

Drying: plants are hung in the basement, where the humidity is between 45% to 62% depending on outdoor weather.

Trimming: I do tend to leave sugar leaves on the buds, I feel it helps keep them from over drying, keeps it sticky and moist.

Curing: I found I prefer the cardboard box for the loose buds and larfy stuff. Whereas the big buds and stuff that matters the most, Terploc Bags for the win. Glass jars for second place. Burping each jar once a day (when I remember) for a good 30 minutes or so.

Only true pests were the Gnat Overlords; which were battled religiously using various methods. @Sierra Natural Science 209/203 (omni). Sticky traps from Amazon, and Eliminator from The Amazing Dr. Zymes. All worked well, all with different benefits per product (always read labels).

KingLED 1000w

Lights are always kept about 14 to 20 inches above the canopy, the dial not ever exceeding over 80%.

Vegging - 30 to 45
Flowering - 45 to 30

I would love to have another Mars Hydro for future grows. Vivosun is amazingly bright and I have had great outcomes with both brands.
KingLED is great for seedlings and vegging, or as an extra added light source during flower.
Nutrients: During this grow I started with Dr.JimZ. Using their 1-2-3 grow tabs, tomato secret, and chicken soup for the soil, and bloom kaboom. All were easy to use, the plants did great with this fertilizer.
Mid way through the grow I switched over to Reefertilizer Grow and Bloom nutrients. Fox Farm flower boosters were periodically added to the nutrients throughout the flower period.
Not often, just as an occasional booster snack. Mostly Beastie Blooms, Open Sesame and Cha-Ching (small doses).

All 3 fertilizer systems had great results as long as the feeding schedule was maintained correctly.
I will continue to use Reefertilizer Grow and Bloom for all my grows. It was the easiest fertilizer I've ever used.

My attempt to grow them using the different training methods taught me that it's not as easy as it looks. Most of the tie down training was a bust. Except, now I know what to expect the next time training a plant.

One day my weed will be as potent as Willie Nelson's stash..and strong enough to bring a tear to Snoop Dogg's eye. 🌈🪷

"We are all the pages."

WOW!

Your Summary is Amazing! ❤️

Final Update.

Seedsman

By JiggiLotus
20240826_154204.jpg

20240826_153630.jpg

KingLED 1000w

Vegging - 30 to 45
Flowering - 45 to 30

"We are all the pages."

Serious 🔥🔥🔥 ya got there Jiggi!

:bravo:

Heya Jiggs!! Damn fine harvest girl!! Killed it. I'd smoke a fat doob of that top shelf herb any day!! Happy Wednesday!!! 😎✌️🎶

Anyone else have a seed in their weed? Check it out..dunno which BINGO girl produced it. Just a single random bean.
17258961017726007244797262633811.jpg
looks mature, nice markings.
Not once did I see any nanners or sacks on any of the BJ's. Only thing I can muster up is the pollen came from the hermi Malawi x Northern lights that was outside (?)..🤔

:lot-o-toke:

To plant it or not to plant it...that is the question...
:passitleft:

Anyone else have a seed in their weed? Check it out..dunno which BINGO girl produced it. Just a single random bean.
17258961017726007244797262633811.jpg
looks mature, nice markings.
Not once did I see any nanners or sacks on any of the BJ's. Only thing I can muster up is the pollen came from the hermi Malawi x Northern lights that was outside (?)..🤔

:lot-o-toke:

To plant it or not to plant it...that is the question...
:passitleft:
Hey babe 🥰

Plant.

💯

Back
Top Bottom