Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Looks like at least 1 nute deficiency and maybe some burning . How close are your lights? I just woke up so my Eyes are still adjusting and blurry but it looks like the lockout is iron. Iron is a immobile element if not accompanied by a dose of phosphorous will cause other nutrients to lockout. You can spray it on the leaves(foliar spray) Iron is absorbed best in soil at a pH level of 4.0-6.5 but I wouldnt go anywhere under 6.0 It is caused in your case possibly by overwatering or ph troubles. I will be back later to take another look when Ive been awake and had my coffee but this is my preliminary observation. Come to my journal later and remind me and I will be back.

Could you post a picture in white light Away? It might help us zero in on the issue.

Thank you guys for such fast response, i appreciate it! :thumb:
It's darkcycle at the moment, so taking pictures now is not something i think i'll do..
Tommorow though, i'll have some regular-light pictures for you, to help better determine whats wrong.. I suspect its something with my ph, so i've bought lime juice.. :) havent given them anything yet though. we'll see tommorow :Namaste:

Pinky check out Icemud12's grow's, he's also using mars II. Great stuff man :thumb:

Hi Away. :ciao:

Its hard to tell in the purple glow of the LED's, but If the plants haven't been fed yet and the leaves are yellowing the plant is hungry and is drawing nutrients from the fan leaves to keep itself alive. When you get the nutes this week feed that girl and she will bounce right back with lots of new growth I'm sure.;)

Heres those pictures you asked for guys..

IMG_139313.JPG

IMG_139413.JPG

IMG_139514.JPG

IMG_139616.JPG

IMG_139716.JPG

Hi Away. :ciao:

Its hard to tell in the purple glow of the LED's, but If the plants haven't been fed yet and the leaves are yellowing the plant is hungry and is drawing nutrients from the fan leaves to keep itself alive. When you get the nutes this week feed that girl and she will bounce right back with lots of new growth I'm sure.;)

Thanks man, chronic told me this too, so i'm hoping that is the case!
Keeps me a little at ease for now at least :thumb::Namaste:
Try cal mag for the plants
Happy Skunkday Away :thumb:

i'll have to get my hands on some of that! :thumb:
Thanks man you too! (if you're still there?) Also happy bongday! (monday) if you're there yet ^^ :rofl:

I don't know if calcium and magnesium comes from sugars I know clearex is sugars
if its not cal mag which is my first guess then it would be molybdenum
Happy Munchday Away

I'll try to get a couple experts over here to take a look. Judge John for one will be taking a look soon.

I think CaMag is mainly sugars, so if you happen to have any maple syrup, that should work. Please correct me if I wrong 402 friends.

Thanks for the tip on Icemud12, I am headed over now. :420:
Thanks man, interresting if this will work! ;)
Np on icemud mate :thumb:
I don't know if calcium and magnesium comes from sugars I know clearex is sugars
if its not cal mag which is my first guess then it would be molybdenum
Happy Munchday Away
What is clearex buddy?
Happy muchday! :thumb:
I'll try to get a couple experts over here to take a look. Judge John for one will be taking a look soon.
Thank you!
Hopefully they can help me out :high-five:

Heheh, I think I know what's causing that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's one of those nonos you hear about that is almost never the case. I think this time it is. You have a mylar inner lining, which will flow and bulge and focus light on particular spots. You should swap that for white or a bumpy mirror material.

It looks like LED burn, and on that top fan it looks like it's on the middle of the leaf where it was curved at one point. Your light is high enough, so it isn't likely to be too close, so ...

I'm guessing your mylar is focussing = bad.

[Edit] It might be ok to get some spray adhesive and glue it to the wall, if the wall is flat.

Thanxx Gray.

Yea I have heard mylar can have some ill effect's in some situation's.:thumb:
Unless I missed it,tho.We don't really know what the ph is.So I would start there.I think lack of nute's also is playing a role.
I think a good transplant and a good ph reading would be where to start.Fresh.lol
I am having some issue's also,so I am no expert,but that's what I am going to do.Transplant in to bigger pot's with some good soil and see how it goes.lol.

Heheh, I think I know what's causing that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's one of those nonos you hear about that is almost never the case. I think this time it is. You have a mylar inner lining, which will flow and bulge and focus light on particular spots. You should swap that for white or a bumpy mirror material.

It looks like LED burn, and on that top fan it looks like it's on the middle of the leaf where it was curved at one point. Your light is high enough, so it isn't likely to be too close, so ...

I'm guessing your mylar is focussing = bad.

[Edit] It might be ok to get some spray adhesive and glue it to the wall, if the wall is flat.

Ahh i didnt consider that at all, but when you say it, it doesnt sound too unlogic at all!
I'm taking off the mylar right away :thumb:
but yeah it might be because of the lacking nutes as well, or partly. We'll see. I've ordered the nutes already :high-five:

Does the Mars II have two settings, one for veg, and one for flower?
:Namaste:

It's got no switches Pinky, its full power from the moment you plug it in ;)

Yea I have heard mylar can have some ill effect's in some situation's.:thumb:
Unless I missed it,tho.We don't really know what the ph is.So I would start there.I think lack of nute's also is playing a role.
I think a good transplant and a good ph reading would be where to start.Fresh.lol
I am having some issue's also,so I am no expert,but that's what I am going to do.Transplant in to bigger pot's with some good soil and see how it goes.lol.

I think you're right on the lack of nutes.. She's thirsty, i feel it. But the mylar idea is very interresting, so as stated above: i'm removing it asap!
Ph is still a problem for me, but i have a small idea of my water ph using my liquid kit.. It's somewhere between 6-7 i think.
Best of luck on your transplant mate! Hope it works out for you ;)

Anyway the plan now is just to:
1 - get the mylar off!
2 - transplant her into a bigger pot

Thank you all very much for your respones :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom