Aku's Soil Trifoliate! Bag Seed Journal 2014 Pics

Trich's still mostly clear and pistils still mostly white. I think I am going to let her go long as I would prefer a high CBD lower THC toke I believe. The little guys I took off the lower part have shrunk up to next to nothin. If they both fill a 1 hit bat I'll be surprised. After seeing that, there isnt going to be much that comes off this plant. Literally maybe a joint or 2... I do have a pic or 2 to post...

WIN_20140926_231711.JPG
WIN_20140926_231633.JPG

Looking back seems since 8/19, so I'm beginning week 7ish in flower. Was still giving her nutes till last watering. Here on out will be water and molasses only I'm thinking for a really decent flush. Still not really trying to "maximize" on this grow, just get the process right.

Well Dunc- If I cared more about this plant, it would be tragic. I've had to re-pot her again. I am fairly certain this was my fault but let me run this by you. I have been (surely to the detriment of the plant) experimenting with the upper limits of nutrients. I have been feeding FF Tiger Bloom at every watering for the last 4 waterings (2-3 times a week). I topped her off (which I know is bad) but I was experimenting remember, last night, yes more nutes. Oh man, I popped open the pc case tonight and it was very very strange what I found. I am sorry I do not have a pic, I was trying to fix it too fast to stop and take a photo.
So, 1 node up from bottom (past the 1st bud) I had one leaf COMPLETELY shrivelled up and dead. I had two other very arbitrary leaves showing signs of being burnt, one half way up and the other almost at the top of the plant. Others looked over watered but not burnt. Doesnt that seem strange, I mean wouldn't they all show it starting at the bottom and working up the plant? My second thought was a hotspot as I recently put a CFL back in there but as I type this it has to be the nutes. SO, I re-potted her and charged the soil with Ph'd water. Why would it burn in such a strange manner? Any ideas? I wouldn't blame this plant if it just keeled over and died the things I've done/tried with this plant. Now I know, this is why I did these things. I know all plants will react differently but I have a vague general idea now of where the upper limits are. Even forgot (I just re-read) my last post about nothing but water from here on out, HA. Well, the flush is on. Nothing but water from here on out.

It will be interesting to see if she survives. I figured while she was so fucked up I might as well get a good look at her roots. Before she hit the new soil I shook her roots around in the water jug that I have on permanent bubbling and washed off as much of the old soil as I could. So she was naked there for a minute and dangling in well oxygenated water. Certainly that wouldn't kill her, huh?

Wow. She is a rock man. She lives. The only sign anything went wrong is the smallest of burn sign at the tips of a few of the leaves. I pulled the dead leaves before re-potting. She actually looks really well. I almost want to say it seems like there is more trichs around bud sites. Man what a weird plant! The abuse they can take is amazing. Again, I failed to get a picture but I will soon. I am going out of town til Thurs. so I had to drench the pot (this one actually doesn't drain as I was searching frantically for something to put her in). Hopefully I do not return to a shriveled mess. I will check her one last time before leaving in the morning around 8.
Ya know, I dunno if I ever mentioned but this little girl has a really good smell. I am hoping by letting her go long that I will not experience the anxiety I did when I smoked the bag she came in. I will smoke those two baby buds when Iget back as they are even too small to keep for posterity. We'll see if shes got anything to her.
BTW, I'm in StL dunc- I think I read you were a few hours North of here?

Looks like you went full blown try everything at once method! Well you got some bud so good job man. Since you got water bubble and you washed your roots why not just make a go at hydro as its already shocked to shit. You can push the nutrients way harder in water and back off much easier and faster. tuperware flat pan +black tape or tar paper wrapped in mylar or foil, add the bubbles your all set. Just a thought. Your a lot farther along than I am. I'm starting to wonder if i'll see buds or make it to budding stage.

Man, I'm not sure how even all that works, plus the nutes that have to be added just right and the Ph blahblah blah. Nah, I'll stick with soil or soiless for the time being. Not that i'm not interested, I just haven't researched the process enough yet. Besides I'm too busy torturing this poor plant! Ha. Thanks for the input though, I'll check out your grow when I get some time.

So you got about what 3-4 weeks left? I had a roommate who pulled are plants up while I was at work because he heard that you should wash and replant them during bud it helps make them bigger LOL. He killed them it was awesome. On top of that he sprinkled Miracle grow on each bud basically destroying any usable smoke. Last but not the least of this guys stupid was then him and his friends smoked that poison MG bud! I would say never yank your plants out of the soil ever again if they lived they are permanently fuked for the bud cycle. If you need new soil just keep washing the soil off slowly keep flooding the pot until you can at least get a muddy removal and add as much new dirt as you can. Yanking up roots from the soil is crazy sauce. I did pull and transplant a 26 day old hydro plant losing most of its roots in the net pot its still trying to recover at 38 days. Anyway you got buds!! Hope it smoke good.

So I'm super-confused as to what my little photo girl here is up to. Every time I open the pc another leaf is shriveled up and dead yet there is newish looking growth beneath the budsites. Between the main stalk and the flowers is growing new healthy green foliage and flowers in some cases. I have taken photos. She still has a way to go as far as harvesting. Regardless, I am so curious as to what the hell she's doing. Anyone?
WIN_20141003_003008.JPG
WIN_20141003_003048_3_.JPG

I had a roommate who pulled are plants up while I was at work because he heard that you should wash and replant them during bud it helps make them bigger LOL. He killed them it was awesome. On top of that he sprinkled Miracle grow on each bud basically destroying any usable smoke. Last but not the least of this guys stupid was then him and his friends smoked that poison MG bud! I would say never yank your plants out of the soil ever again if they lived they are permanently fuked for the bud cycle.
No offense but your roommate sounds like a real dipshit. I think you misunderstood what is happening here man. I didn't "yank" my plant up. Anyway, your words read harsh man. As you can see, she is living quite well, even thriving given the circumstances. Yes, I have a few more weeks with her, I only expect marginal growth as I have begun the flush. I am def. shooting for quality over quantity with this plant.
Just came to me, as she has been nothing but an experiment, in the last days of her life, I will name her. Xp-1. Reflects the cold hard relationship I've had with her as well as all the fucking around I've done to her. If there was an ugliest POM, there should be, I win the inaugural vote, at least, I would.

Ya sorry my harsh words were directed at my stupid roommate from the past. Like I said before you got buds and that's awesome!

Much thanks man. She aint pretty but she was an awful lot of fun to experiment on. She took it all in stride and came out just fine. Right now I am just continuing to water with PH'd water and 12hrs on 12hrs off under the COB LED & a CFL. A few more weeks and it'll be time to harvest. Will have been awhile since planting. Auto's are an incredible invention. Until I get a reasonable grow space, I think autos are going to be the thing to grow. After I harvest Xp-1 here, I am going to try to reverse a Himilayan Blue Diesel and get a batch of autofem seeds. Of course that'll be another journal. This one is just about done.
Although, after a good look trichs are still mostly clear. Have to get my head around a few more weeks to another month of Xp-1 here. Photo's are tortuous after seeing how quickly Auto's grow!

After realizing how much longer she has to go, I decided to mix up another feeding. I went with a light dose of both Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. Probably give her some more next watering considering she has 3+ more weeks to go. DID I MENTION I RE-POTTED HER AGAIN?!? After the last emergency situation, I had to put her in something that did not drain. She was thusly staying wet from one watering. I had to get her into something that would eventually drain or she was gonna get root rot before the ultimate end. What does that make 5 or 7 times I've transplanted her? I dunno, but I'm no longer worried about it, this plant is a fucking tank man. She can take a shit ton of abuse and come out flowers, literally.

Back
Top Bottom