A question to any Gorilla grow tent owners

drazz

Hi I'm just about to start growing (excited) and i have nice size room just with limited height (roughly 5ft)

While looking for grow tents i found it hard to find short sizes apart from the shorty range by gorilla, just the thing is there 4,1 and have an extension which I'm guessing is static range and fully adjustable putting them to 5,8 which is too high.

I was wondering if the connectors would allow for me to basically just saw off 8inchs so it would fit perfectly in the room? anyone could confirm this would be very very helpful :Namaste:

Hi I'm just about to start growing (excited) and i have nice size room just with limited height (roughly 5ft)

While looking for grow tents i found it hard to find short sizes apart from the shorty range by gorilla, just the thing is there 4,1 and have an extension which I'm guessing is static range and fully adjustable putting them to 5,8 which is too high.

I was wondering if the connectors would allow for me to basically just saw off 8inchs so it would fit perfectly in the room? anyone could confirm this would be very very helpful :Namaste:

Not sure that I understand your question, even though I own a Gorilla tent. I certainly wouldn't want to cut on my poles. Once you get a light in there, 5' is going to be very limiting, even without a tent in the room. Additionally, the tent poles are all designed to fit into each other, with a locking system to make sure that everything fits together and stays there. I suppose you could re-engineer 4 of the poles to make the tent shorter, but then the canvas part isn't going to fit correctly. I don't think your plan is doable.

Sorry for that bad news, but where there is a will there is a way. What would it take to seal up the room and turn it into a usable grow area, without a tent?

Not sure that I understand your question, even though I own a Gorilla tent. I certainly wouldn't want to cut on my poles. Once you get a light in there, 5' is going to be very limiting, even without a tent in the room. Additionally, the tent poles are all designed to fit into each other, with a locking system to make sure that everything fits together and stays there. I suppose you could re-engineer 4 of the poles to make the tent shorter, but then the canvas part isn't going to fit correctly. I don't think your plan is doable.

Thanks for the reply! I just meant cutting the extension poles down so they sized at 8inches less to fit the room

Sorry for that bad news, but where there is a will there is a way. What would it take to seal up the room and turn it into a usable grow area, without a tent?

This was my initial plan. sealing up the room is pretty much done its a very weird space i wasn't even shown when viewing the house it was just there when i moved in lol its appox 11.5' by 14.5 by 5' without any windows and one half size door. Ive done some research found a suitable plastic door to fit over and then it I guess mylar onto some wood panels for the 4x4 shape (fit the light) and some form of supports to keep fans and carbon filter in place.

if there's any guides which i can draw ideas from which spring to mind would be appreciate I'm still in the planning stages and just thinking of many different ways to set stuff up

Emilya, Ive noticed your pretty smart and very helpful!! Ive had the luxury of having a legal yard grow the last few years. A friend just gave me some indoor equip. and looks like Im going inside in a 5'x9' gorilla grow tent. I was given six 600w ballasts. two med. hoods and one small one. and four T11's. Im thinking make the closests a clone/ mother area eventually. Any advice would be great!!

Emilya, Ive noticed your pretty smart and very helpful!! Ive had the luxury of having a legal yard grow the last few years. A friend just gave me some indoor equip. and looks like Im going inside in a 5'x9' gorilla grow tent. I was given six 600w ballasts. two med. hoods and one small one. and four T11's. Im thinking make the closests a clone/ mother area eventually. Any advice would be great!!
Hi 4D... thanks, and it sounds like you are very lucky! 6 600w ballasts!! I would be in heaven. And then hoods too! You must be living right!

I love multi-source lighting in flower. I think it more than doubles the effects of the lights since it eliminates shadows. I would definitely use several of those ballasts in flower. You might also want to look at what I did to put a second light socket into my big Raptor hood... but that is probably too much heat for a medium sized hood, especially if it isn't air cooled. In veg I would be in a quandary though... I have an extra hood and ballast I could use in there... but I get better growth and efficiency with the special T5 bulbs that I use. Not sure I would be real excited about the t11's, but they and any other extra stuff you get along the way make great hand me downs to new and needy growers. I have gotten rid of all of my 4" fans and filters that way. Keep thinking about that pile of goodies, and I am sure it will occur to you what the very best use of the equipment is... you only have so much space, and the karmic impact of passing un-needed equipment forward is priceless.

Hi 4D... thanks, and it sounds like you are very lucky! 6 600w ballasts!! I would be in heaven. And then hoods too! You must be living right!

I love multi-source lighting in flower. I think it more than doubles the effects of the lights since it eliminates shadows. I would definitely use several of those ballasts in flower. You might also want to look at what I did to put a second light socket into my big Raptor hood... but that is probably too much heat for a medium sized hood, especially if it isn't air cooled. In veg I would be in a quandary though... I have an extra hood and ballast I could use in there... but I get better growth and efficiency with the special T5 bulbs that I use. Not sure I would be real excited about the t11's, but they and any other extra stuff you get along the way make great hand me downs to new and needy growers. I have gotten rid of all of my 4" fans and filters that way. Keep thinking about that pile of goodies, and I am sure it will occur to you what the very best use of the equipment is... you only have so much space, and the karmic impact of passing un-needed equipment forward is priceless.

I was actually given four (med/lg.?) hoods w/glass, one smaller hood, two T5's and 4 T11's. My friend needs the $ so I sold two hoods and the T5's to a grow shop for $110. and gave the cash to him. At first the (grow shop) told me $240-$250 from my phone pic and when I brought them in gave me $110. (no love!) I dident need all that and I have no room for storage. Im thinking I should of kept the T5's. I plan to run an exhaust and was thinking 4' fan is good with two MH in a 5'x9' tent?
I bought a PH meter and my tap water is 8.0 and I plan to adjust it to 6.0-6.5 and both PH the water feed and nute feed to specs. Will this make a big difference? They are already beautiful! Happy Sunday Emilya!

I was actually given four (med/lg.?) hoods w/glass, one smaller hood, two T5's and 4 T11's. My friend needs the $ so I sold two hoods and the T5's to a grow shop for $110. and gave the cash to him. At first the (grow shop) told me $240-$250 from my phone pic and when I brought them in gave me $110. (no love!) I dident need all that and I have no room for storage. Im thinking I should of kept the T5's. I plan to run an exhaust and was thinking 4' fan is good with two MH in a 5'x9' tent?
I bought a PH meter and my tap water is 8.0 and I plan to adjust it to 6.0-6.5 and both PH the water feed and nute feed to specs. Will this make a big difference? They are already beautiful! Happy Sunday Emilya!

nice! Yep, i would have kept the t5's just because of agromax pur par bulbs. I love these in veg. As far as exhaust, i am a big fan of it. :) seriously, I exchange the air in my tents about 3x a minute. I have big 6" 420 cfm fan dedicated to pushing air through my hood to keep the two bulbs cool. I have another 420 cfm pushing air from my veg tent into the flower tent where there is a large can filter, with a big 497 cfm vortex fan pushing clean air out of the tent and out of the window. Big fans and big airflow are just as important as big lights... don't neglect them.

Ph is very important if you are using synthetic nutrients. Plan to adjust it to 6.5 every time... not 6.0-6.5. It will make a huge difference.

nice! Yep, i would have kept the t5's just because of agromax pur par bulbs. I love these in veg. As far as exhaust, i am a big fan of it. :) seriously, I exchange the air in my tents about 3x a minute. I have big 6" 420 cfm fan dedicated to pushing air through my hood to keep the two bulbs cool. I have another 420 cfm pushing air from my veg tent into the flower tent where there is a large can filter, with a big 497 cfm vortex fan pushing clean air out of the tent and out of the window. Big fans and big airflow are just as important as big lights... don't neglect them.

Ph is very important if you are using synthetic nutrients. Plan to adjust it to 6.5 every time... not 6.0-6.5. It will make a huge difference.
Because I can convert the closests to a cloning station later on Im going with the 5'x9' tent.
Ive never PHd before but it seems easy enough. I have the fluid to lower.
Grow shop said 1/4 cap full at a time, stir, then check?? Correct??
Will PH today, Im feeding. Im going to get 4 new H.Depot buckets today for watering. Im so used to watering strait from the hose. I must incorporate this new step.
Is it good to let water set (buckets/reservoir) a few days to evaporate the chlorine and fluoride?
I think Ive read yes? But the grow shop said "huh". Either way, Ive got to bucket it to PH it.
Emilya, Im naturally good at this and watch what happens when I try. Thanks to people like you and this site Im going to turn this into quite a hobby. Peace.

Because I can convert the closests to a cloning station later on Im going with the 5'x9' tent.
Will PH today, Im feeding. Im going to get 4 new H.Depot buckets today for watering. Im so used to watering strait from the hose. I must incorporate this new step.
Is it good to let water set (buckets/reservoir) a few days to evaporate the chlorine and fluoride?
I think Ive read yes? But the grow shop said "huh". Either way, Ive got to bucket it to PH it.
Emilya, Im naturally good at this and watch what happens when I try. Thanks to people like you and this site Im going to turn this into quite a hobby. Peace.
I am glad you are having fun with it... that is what it is all about. :)

The chlorine myth used to be true... before most municipalities got tired of their chlorine evaporating away all the time, and switched to the very stable chloramine, that does not evaporate or boil away. To get rid of chloramine, you have to filter... hence the popularity of RO units. The fluoride seems to be a non issue for plants... hate the stuff myself... i drink no city water.
pH... try the cap full... see how much it changes. You will figure it out. Every water is different, and when you add nutes, every one of them will pull the pH down differently... with careful notes, you can develop a standard that will work for you, so that you will know to add x amount to that 5 gal bucket, and y amount when you have added nutes.

Im using all FF nutes this yard grow this year. I was told FF is half organic and half synthetics. With all the different fertilizers the grow shop has I figured Id go with FF for simplicity. As my expertize expands that might change. Thanks!!

Im using all FF nutes this yard grow this year. I was told FF is half organic and half synthetics. With all the different fertilizers the grow shop has I figured Id go with FF for simplicity. As my expertize expands that might change. Thanks!!

I like Fox Farm... I have grown some good pot with it and it is very consistent in its results. To be accurate though, only ONE of their products is organic, the Big Bloom. I have even used Big Bloom in my organic compost teas! Everything else they make in their nutrient lines is about as synthetic as it can get. There is nothing wrong with this... it just means that you have to be careful with pH. Did you get the trio plus the 3 solubles? You really need all 6 products to fully implement their growing system without troubles.

I like Fox Farm... I have grown some good pot with it and it is very consistent in its results. To be accurate though, only ONE of their products is organic, the Big Bloom. I have even used Big Bloom in my organic compost teas! Everything else they make in their nutrient lines is about as synthetic as it can get. There is nothing wrong with this... it just means that you have to be careful with pH. Did you get the trio plus the 3 solubles? You really need all 6 products to fully implement their growing system without troubles.
Yes Emilya this is the first year Im using all their fluid and powder and using as instructed by their indoor calender, I adjusted for outdoor. The few years past I cut corners for $$ reasons but not no more. Im trying to be all I can be!! Before I figured Grow big for veg and tiger bloom for flower, and beasties, not knowing Its not correct. The grow shop said many make this mistake. Also now I mix the nutes with some water in bucket instead of pouring all nutes in then the water. I read dont mix nutes without water.
I PHd first time yesterday, tap water is 8.0 and then with nutes brought it down to 6.5 without any help, nice!!! Should I adjust for water feed? Im gonna. It is a very easy process. Thanks for your thoughts Emilya! And please be patient if i repeat myself sometimes. My yard grow is beautiful!!! Not sure if youve seen pics but these are a few weeks back and more pics to follow. Enjoy your week!!
20160614_170120.jpg
20160603_071851.jpg
20160615_071854_1_.jpg

You are right, your garden is amazing! And yes, 6.5 on anything in a container... water or water/nutes.
Hello Emilya! although my computer skills suck and my computer takes for ever to surf I Saw your grow room pics. Nice!!! LED's I see. I saw a filter and duct in the tent , is that your intake? At first I thought it was your outtake but I saw the pic with the duct and filter on the chair for your outtake?
It will take me a few weeks to prep the room but soon I will take a pic of the equip. I have and I hope you will tell me what else I need. Hope your day is good!!!

Hello Emilya! although my computer skills suck and my computer takes for ever to surf I Saw your grow room pics. Nice!!! LED's I see. I saw a filter and duct in the tent , is that your intake? At first I thought it was your outtake but I saw the pic with the duct and filter on the chair for your outtake?
It will take me a few weeks to prep the room but soon I will take a pic of the equip. I have and I hope you will tell me what else I need. Hope your day is good!!!
lol... you have me confused! Especially with the bit about the duct and filter on a chair...

in my veg tent I am running agromax pur par t5 bulbs, not LED. I know it looks like purple LED, but that is why they work so well! :) The airflow in there is passive intake from the tent flaps, and a 420 cfm fan pushing air over to the flower tent via a 6" pipe.

In flower, what you probably saw was the ducting coming in from the floor for the AC hood. I have a 420 cfm pulling air from the outside room and through the hood, and then out of the tent high up on the other side, back into the room. There is no need to filter this air, it is all outside room air. Then at roof level in the flower tent, I have a bigger fan on top of a big can-filter, but I don't think I have posted any pictures of this. This separate system provides the negative air pressure for all 3 tents that can be connected via 6" ducting, and my little love tent can be disconnected from this system if I am working with pollen in there. This big separate filter/fan combo ducts out of the tent and into a special DIY window vent that I built that looks like it is attached to the window air conditioner unit in that window. If I am doing a big project in the veg tent and need additional airflow and filtering, I have yet another big vortex fan and can-filter that I can put in there, and then can use a Y junction to jet that out the window, or can add the prefiltered push of air over to the flower tent. Either way works, I just have to balance the flows.

lol... you have me confused! Especially with the bit about the duct and filter on a chair...

in my veg tent I am running agromax pur par t5 bulbs, not LED. I know it looks like purple LED, but that is why they work so well! :) The airflow in there is passive intake from the tent flaps, and a 420 cfm fan pushing air over to the flower tent via a 6" pipe.

In flower, what you probably saw was the ducting coming in from the floor for the AC hood. I have a 420 cfm pulling air from the outside room and through the hood, and then out of the tent high up on the other side, back into the room. There is no need to filter this air, it is all outside room air. Then at roof level in the flower tent, I have a bigger fan on top of a big can-filter, but I don't think I have posted any pictures of this. This separate system provides the negative air pressure for all 3 tents that can be connected via 6" ducting, and my little love tent can be disconnected from this system if I am working with pollen in there. This big separate filter/fan combo ducts out of the tent and into a special DIY window vent that I built that looks like it is attached to the window air conditioner unit in that window. If I am doing a big project in the veg tent and need additional airflow and filtering, I have yet another big vortex fan and can-filter that I can put in there, and then can use a Y junction to jet that out the window, or can add the prefiltered push of air over to the flower tent. Either way works, I just have to balance the flows.
Thanks for all that!!! Sorry for the confusion. Please be patient. Maybe you can direct me to where theres pics/info about equip. needed and tent set up? This is what I have so far.....
The tent has an intake duct that draws from the room into the HPS's and out into a duct with a fan and filter IN the tent with a duct running out into the attic of the room. With outtake duct ran to gable vent in attic or better its own roof jack??
I thought you cant both intake and outtake from the room you're in because you wont have fresh air, the are recirculates? Thanks!!

Thanks for all that!!! Sorry for the confusion. Please be patient. Maybe you can direct me to where theres pics/info about equip. needed and tent set up? This is what I have so far.....
The tent has an intake duct that draws from the room into the HPS's and out into a duct with a fan and filter IN the tent with a duct running out into the attic of the room. With outtake duct ran to gable vent in attic or better its own roof jack??
I thought you cant both intake and outtake from the room you're in because you wont have fresh air, the are recirculates? Thanks!!

not sure that I know of a place that clearly shows what all we need. I had someone gift me a lot of this equipment and it took me a while to figure out how to most efficiently use it. Regarding the attic, I see no need for a separate vent when you have a perfectly good gable vent. Only you can see what you are dealing with though.
As far as using the same air in the room... again it is all about negative airflow. I am pumping so much air out of that window that the entire room is a negative flow area, and if I open the door to that room, there is a breeze from other parts of the house. Along with that, the window airconditioner is set to come on if the temp gets above 76 in there, and most of that cool fresh air is pointed toward the hood intake.

- I May Be A Wee Bit Late Here, HOWEVER, I Just Wanted to share Some Of My Growing Experience with You as well.
- I've myself just Upgraded from a 2x2 Cabinet to a 3x3 Fusion Hut. These Tents are MUCH CHEAPER Than the Gorilla Tent-
- & Just as Durable too. I'm NOT SAYING the Gorilla Tent Isn't Worth the Cost as I've a couple of Friends whom Have Them.
- All I'm saying is, "The Fusion Hut Is A Great Quality 1680D Mylar and Industrial Zippers as well. They are Very Reasonably Priced.-
- I'm Picking Up My 4x4 Tonight. Yeaaahhh!!! for $230.00 Canadian. taxes included It's an Excellent Price for a 4x4 Fusion Hut!
- I Figure I Can Fit 6 - 6 Gallon Pots I've already Purchased for a song. lol. I'm a real shopper for Deals Me! I have Learned that -
- My Soil Is THE MOST IMPORTANT Part Of MY GROW! FOXFARM POTTING SOIL IS LITERALLY MADE FOR GROWING MARIJUANA!
- Unfortunately, It's NOT SOLD IN CANADA ANYWHERE! I've spoken to the OWNER Of FOXFARM & I'm Going to Have To Get Me A-
-Trainload Of It To Sell Here. For The Time Being However, I'm Making My OWN POTTING SOIL w/ the Same Ingredients. -
- Not A Cheap Or Easy Task By ANY Means! I'm Pulling it off though. & My Plants are Reacting to It Marvelously So. I'll attach a couple of - - pics of the FoxFarm Soil Bag I Received when I Purchased My Cabinet from California 4 yrs ago. Store Unavailable
- This Is How I Discovered this AMAZING SOIL. I Knew NOTHING @ ALL ABOUT GROWING ANYTHING Never Mind Marijuana!
- This SOIL Basically kept the 4 White Widows I Grew In Said Cabinet Right Through to Harvest. I KNEW THEN & THERE How truly-
- Amazing & MANDATORY It Would Be For Me To GROW EXCELLENT Grades Of Marijuana! It's turned out to Be a Fact!-
- I'll Never again use Basic Soil To Grow Even Tomatoes In. I'm NOT QUITE A MASTER GROWER I'm Trying My ARSE OFF -
- To Become One Someday. I Just have to put in the work & Time It Takes to do so. There's NOTHING LIKE FEELING YOUR SOIL- - COME TO LIFE IN YOUR BARE HANDS When Mixing It! I Just wanted To Share this in hopes It May help You in Your Garden.

Sincerely: Don. :Namaste: :Namaste:
IMG_45408.JPG
IMG_45085.JPG
IMG_44817.JPG
IMG_448612.JPG
IMG_44537.JPG
IMG_445411.JPG
IMG_44529.JPG
IMG_44165.JPG
IMG_44069.JPG
IMG_44472.JPG
IMG_43878.JPG
IMG_436510.JPG
IMG_44014.JPG
IMG_165334.JPG
IMG_080037.JPG
IMG_006482.JPG
IMG_0064_1_5.JPG
IMG_007070.JPG
IMG_0071_1_3.JPG
IMG_044440.JPG
IMG_047039.JPG
IMG_045034.JPG
IMG_047243.JPG
IMG_047039.JPG
IMG_046938.JPG
IMG_049434.JPG
IMG_049139.JPG
IMG_048243.JPG
IMG_048440.JPG

:Namaste: :Namaste:

Sorry for typing your ear off in my last reply to your post here. I'm sure you've probably already gotten it all sorted out & working properly.
- I just figured that The Fusion Hut & The Gorilla Tent R Very Similar & I thought I'd show You some pics of My Fan & Filter set up-
- It's also a 6" set up too. The Fusion Hut Fan & Filter set up DOES FIT IN The Gorilla Tent as I've seen it In Working Order.
- U Can't EVEN HEAR it @ ALL Literally! Here's some pics Oh & Their Very Reasonably Priced www.CanadaGrowlights.com -
- They Have EVERYTHING U NEED & Some! Here's the Pics.
IMG_4343_1_.JPG
IMG_4350_1_.JPG
IMG_4360_1_.JPG
IMG_4357_1_.JPG
IMG_44163.JPG
IMG_43266.JPG
IMG_430512.JPG
IMG_4371_1_.JPG
IMG_41458.JPG
IMG_41628.JPG
IMG_43955.JPG
IMG_43608.JPG
IMG_44164.JPG
IMG_44208.JPG
IMG_44348.JPG
IMG_44354.JPG
IMG_44368.JPG
IMG_44117.JPG

:Namaste: :Namaste:

SINCERELY: Don.

Don, Whats Broken Coast and Lift???
I like Ocean Forest too!! I might start mixing it 2/3-1/3 with reg. potting soil. I like the fact you dont need to feed for a month. I dident scrimp as much with this years outdoor grow and using more O.Forest and I see the difference! Im sold. Nice nugs!!

Back
Top Bottom