6 Bagseeds: A Journey Worth Our Time?

I am hoping the best for you all lades.

I remember the Paraquat scare from back then. Some of the 70's and 80's are a bit fuzzy for some strange reason:lot-o-toke:
Ah yes the old parquet scare that slowed us down for about a week back in the 70s then it was right back to smoking, we were crazy back then!

Damn. Must be nice to live in a country with a real nationwide insurance plan that doesn't suck like America's. I'm in the U.S., I'm 55 years old, and I'm still trying to get my 77 year old parents vaccinated. Not to get political in a grow journal. Glad you got the shot man.
That sucks man I'm sad to hear that. I hope you and yours are healthy

That sucks man I'm sad to hear that. I hope you and yours are healthy
It's all good man. We're healthy. A little rootbound since the only place I ever go is the damn dispensary so I can get my overly dried, little smell left, machine trimmed garbage for 40-50/eighth. Lmao!

Hey GDB - What did you do to train that plant? It looks like more than anything you kinda let it do it's thing and mostly defoliated. Is that what they can do without any major training? Do you have a journal on this plant?
Good eye, Jon!

I did very little to this one. I did a few bends here and there to open her up. Other than that, I just cleaned up the bottom, sat back and watched. I remember saying at the time that she was a true "auto."

Her story is here: GDB's Auto Array

I think she started to really show out around July-Aug.

Good eye, Jon!

I did very little to this one. I did a few bends here and there to open her up. Other than that, I just cleaned up the bottom, sat back and watched. I remember saying at the time that she was a true "auto."

Her story is here: GDB's Auto Array

I think she started to really show out around July-Aug.
Thanks man! That is the approach I figured I would take in the auto tent which begins shortly. I have five plants in three gallon pots in my 5x5. I figure that gives them each the space to do their thing and still have plenty of space to play without choking one another. Can't tell the girth of that fellah you grew but it appears that I could fit five like that in my tent, yes? Does this sound like a logical approach? I've never grown autos so I wanna kind of see what they do with minimal training, although I will tie down branches and I think I am going to train the center stem from the beginning to go in a spiral around the pot and do my best to create a "canopy" of sorts out of each plant before they start budding. I figure I have around a month to play with them or so. Also wondering, do autos stretch in the same way as photoperiod plants? I appreciate your experience, man, and thanks for the help.

Thanks man! That is the approach I figured I would take in the auto tent which begins shortly. I have five plants in three gallon pots in my 5x5. I figure that gives them each the space to do their thing and still have plenty of space to play without choking one another. Can't tell the girth of that fellah you grew but it appears that I could fit five like that in my tent, yes? Does this sound like a logical approach? I've never grown autos so I wanna kind of see what they do with minimal training, although I will tie down branches and I think I am going to train the center stem from the beginning to go in a spiral around the pot and do my best to create a "canopy" of sorts out of each plant before they start budding. I figure I have around a month to play with them or so. Also wondering, do autos stretch in the same way as photoperiod plants? I appreciate your experience, man, and thanks for the help.
Yes, Jon, 5 of those would have easily fit in a 5x5.

How much "stretch" you get depends on the strain. Of course, you don't have much control of that with autos. They are going to grow as tall as they "want" to and then flower.

Most autos stay fairly short, but some can get kind of tall. It's always good to check the breeders description of max. grow height and try to plan accordingly.

I failed to do that once and grew a Chocolate Skunk auto that grew to nearly 4 feet tall. It caught me totally unprepared and near the end she was falling all over herself.

Here's a pic (note how she is towering over her auto tent mates of roughly the same age).
P1020958.JPG

How much "stretch" you get depends on the strain. Of course, you don't have much control of that with autos. They are going to grow as tall as they "want" to and then flower.

Most autos stay fairly short, but some can get kind of tall. It's always good to check the breeders description of max. grow height and try to plan accordingly.

I failed to do that once and grew a Chocolate Skunk auto that grew to nearly 4 feet tall. It caught me totally unprepared and near the end she was falling all over herself.

Here's a pic (note how she is towering over her auto tent mates of roughly the same age).
P1020958.JPG
Wow thats awesome. :thumb:

P1020958.JPG
Yep, that's exactly my only concern. However, I have done the research you suggested, and the strains I'm growing all finish in the same time frame and in theory all grow to around the same height. Cinderella Jack, Gorilla Zkittlez, and Pineapple Express are the auto strains. Supposedly they all get to about 3 1/2 feet and all finish in around 10 weeks from seed, the GZ being potentially earlier by a week. But from what I've seen it appears that will be close enough to harvest all five plants at one time, which is a necessity for me unfortunately. I have nowhere to dry the plants except in the tent they grew in due to odors offending others with whom I live. I did that my first grow and it worked spectacularly - I just pulled the netting up to around five feet, taped it in place at the corners, and hung my buds from the trellis to dry, which gave me plenty of room to have rotating air underneath that wasn't blowing directly on the buds. I just kept it dark of course but ran the AC, the intake fan, and the filter/exhaust fan during the dry. That kept it nice and cool and kept the humidity as low as I am capable of making it, as well as the all important masking the odor. Heh. The numbers for the dry on that first grow were around 62 degrees and 38% humidity, which worked very well. A 5000 btu window AC unit can crush a 5x5 if you let it fly on high cool. I did that for the last two weeks or so of budding, at a slightly higher temperature, but let it go as low as I could at night to try and draw the girl's colors out, which also worked pretty well. Couldn't get to 58 degrees, but 62 was pretty close. Lmao.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like I'm perhaps on a decent track. We'll see, it's part of the journal. Just waiting a bit to make sure I have the photoperiod grow under control and well on it's way, since it's a new tent that is a foot taller and more importantly has the new light I am still figuring out. I'm chomping at the bit to start the autos and I can anytime but I'm trying to teach myself the necessary art of patience. Ha. Easier said than done. But yeah, gracias, and the pics tell the story really well.

Yep, that's exactly my only concern. However, I have done the research you suggested, and the strains I'm growing all finish in the same time frame and in theory all grow to around the same height. Cinderella Jack, Gorilla Zkittlez, and Pineapple Express are the auto strains. Supposedly they all get to about 3 1/2 feet and all finish in around 10 weeks from seed, the GZ being potentially earlier by a week. But from what I've seen it appears that will be close enough to harvest all five plants at one time, which is a necessity for me unfortunately. I have nowhere to dry the plants except in the tent they grew in due to odors offending others with whom I live. I did that my first grow and it worked spectacularly - I just pulled the netting up to around five feet, taped it in place at the corners, and hung my buds from the trellis to dry, which gave me plenty of room to have rotating air underneath that wasn't blowing directly on the buds. I just kept it dark of course but ran the AC, the intake fan, and the filter/exhaust fan during the dry. That kept it nice and cool and kept the humidity as low as I am capable of making it, as well as the all important masking the odor. Heh. The numbers for the dry on that first grow were around 62 degrees and 38% humidity, which worked very well. A 5000 btu window AC unit can crush a 5x5 if you let it fly on high cool. I did that for the last two weeks or so of budding, at a slightly higher temperature, but let it go as low as I could at night to try and draw the girl's colors out, which also worked pretty well. Couldn't get to 58 degrees, but 62 was pretty close. Lmao.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like I'm perhaps on a decent track. We'll see, it's part of the journal. Just waiting a bit to make sure I have the photoperiod grow under control and well on it's way, since it's a new tent that is a foot taller and more importantly has the new light I am still figuring out. I'm chomping at the bit to start the autos and I can anytime but I'm trying to teach myself the necessary art of patience. Ha. Easier said than done. But yeah, gracias, and the pics tell the story really well.
I'll bet you knock the autos out of the park!

Happy growing, Jon. :Rasta:

Hello my good people
I have nothing to report
So here's a sample from each tent.
You'll know whichs which :)

20210220_203359~2.jpg
20210220_195234~2.jpg

I did flush for years following recommendations from others,not having experience. Then I started to read research into the topic. Sorry I'm unable to include articles for saurce confirmation. But it was scientific and well done.
Bottom line was the group of people that tested the buds couldn't tell difference in flavor or smoke. Also the size and quantity of the unflushed plants were slightly better, can't remember off hand volume but there was a difference.
Given the fact that nutrients in your buds are not removable regardless of how much clean water you wash their roots with I quit flushing.
I think the analogy was its like having dirty hair and washing your feet trying to clean your hair. To each his own, defol and flush. Not my thing but lots of people swear by it so that's great for them. If you look at my girls you can see big healthy plants with all their leaves and lots of nutrients right up until I turn the lights off for harvest. Happy growing friend.

I saw the same video, it was well done and I appreciated the double blind studies. I can't remember the name either but they were all very qualified researchers...

Hi!
Here are the two girls from tent 2.
Lengthy m#&@*&
5 gal pot fabric pots.
Such small buds compared to tent 1 at their stage. Idk..

20210221_110809.jpg
20210221_111208.jpg
20210221_111211.jpg
20210221_111224.jpg

And this is AFTER havey defo right? Still bushy and lengthy right? Please your thoughts even one sentence.
-------——————————-------

Most important lesson learned from this grow is that a 2x2x5 tent is for one plant only. Not 2, sure as hell not 3.
Second one is to lollipop. I dig the style of @Grand Daddy Black so I'll try that next cycle.
Only now I truly understand what @Enr0n tryed to explain to me early on (seems so long ago, although wasn't) So much learned.
As i already said, I studied so much before, really. Years of being highly focused on that draem instead of my career as a lawyer lol
Buttt. All the theory is very important but it can't replace the first hand experience I gained from this venture.
I'll bet my next grow will be more calm and I hope, overall better yeald. I have to make the best of my space.

Thank you for reading!!

Awesome bro !

It does doesn’t it :( I thought maybe a hermaphrodite almost positive first pic is a pistil ?

5A97370F-5032-44EA-9C32-0526BA38AC74.jpeg

1E24684D-9661-4724-ACBF-F04594D130C1.jpeg

Hello my good people
I have nothing to report
So here's a sample from each tent.
You'll know whichs which :)

20210220_203359~2.jpg
20210220_195234~2.jpg
So sweet , that's why we all working so hard

that juicy nuggets , ooo yeaaaa :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

you lucky
i got hermi on my first grow bad hermi

i was chasing those balls every day , they make me nuts , the weed was rubbish a bit good , but full of seed , so much seed , i grow one more , still hermie !!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
then i found a seed bank , BAD HERMI !!!! MAKES ME NUTS !!! IT'S NOT WORTH my time anymore , too much work from bad seeds , need the best genetics straight .

:passitleft:

Great job man. Great journal too. Real good photos. I really dig that you talk about how you're feeling through stages, like how it was scary at first and what you did and all that. Very cool. I can relate completely. I notice in your recent photos that the plants have a lot of space between the nodes. In a perfect world they'd be close and tight, right? From what I've learned so far, that is very likely a result of the plant stretching for more light. I wonder if it might be a good idea to move your light as close as you possibly can without burning the plants for the rest of the time? I try to keep the light as close as possible (ACAP, lol...) from day one. My first grow I had the same kind of stretching and the result was that the lower buds often did not ever come close to connecting to upper ones to make real buds and I got a lot of individual buds, and a lot of flarf cuz the lower buds didn't get the light they needed. Just my experience and maybe something to consider. I'd move my light ACAP and maybe even consider adding a light, like a supplemental red spectrum budding light or something. Can wait to see how your finished product turns out! They look sweet!
Plants that have a lot of space between the nodes can also just be the variety/growth pattern of the strain but as you say it also can be from fast growth or from too little light.

Hey guys hello

Few things,

A. Tent 2 - buds are smaller then tent 1 was that stage, orange hairs too.

My hunch tells me It can't be only the lights. Tho ferts are the same, even bigger pots in tent 2. 3gal vs 5gal pots.
Your thoughts? See pics sorry for blurp, they're healthy and no bugs.

20210219_125947.jpg
20210219_130002.jpg

B. Tent 1 Has 2 girls, if you don't follow closely now you know :)

B1. This is the big cola on the one on the left. Biggest yet for me.
Look at it, am I wrong to think it getting bigger and not yet ripening?
20210219_125426.jpg

B2. This is the most developed Cole on the girl on the right. (took me some samples :)
I need your opinion - I tried to get the real colors here - what do you think of it and how long do you think it might have. BTW if I Relie on the sample, that one should wight around 25 garms wet, how it should wight dry and ready?
20210219_125419.jpg

THANK YOU!

C. I took a short video inside tent one if you'd like to see.

Thank you and have a great weekend :love:
roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the wet weight is where you'll most likely weigh out on your dry bud

Might end up being the best smoke of your life, tho. Treasure isn't made from common things. It's made from the hard to get stuff.
tbh, the samples I took was a DAM good smoke.. I mean high. cemented me to the bad just right lol:ganjamon:

A sample

A fisheye lens pic of the main cola on the one I didn't top, taken an hour ago.
Looks like at least 2 weeks more right? if not 3

Both pics are real colors, no photoshop here

Back
Top Bottom