5 weeks flower photos

Jaspercat

420 Member
I'm thinking these look kind of small for 5 weeks of flowering? Any thoughts?
1000005314.jpg
1000005313.jpg
1000005312.jpg
1000005311.jpg
1000005310.jpg
1000005309.jpg

I'm thinking these look kind of small for 5 weeks of flowering? Any thoughts?
1000005314.jpg
1000005313.jpg
1000005312.jpg
1000005311.jpg
1000005310.jpg
1000005309.jpg
Beautiful garden. :thumb:
I love air pots.
Just curious are you feeding them?
They look a bit hungry :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The most common reason for delayed plants is math. When did you start counting? You flip the lights to 12/12 then watch the plant. Anywhere from few days to a few weeks latter you will see the first pair of pistols. When you get 2 pistols together in the the same node side that is when the timer starts. 5 weeks from 12/12 could be week 3 or 4 of flower. That's closer to where they look.

The second factor is bud growth is light. Looks like you have a decent light. General guide is wats per square foot. 20wats is bare min to really even flower. 25wats to get any decent harvest. 30wats for a good harvest and 35watas is optimum.

Better to be behind schedule and still putting on bulk than ahead of schedule ripening small buds.

The most common reason for delayed plants is math. When did you start counting? You flip the lights to 12/12 then watch the plant. Anywhere from few days to a few weeks latter you will see the first pair of pistols. When you get 2 pistols together in the the same node side that is when the timer starts. 5 weeks from 12/12 could be week 3 or 4 of flower. That's closer to where they look.

The second factor is bud growth is light. Looks like you have a decent light. General guide is wats per square foot. 20wats is bare min to really even flower. 25wats to get any decent harvest. 30wats for a good harvest and 35watas is optimum.

Better to be behind schedule and still putting on bulk than ahead of schedule ripening small buds.
Thanks what do you mean two pistils together on same side? The light is LED 600 samsung it's a good light I've never had delayed flowering before been at it for awhile

On the stem where the leaf sprouts out is one node. A leaf on the other side of the stem would be a second node right across from it. One pistol growing from a node is a sign of maturity that can happen in 18/6 indefinitely. If you move that plant to 12/12 a second pistol will grow right next to it, so two growing from the same point in a node. That is day 1 of flower.

This is day one of flower.
20220213_123744.jpg

Thanks what do you mean two pistils together on same side? The light is LED 600 samsung it's a good light I've never had delayed flowering before been at it for awhile
On the stem where the leaf sprouts out is one node. A leaf on the other side of the stem would be a second node right across from it. One pistol growing from a node is a sign of maturity that can happen in 18/6 indefinitely. If you move that plant to 12/12 a second pistol will grow right next to it, so two growing from the same point in a node. That is day 1 of flower.

This is day one of flower.
20220213_123744.jpg

Screenshot_20241023_003617_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20241023_003621_Photos.jpg

Hard to tell in the pics. I do see some pistols so the plant is mature. Maybe a pair in one of the nodes, maybe. I can not distinguish what is a pistol, leaf tip, or stipule.

Leaves look healthy and praying up to the light. The light green and purple could be the camera, the genetics, or low nitrogen and mag. I don't see any of the other signs of those deficiencies so don't think they are an issue.

Do you know the strain?

Hard to tell in the pics. I do see some pistols so the plant is mature. Maybe a pair in one of the nodes, maybe. I can not distinguish what is a pistol, leaf tip, or stipule.

Leaves look healthy and praying up to the light. The light green and purple could be the camera, the genetics, or low nitrogen and mag. I don't see any of the other signs of those deficiencies so don't think they are an issue.

Do you know the strain?
Northern lights. I was having issues with clawing after switching seemed to be a watering issue so I held back.

Northern lights can vary based on who cultivated it. It could be anywhere from 6 to 9 weeks in flower. The afghan to Thai ratio determines flower time. Seed banks almost always under estimate flower time. You could have a plant that will take 10 weeks to get as ripe as you want. As long as she is healthy, the buds are growing, without ripening, you just have to be patient. They do like warmer temps and higher nitrogen than average. I usually give a half strength dose of nitrogen at the flower mid point with long flowering strains.

Back
Top Bottom