420's Indoor Tent, TeddyTough, Grow Journal, 2018

C02 is heavier than air. It falls down over the plants n the plants absorb the Heavy Gas. Putting it on the floor...the gas will never reach the top or middle of the plant, just sayn.

Yeah but the force caused by air flow inside the tent is much stronger than gravitational forces. At least in my tent :goodjob:

Check the image below for a clearer understanding. Since these CO2 particles have a very low mass and since F=m*a, where a=g(9.764 m/s^2), we can assume that they can roam around the tent by following the main circulation. This is simply because the mass of the particles are very low and therefore the force downwards on the CO2 particles is very low.

Some CO2 freak people don't even use an intake or an exhaust fan. People are getting good results with several different methods and I agree that all should work at some point. I just think that my way makes more sense in theory. If you are not using any ventilation, then you should place the bag on top. No argument there.

You must have your intake fan at bottom and your exhaust fan on top. You are creating an air flow from bottom to top. You should place this Exhale bag in front of your intake fan. Another good idea is to place your clip fan on bottom. That will help cooling as well as supporting the main air flow. This is the most logical way to use that IMHO. Fan your CO2 upwards so that it penetrates all the way through the canopy.

Heat is the main concern when setting up a grow tent. We place the exhaust fan on top and intake fan on bottom to support the heat flow in the same direction. If you consider a system with no heat issues, then the ideal setup would be a strong exhaust fan and a carbon filter on bottom, an exhale bag, a clip fan and an intake fan on top. Much more efficient on filtering particles and sending them through the canopy.

You can trust me on this because I have my bachelors on physics. On the other hand, these are very simple concepts and don't require a very broad academic knowledge on physics, which I don't claim to own. You can figure this out by yourselves :thumb:

Circulation.jpg

For me mixing coco just complicates things, pure coco is benign so I know exactly what I'm giving the plant. If you run into issues you just mix up the correct feed and continue watering. Coco is super easy to correct problems if you react quickly.

For me mixing coco just complicates things, pure coco is benign so I know exactly what I'm giving the plant. If you run into issues you just mix up the correct feed and continue watering. Coco is super easy to correct problems if you react quickly.

Let me ask another thing that bugs me. As far as I can understand, coco is not as suitable as soil for the beneficial bacteria or fungi. What measures should be taken to encourage a healthy root grow in coco? I used to do nothing special for DWC. Just measured pH everyday and everything turned out perfect. Is it the same for coco? I used to feed heavy on DWC and the root mass was gigantic compared to soil. Plants were getting so big and producing very big colas. I miss that part of hydro :smokin:

Yeah but the force caused by air flow inside the tent is much stronger than gravitational forces. At least in my tent :goodjob:

Check the image below for a clearer understanding. Since these CO2 particles have a very low mass and since F=m*a, where a=g(9.764 m/s^2), we can assume that they can roam around the tent by following the main circulation. This is simply because the mass of the particles are very low and therefore the force downwards on the CO2 particles is very low.

Some CO2 freak people don't even use an intake or an exhaust fan. People are getting good results with several different methods and I agree that all should work at some point. I just think that my way makes more sense in theory. If you are not using any ventilation, then you should place the bag on top. No argument there.

You must have your intake fan at bottom and your exhaust fan on top. You are creating an air flow from bottom to top. You should place this Exhale bag in front of your intake fan. Another good idea is to place your clip fan on bottom. That will help cooling as well as supporting the main air flow. This is the most logical way to use that IMHO. Fan your CO2 upwards so that it penetrates all the way through the canopy.

Heat is the main concern when setting up a grow tent. We place the exhaust fan on top and intake fan on bottom to support the heat flow in the same direction. If you consider a system with no heat issues, then the ideal setup would be a strong exhaust fan and a carbon filter on bottom, an exhale bag, a clip fan and an intake fan on top. Much more efficient on filtering particles and sending them through the canopy.

You can trust me on this because I have my bachelors on physics. On the other hand, these are very simple concepts and don't require a very broad academic knowledge on physics, which I don't claim to own. You can figure this out by yourselves :thumb:

Circulation.jpg
Brotha Man, enjoy yourself! Dont fret. Dont get so caught up in the science. Its a Grow. Life, Accents, Love,patience and science all together...Balance is the key. Its not a competition. Were all learning✌ BTW u dont need circulation of air like that if your not bound by room space a2xb2xc2. My Room space is larger than yours. My RH, RT and air flow will be be different. I dont need an air vent for clean air...My room size is greater. I actually fight what you dont fight. I have air vents in my roof in the garage. My room stays cold right now. The C02 is helping me flower normal right now. Your in a tent. Very small space. Regardless, C02 only last so long before it evaporates brotha..Im an Engineer. C02 should be used as it falls from the roof unless you have tanks to fill concealed room. C02 only does so much. Grow without n see the difference.

@KosmicKonsiousness do you have any advise on soil mix! I have 10kg of Coco and About 10kg of Biobizz Allmix, would it be beneficial to mix the two, and at what ratio? For my next batch. Which I dropped about 30 min ago.[/QUOTE honestly brotha, simple is better. I dont understand "super soil" or mixing mediums??? I choose one medium n learn all I can from it n if I dont like it, I move on. Which has brought me from soil thru the sages n now its only Coco for Me! But that's me. Find your way, your own path thru growth, search your own way My Guy...everyone is different in this life of Growing Life! Make your own mistakes and learn. I grow Hydro with Led. More simple. Less stress without soil. Super soil??? Burnt Buds! Too much Nitrogen! Coco has a perfect PH naturally. Get ph pefect nutrients too make it easy on you. Dont make it hard. Enjoy yourself n make it simple n grow great Dank!!!

No fret at all bro don't get me wrong please :peace:

I was thinking about the perfect location for the Exhale bag lately and this is what I came up with. Conditions change for each grow but for indoor tents, I believe putting it in front of the intake fan would be the best choice. I will experiment on that when I get my second tent ready. We can only compare and see then :passitleft:

No fret at all bro don't get me wrong please :peace:

I was thinking about the perfect location for the Exhale bag lately and this is what I came up with. Conditions change for each grow but for indoor tents, I believe putting it in front of the intake fan would be the best choice. I will experiment on that when I get my second tent ready. We can only compare and see then :passitleft:
Im guna take ur advice brotha...neva had a tent. Stay on ur game! I can see how it would be different for you in a small space. Work your Magic!!!

There are a lot of knowledgeable ppl here to help. This has to be one of the best community’s in the world. Happy Growing everyone!

Well Giys after many months, teething problems and slow ingestion of education ( not to slow ) I jave finally reached the point of harvest. All their Trichomes have turned Amber and a few of the Pistiles have changed too. So chopped and hung, hoping for 2 weeks of less stress while they dry. I have posted pics in order enjoy. I can't wait to finally post some pics of dried cured bud.

20181111_004010.jpg
20181126_202656.jpg
20181111_003424.jpg
20181111_003505.jpg
20181111_003534.jpg
20181126_100239.jpg
20181126_202646.jpg

Attachments

• 20181106_123422.jpg
    20181106_123422.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20181111_003424.jpg
    20181111_003424.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 33
Well Giys after many months, teething problems and slow ingestion of education ( not to slow ) I jave finally reached the point of harvest. All their Trichomes have turned Amber and a few of the Pistiles have changed too. So chopped and hung, hoping for 2 weeks of less stress while they dry. I have posted pics in order enjoy. I can't wait to finally post some pics of dried cured bud.

20181111_004010.jpg
20181126_202656.jpg
20181111_003424.jpg
20181111_003505.jpg
20181111_003534.jpg
20181126_100239.jpg
20181126_202646.jpg
Very nice my friend, im Not far behind also with a couple of mine(Dwarf Low Flyer & Afghani Kush) good times. Happy Harvest! :D
:welldone:

How much do you think you'll get from them?
Well I'm not sure as tgis will be my first weight. I'm hoping x2 or x3 Ounces. But that's hoping :) I made many mistakes and have learnt alot from you guys so my next 3 should be alot better. I'm trying to find a thread on how to and when to LST without topping. I want these babies to have 10 main colas haha. Know of any threads that could teach me?
They are again Amazing Haze :)
15433329215549011370300482058941.jpg

Very nice my friend, im Not far behind also with a couple of mine(Dwarf Low Flyer & Afghani Kush) good times. Happy Harvest! :D
:welldone:
Thanks pal. I have 3 the 3rd is in that box :) the boxes plant is Girl Scout Cookies and the other two are Amazing Haze. This is my first so I'm excited.

Back
Top Bottom