420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: September 2024

Congratulations to all the winners

FYI
The staff made a change in the way the photos and the gallery are set up. As a result everyone's photos plus any photo that they used in a message to help another grower were suddenly copied over to the gallery. Result is that some rules about uploading photos created duplicates or some members have photos showing up in their gallery that are not actually their photos.

Most of the forums send attachments now straight to the attachment gallery, which also loads to the main gallery And your personal photo gallery
If you don’t want your attachment pictures to show up in your gallery, post them in the off-topic forum.

Please don’t post non-cannabis related pictures in your journals or I have to send them to the off topic gallery

I think it’s all right now to just post up as an attachment in the contests @Renee Roberts can tell us

Most of the forums send attachments now straight to the attachment gallery, which also loads to the main gallery And your personal photo gallery
If you don’t want your attachment pictures to show up in your gallery, post them in the off-topic forum.

Please don’t post non-cannabis related pictures in your journals or I have to send them to the off topic gallery

I think it’s all right now to just post up as an attachment in the contests @Renee Roberts can tell us
The way I see it, what happened was that for years the members were supposed to place the cannabis related photos or graphics to their gallery. Then the member could go to their gallery and grab the HTML code and use it to post the picture in any message that they felt was related to the photo.

If the member wanted to use that photo in 5 different messages there was just one instance of it on the system instead of 5 separate but identical attachments. Each of those attachments ends up using 5 times as much storage space on the server or hard-drive.

Then two things happened. One was the Photo of the Month contest which has the rule that a photo being entered has to be placed in the member's gallery first. This creates the code that can then be used to submit the photo as their entry into the contest.

The other thing was the decision to run a utility or app that would go through all the messages and grab any photo that any member posted including a "one time use attachment" and place the copy in that member's gallery. End result is that the rule that placing the photo in the gallery first no longer makes sense since it will be done for them if they submit the attachment first. But the rule is still in the first msg for each month's contest.

I now have photos in my gallery that I will never use again plus photos that I have no idea why they are there since I do not remember ever posting them.

Well done folks!
Congrats Bill
Thanks Roy :thanks:
Stumbled across those pics trying to empty my phone.
Took them months ago.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The way I see it, what happened was that for years the members were supposed to place the cannabis related photos or graphics to their gallery. Then the member could go to their gallery and grab the HTML code and use it to post the picture in any message that they felt was related to the photo.
You can do that with the attached photos that go to your gallery

If the member wanted to use that photo in 5 different messages there was just one instance of it on the system instead of 5 separate but identical attachments. Each of those attachments ends up using 5 times as much storage space on the server or hard-drive.
Once it’s posted instead of reposting the same attachment, Click embed gallery to bring up your photos , select the one you want to post & you won’t have duplicates

Then two things happened. One was the Photo of the Month contest which has the rule that a photo being entered has to be placed in the member's gallery first. This creates the code that can then be used to submit the photo as their entry into the contest.
This is the rule for all the contests but people were not doing it, one of the reasons why attachments now go straight to the main gallery

The other thing was the decision to run a utility or app that would go through all the messages and grab any photo that any member posted including a "one time use attachment" and place the copy in that member's gallery. End result is that the rule that placing the photo in the gallery first no longer makes sense since it will be done for them if they submit the attachment first. But the rule is still in the first msg for each month's contest.
I will be suggesting they change that rule

Important to name your photos so you can use the search later to find them
It’s easy if you only have a few pages but gets tougher when you got a hundred

Congratulations to
:adore: September's Photo of the Month Winners :adore:

1st Place - @Bill284

full

2nd Place - @Justin Goody

"Bounty of Queen G S1 Seeds"

full

3rd Place - @JiggiLotus

"Kalini Asia Kush"