Votes: 8 25.0%
  • GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine.

Nominate your favorite grow journal, by telling us why and how it outshines the rest.

Consider the following factors when suggesting nominations and voting:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should highlight/recommend products from our sponsors
Please send your nominations to @Renee Roberts via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight EST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST. At that time, the polls will open through midnight EST on the last day of the month.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Prize Package:
Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Grow Journal of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be eligible for nominations and/or voting.

2. Members cannot nominate themselves.

3. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

4. Staff members from this or any other cannabis platform, cannot participate in our contests.

5. This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress, that have been updated within the last 30 days.

6. Perpetual journals are not eligible to be nominated in this contest. We appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, however most of them are rich in off-topic conversations with years of subscribed followers. So when a post is made announcing a contest, there could be years worth of subscribers who are called to action. This does not make for a fair comparison with single grow journals created to highlight methods, sponsors & genetics, with only a few months of subscribers.

7. Campaigning for yourself or a friend, is considered cheating and will result in the entry being removed from the contest.

Campaigning includes:
  • Voting more than one time per person from multiple accounts.
  • Signature linking to the specific entry.
  • Emailing members offsite asking for their vote.
  • Sending members private messages asking for their vote.
  • Family and friends registering new accounts for voting purposes.
  • Mentioning the specific entry in any thread outside of the contest.
Second offenses will result in a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning.

Contests Are Legitimate: Voting may be anonymous, but we have endless ways of catching cheaters and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be exposed in the public thread.

In the past, we removed offending entries without announcement, to minimize embarrassment for the member. The cheaters would then claim innocence, which turned everyone against us. This led to members questioning our motives and causing extra work for our team. To avoid confusion moving forward, we now alert the community of these things when they happen.

If anyone has any questions or problems with any of the entries in a contest, please speak up in the contest thread before the end of the contest, or forever hold your peace. Once a winner is announced, that will be the end of discussion. There will be no take backs, unless we made a clerical error.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January: @Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber
February: @Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch
March: @Stunger - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony
April: @Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig
May: @StoneOtter - Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters
June: @Ke0ncp - I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost Seedsman Comparative

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
July Grow Journal Nominees

@Melville Hobbes - What's a Swempy?

I am again nominating Melville Hobbs for his “What’s a Swempy” grow journal.

He had to pivot a couple of times during the grow, update frequently with explanations and pictures of progress. Also his original thought processes going into the grow was an interesting / original one. While it did not work out how he wanted he was able to change his methods and thought process mid grow and be able to still produce some good looking herbage :)

@Melville Hobbes - Godzilla Vs Kong

I would like to nominate Melville Hobbes and his Godzilla vs Kong Journal for JoTM. Mel is a dedicated forum member, who is knowledgeable, engaging and supportive to other growers.

Mel’s journals are always an interesting read and I particularly like watching Mel try and navigate the added challenges an outdoor grow brings. Mel supports sponsors where he can, and is super help

If you’re looking for a new journal to support look no further than this little gem. He is just getting to the fun part too!

🐵 🦖 🐵🦖🐵🦖

@Trala - Salaciousness, Sin And Seedsman Seeds With Preston9mm And Trala

I would like to re-nominate Trala for Grow Journal of the Month – July 2024
Trala updates are frequent and detailed about what she is growing and how she is doing it. While updating her grow journal she provides clear and detail images to show you how she is doing it.

Currently she journaling two joint journals with other member to enjoy the grow experience, but also to help spread the 420 Magazine message across the seas. The structure of her journal is always organized, easy to understand and to the point.

I often see her recommending our sponsors to anyone that has a problem or just wants to try something new.

Trala responds to all questions and tags the member with an easy-to-understand solution.

Welcoming new members with a refreshing sense of humor and directing them if they need help.

Salaciousness, Sin And Seedsman Seeds With Preston9mm And Trala

@Grand Daddy Black - GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

I'd like to nominate GDB's Old Dog - New Tricks for grow journal of the month. GDB never fails to impress with his growing skills and good humor. He posts detailed updates with beautiful photos. His journal is the epitome of what a good grow journal should be, so if you haven't already, be sure to check it out.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

New Sponsor Alert

We have a new sponsor for Grow Journal of the Month! :yahoo:

@Rocket Seeds has generously donated 10 x Blood Diamond OG seeds to the winner of this contest!

1719951271300.png

Thank you @Rocket Seeds, we are grateful for your contribution! :adore:

:thanks:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
July Grow Journal Nominees

@Melville Hobbes - What's a Swempy?

I am again nominating Melville Hobbs for his “What’s a Swempy” grow journal.

He had to pivot a couple of times during the grow, update frequently with explanations and pictures of progress. Also his original thought processes going into the grow was an interesting / original one. While it did not work out how he wanted he was able to change his methods and thought process mid grow and be able to still produce some good looking herbage :)

@Melville Hobbes - Godzilla Vs Kong

I would like to nominate Melville Hobbes and his Godzilla vs Kong Journal for JoTM. Mel is a dedicated forum member, who is knowledgeable, engaging and supportive to other growers.

Mel’s journals are always an interesting read and I particularly like watching Mel try and navigate the added challenges an outdoor grow brings. Mel supports sponsors where he can, and is super help

If you’re looking for a new journal to support look no further than this little gem. He is just getting to the fun part too!

🐵 🦖 🐵🦖🐵🦖

@Trala - Salaciousness, Sin And Seedsman Seeds With Preston9mm And Trala

I would like to re-nominate Trala for Grow Journal of the Month – July 2024
Trala updates are frequent and detailed about what she is growing and how she is doing it. While updating her grow journal she provides clear and detail images to show you how she is doing it.

Currently she journaling two joint journals with other member to enjoy the grow experience, but also to help spread the 420 Magazine message across the seas. The structure of her journal is always organized, easy to understand and to the point.

I often see her recommending our sponsors to anyone that has a problem or just wants to try something new.

Trala responds to all questions and tags the member with an easy-to-understand solution.

Welcoming new members with a refreshing sense of humor and directing them if they need help.

Salaciousness, Sin And Seedsman Seeds With Preston9mm And Trala

@Grand Daddy Black - GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

I'd like to nominate GDB's Old Dog - New Tricks for grow journal of the month. GDB never fails to impress with his growing skills and good humor. He posts detailed updates with beautiful photos. His journal is the epitome of what a good grow journal should be, so if you haven't already, be sure to check it out.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Wow!
While I am blown away at having two journals nominated, I'm not sure the Swempy journal is eligible.
It was recently moved to "Completed Journals", so it seems like it would fall under guideline 5.
I ended up not moving it because I received the nomination and thought it could wait to be moved until after the contest. It has been updated in the last 30 days, so that makes it still eligible.

Congratulations to
:adore: July's Grow Journal of the Month Winner! :adore:

@Grand Daddy Black

Thank you for providing such amazing content for our community, we truly appreciate you!:high-five:

We also want to thank all of the nominees and those that nominated them.

We are very grateful for each of you. :love:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom