1st timer grower in UK

I'll recalibrate my ph pen just in case.
But been feeding at 6. They have only had 2 feeds since I got them a week ago. Should I be feeding more?
Feed with every water, pH6.0 is fine - but check the bottle for instructions/mix
I recently found out my pH pen was way out and I didn't notice until my plants started going screwy

Feed with every water, pH6.0 is fine - but check the bottle for instructions/mix
I recently found out my pH pen was way out and I didn't notice until my plants started going screwy
For growing it says pH of 5.5-6.5 and ec of 1.3-1.8. Do I have to figure out the ec too?

For growing it says pH of 5.5-6.5 and ec of 1.3-1.8. Do I have to figure out the ec too?
Yes, pH 6.0 is midway so perfect
No! Take no notice of that EC guff - it's ml/L you need to know and that's it
If in doubt, go a little under but not much

Yes, pH 6.0 is midway so perfect
No! Take no notice of that EC guff - it's ml/L you need to know and that's it
If in doubt, go a little under but not much
Ok thank you. I've got the water going through now. What do I do with the brown curled up leaves? When also will I see if this and the right amount of feed has worked?

Ok thank you. I've got the water going through now. What do I do with the brown curled up leaves? When also will I see if this and the right amount of feed has worked?
Cut off dead stuff if it has absolutely no green left on it; it has given all its mobile nutes to the shoots
You will see new growing tips within 2-3 days

Cut off dead stuff if it has absolutely no green left on it; it has given all its mobile nutes to the shoots
You will see new growing tips within 2-3 days
Just a quick one. I have just over 2 hours left of lights off. Should I change it before I put plants back in the tent?

Just a quick one. I have just over 2 hours left of lights off. Should I change it before I put plants back in the tent?
No, they'll work it out just fine

No, they'll work it out just fine
So after the flush yesterday this is what's happened!! Is this leaf rot?

20240622_220509.jpg

20240622_220513.jpg

20240622_220515.jpg

20240622_220519.jpg

20240622_220522.jpg

20240622_220526.jpg

bro looks like they spent some time in the microwave oven, maybe you should try a soil grow or be prepared to try a few times with coco until things get better.

You in coco?
Are you feeding with calmag every day at 5.8 ph to runoff?
Full strength?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yes it's my first time trying to grow.
But I'm learning. I've now brought bigger grow tent, better fans, better in line fan and carbon filter, brought 17.5 liter fabric pots. Just need new lights but the good ones people are suggesting are too expensive, if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it.
Instead of clones I've just brought seeds, they are currently germinating.

Yes it's my first time trying to grow.
But I'm learning. I've now brought bigger grow tent, better fans, better in line fan and carbon filter, brought 17.5 liter fabric pots. Just need new lights but the good ones people are suggesting are too expensive, if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it.
Instead of clones I've just brought seeds, they are currently germinating.
You could look on FleaBay for a used lamp, or you could get a cheapo burple off Zon - just be careful to look out for actual power draw, they often cite '400w equivalent' bull when it's actually a 100w lamp

Work out the square ft of your tent then times that by 35-50watts [max] - that's how many watts per sq/ft you need
eg 2' x 2' tent is 4sq ft so you'd want 140-200w, a 150w would be fine

You could look on FleaBay for a used lamp, or you could get a cheapo burple off Zon - just be careful to look out for actual power draw, they often cite '400w equivalent' bull when it's actually a 100w lamp

Work out the square ft of your tent then times that by 35-50watts [max] - that's how many watts per sq/ft you need
eg 2' x 2' tent is 4sq ft so you'd want 140-200w, a 150w would be fine
I'm not clever at that sort of thing lol.
My tent is 4x4x7.

I have a small full spectrum light that came with my first small tent, unfortunately the box is in Chinese and I have no idea what wattage is, it could be what fried my plants previously. But I found out if was most likely a bug of some sort as the guy I got them from lost 100 clones to bugs a week after I did

I'm not clever at that sort of thing lol.
My tent is 4x4x7.

I have a small full spectrum light that came with my first small tent, unfortunately the box is in Chinese and I have no idea what wattage is, it could be what fried my plants previously. But I found out if was most likely a bug of some sort as the guy I got them from lost 100 clones to bugs a week after I did
This is my brothers auto, this is his first time too but he has succeeded where I failed lol. Now the leaves are getting Massive, Do we just leave them alone or shall he string them up?

att.5xn3pxDw8oqiY9UohgNkFAAU_zEmJC-eRY7503QDnW8.jpeg

att.J7GBEXhogylY4F4XPhjjPW_za9qOa1lOwEwCUjhWZP0.jpeg

att.iqcNsAS4muKvglBl_ZG-ZIv7umupdhAuoYWyXYGN6eg.jpeg

the auto looks good how old is it?
they need light all day and every day to bloom good.
I'm unsure how old she is. Yeah she outside in the sun when we have it lol
Do we need to remove any leaves you think or leave her be?
Think she is in preflower, she growing fast now, currently at 28 inches

I'm unsure how old she is. Yeah she outside in the sun when we have it lol
Do we need to remove any leaves you think or leave her be?
Think she is in preflower, she growing fast now, currently at 28 inches
I would not remove any leaves. The foliage is not that thick. The leaves are blocking much.

Back
Top Bottom