1st time grow: yellowing & light green leaves

5.5 could be a little low for cal mag uptake. My only Coco venture was a disaster but I'm sure someone with more experience could help better. I still have this chart for nutrient uptake in Coco. You could try uping to the pH to 6.0. sorry I can't be of my help.
Happy growing!
hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

5.5 is low i feeding always with 6.0-6.3

Thanks
Ive upped the ph,and raised the light .bit confused about feeding everyday as read that people water fully to run off and then let fully dry before watering again so every 2 days ish as roots like wet then dry .
Also looks like im not using enough nutes .also there are 3 nutes in the general hydroponics series i only use micro and bloom .i dont use the grow .should i put this in .
Im only following a you tube video to the later ,hence how i came up with amounts.so any help is great

WRONG!!! Coco is Hydro and the best results you get when you water every Day but you don't need water with lot of runoff when you give her what she eats ;) I feeding 2 x Day in Coco and i Grow Monster with it. Never let Coco Dry out its raising the EC and you make everything worse. You can water every 2 Days but best are every Day it takes time but i like it because your Plant gives you a great growth.

Hi my friend,

I using also Coco and GH Trio. Important to now how is your Tap Water you watering with? I using Osmosis Water highly recommended because you know exactly how waht you feeding with when you mixing your nutes with your Water. Do you using cheap Coco brand?

I feeding always 0.3 EC Calmag and than half dosage of GH total EC in vege 1.0-1.3
Test your runoff EC and tell me how high it is please no ppm.
Hi pal
Thanks for taking the time to advise
I don't have a ec meter (as until now I've never heard of one) but just ordered one from Amazon and that should come Sunday so will get the reading of water run off then
I'm using the bloom now in veg as I have been following a well known youtube grower and basically used everything the same as he did
I also watched the guy from gh on youtube showing how to mix there flora series and he mixed them all to use through out (but this could have just been a way of making you use more gh nutes)
The youtube grower never used the gh floragro so I never got any .but i have ordered some now and will come Sunday also.
My water is filtered with a tap filter and at a ph of 6.5
My coco is cana coco plus
After help from the guys on this forum I'm now feeding
Cal mag 5ml per gallon
Bloom 7ml per gallon
Micro 5ml per gallon
Everyday
With nutes mixed to a ph of 5.8
After you advice
I will now be increasing the ph to 6.0 -6.3
And will use the floragro when it arrives
I don't mind watering twice a day if needed if you think that is the best way for health plants
As this is my 1st grow I'm learning as I go.as this is all very new to me .but I'm actually enjoying the experience so apologies in advance to all for any lame questions I have .
Thanks

I crunched your new numbers to see how your macro and micro-nutrient levels work out.
Better than it was. Some things a little weird- Nitrogen a bit low and potassium very low. Calcium and magnesium is good now. Sulphur is off the charts high but that shouldn’t hurt them. These plants are pretty forgiving.
So that just a couple things to keep in mind. I also realize you may not know what I’m talking about :laughtwo:

You’ll want to revise your mix in flowering to up the K levels or will probably be seeing some potassium deficiency. I don’t know if you’ll see it in veg but you might.

At the nitrogen levels you’re at now your plants might still be a little pale green.

Just a different 2c re the PH. I’ve always based my PH around 5.8- lower being better than too high. So 5.5- 5.8 is my normal range. I never give them anything above 5.9. But not disagreeing with the others if that’s worked for them - just tossing that opinion in the mix. Different grows have slightly different needs. A high ph like 6.3 has always caused me issues in mine though.

Hi pal
Thanks for taking the time to advise
I don't have a ec meter (as until now I've never heard of one) but just ordered one from Amazon and that should come Sunday so will get the reading of water run off then
I'm using the bloom now in veg as I have been following a well known youtube grower and basically used everything the same as he did
I also watched the guy from gh on youtube showing how to mix there flora series and he mixed them all to use through out (but this could have just been a way of making you use more gh nutes)
The youtube grower never used the gh floragro so I never got any .but i have ordered some now and will come Sunday also.
My water is filtered with a tap filter and at a ph of 6.5
My coco is cana coco plus
After help from the guys on this forum I'm now feeding
Cal mag 5ml per gallon
Bloom 7ml per gallon
Micro 5ml per gallon
Everyday
With nutes mixed to a ph of 5.8
After you advice
I will now be increasing the ph to 6.0 -6.3
And will use the floragro when it arrives
I don't mind watering twice a day if needed if you think that is the best way for health plants
As this is my 1st grow I'm learning as I go.as this is all very new to me .but I'm actually enjoying the experience so apologies in advance to all for any lame questions I have .
Thanks

Hi, do you Grow for the first time? I don't recommended a beginner to Grow in Hydro Soil is best for beginner with Biobizz Grow and Bloom together but now you learning the Hard way :) EC is a must have in Hydroponic pH is important too but without possible to Grow because GH brings the pH to 6.0 automatic. Your plants are not lost bro wait to the EC pen and than we see.

Why you feeding with so much Bloom nutes??? Your Plants in vege they need Nitro etc and not much Bloom.

Look at the Bootle of your nutes they have a good feeding schedule if your EC is over 1.3 add water in. Do you only using micro and bloom??? Than try Lucas Formular: 6ml Micro, 9ml Bloom, 6.0ml Cal/mag / Gallon.
THE LUCAS FORMULA. !!!!!!!!!!!
THATS WHAT IT WAS!!!!!!
Tang is still awesome but it wasn't him.....

LUCAS!!!!!

I crunched your new numbers to see how your macro and micro-nutrient levels work out.
Better than it was. Some things a little weird- Nitrogen a bit low and potassium very low. Calcium and magnesium is good now. Sulphur is off the charts high but that shouldn’t hurt them. These plants are pretty forgiving.
So that just a couple things to keep in mind. I also realize you may not know what I’m talking about :laughtwo:

You’ll want to revise your mix in flowering to up the K levels or will probably be seeing some potassium deficiency. I don’t know if you’ll see it in veg but you might.

At the nitrogen levels you’re at now your plants might still be a little pale green.

Just a different 2c re the PH. I’ve always based my PH around 5.8- lower being better than too high. So 5.5- 5.8 is my normal range. I never give them anything above 5.9. But not disagreeing with the others if that’s worked for them - just tossing that opinion in the mix. Different grows have slightly different needs. A high ph like 6.3 has always caused me issues in mine though.
Thank you for the help pal

Hi fietchen .just read your message again and yes you did mention the lucas formula but i didnt understand what the lucas formula was at the time .and barney was telling me about a feed plan but couldnt remember the name .so i apologies for not picking up on it and thanking you.

Hi fietchen .just read your message again and yes you did mention the lucas formula but i didnt understand what the lucas formula was at the time .and barney was telling me about a feed plan but couldnt remember the name .so i apologies for not picking up on it and thanking you.

Back
Top Bottom