1st time grow: yellowing & light green leaves

Whitehotdog

Hi can anyone help a first timer
Leaves light green and yellowing ,bit confusing looking at other posts and photos some people say nutrition difisency ,some say too much nutes.over water ..
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190529_093825.jpg
    20190529_093825.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20190529_093832.jpg
    20190529_093832.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 134
Thanks for quick reply
Got plants from a mate he said
Plants are blue rhino, there in a coco and feeding with general hydroponics bloom 4ml per gal ,flora mico 2ml per gal and cal mag 2ml per gal
600w hps Light about 20 inch from plants
Ph of food checked to 5.5
Thanks

There's 2 answers that fix and avoid all Coco related problems mate.

No1 . Feed quarter strength of what the manufacturer reccomends. Feed every day to a decent run off. 5.7 for veg, 6.3 for bloom.

No2, if that doesn't work and the bottom leaves start going yellow up it to half strength.

That's it mate. Pretty much all there is to growing in Coco :)

Also your lights probably a bit close. I've got one of them and need to keep it about 3 ft till the plants are quite a bit bigger than that.

Thanks
Ive upped the ph,and raised the light .bit confused about feeding everyday as read that people water fully to run off and then let fully dry before watering again so every 2 days ish as roots like wet then dry .
Also looks like im not using enough nutes .also there are 3 nutes in the general hydroponics series i only use micro and bloom .i dont use the grow .should i put this in .
Im only following a you tube video to the later ,hence how i came up with amounts.so any help is great

You feed soil like that mate. Coco is different though. It's hydroponics so best not to let it dry out. Otherwise it would be called dryponics lol. If you do dry it out, the nutes build up and basically boil the pot. Ruins the pH aswell. Doesn't happen every time but it's very common.
By feeding to run off and keeping it wet, you're keeping it fresh and full of oxygen. Aswell as flushing away any excess nutes.
Only soil, and possibly pete growers have to worry about feeding too often. Their media doesn't hold oxygen very well. For the rest of us though it's light doses at maximum volume cos our media holds more oxygen so the plants won't drown.
It's not the volume of water that drowns them, it's the lack of oxygen. Not a problem for us though :)

I don’t use those GH nutes but I do have them in my nutrient calculator and can run the numbers through. Not sure if the amounts you mentioned are ml per gallon, or per litre? But if they are per gallon then I think underfeeding would probably be your main problem.

Thanks for all the help barny . Thats the only problem trying to do your own research
is you get conflicting info but what your saying and the way you put it
sounds to makes perfect sense
Thanks again pal

There is a fullproof easy feed schedule for those nutes. I've seen it before, sure it's a guy called @tang that done it. He's no longer here but is still active on afn.
I had a quick Google and couldn't find it but sure it's him.
Be worth having a hunt mate. Something along the lines of "tang GH trio feed schedule" should get you there eventually.
His grows are a bit boring to be honest, every plant looks exactly the same but he gets them perfect every time with zero issues from start to finish. Hell of a grower.

Thanks for quick reply
Plants are blue rhino, there in a coco and feeding with general hydroponics bloom 4ml per gal ,flora mico 2ml per gal and cal mag 2ml per gal
Thanks

Hi my friend,

I using also Coco and GH Trio. Important to now how is your Tap Water you watering with? I using Osmosis Water highly recommended because you know exactly how waht you feeding with when you mixing your nutes with your Water. Do you using cheap Coco brand?

I feeding always 0.3 EC Calmag and than half dosage of GH total EC in vege 1.0-1.3
Test your runoff EC and tell me how high it is please no ppm.

Thanks for quick reply
Thanks

Why you feeding with so much Bloom nutes??? Your Plants in vege they need Nitro etc and not much Bloom.

Look at the Bootle of your nutes they have a good feeding schedule if your EC is over 1.3 add water in. Do you only using micro and bloom??? Than try Lucas Formular: 6ml Micro, 9ml Bloom, 6.0ml Cal/mag / Gallon.

Back
Top Bottom