Cannabis Ruderalis Summer Fun

thegreengrocr

Well I sent for a few of these Auto Candy Kush Cannabis Ruderalis seeds from Herbies.

Nothing like having buds at 4 weeks. Keeps the blood flowing while waiting for the others to do their thing.

I received 3 seeds and now have 3 plants. They came up on 5/20. 2 are being grown at over 6000 ft El. I donated them to a fellow medical user.

Here is the one I have here at home @ 2 weeks.

Cannabis_Ruderalis_04.jpg
Cannabis_Ruderalis_03.jpg
Cannabis_Ruderalis_02.jpg
Cannabis_Ruderalis_01.jpg

And here she is at 5 weeks.

Cannabis_Ruderalis_Top.jpg
Cannabis_Ruderalis.jpg

My standard starting point for soil.

IMG_20140523_185729_170.jpg

Nutrients this time around are Growology #2 & #3. My shipment arrived after planting so I went with Great White Inoculant in the soil not the Growology #1. John Simpson at Growology is very helpful if anyone has questions about their products. Labeling is just a starting point.

1/2 Tablespoon per gallon of #2 for the first 4 weeks.

1 Tablespoon per gallon of #3 starting at week 4. She is about 10 days into flower now.

Is this not a grow journal?

More to come.

The reason I said that, is there's some information I didn't see in your first post: How to start a grow journal

Everyone likes to know all the details about your grow, so when we see the results, it might have us change our methods to do something you did in your grow!

Here is the official grow journal info.

What strain is it? Auto Candy Kush Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Veg... For how long? Was about 4 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? About 2 weeks now
Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor. Going in a greenhouse on the 4th of July.
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Verma Fire 60%, Verma Blend 0% and Verma Worm 20%
If soil... What size pot? 7 Gallon soft pot
Size of light? IDK but she is 93,000,000 miles away.
Is it aircooled? As the wind blows
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? every 1-2 days depending on heat
Type and strength of ferts used? Growology #2 @ 50% week 2 & 3 , 75% week 4 & 5 Growology #3 @ 100% starting week 6.

The buds are starting to swell. She is going to be a cute little thing.

I have some pollen from White Label Seeds Company Afghan Kush Seeds strain and am going to add a bit to one of the lower branches. Planted 5 seeds. 2 came up. Both male. Wonder what light cycle they will have?

and the latest pics. Bud growth is very good.

Not sure what to expect from an auto but for a shorty she is looking great and might even have some weight.

Put some pollen on 2 lower buds last night. White Label Seeds Company Afghan Kush was the donor.

I would expect the auto traits to carry through from my reading.

Nutrient adjustment:

After more reading it seems that the general public is having better results feeding veg nutes all the way through. I have decided to do a 50-50 mix of the Growology #2 & #3.

Cannabis_Ruderalis_031.jpg
Cannabis_Ruderalis_041.jpg

It has been another week and here is how she is doing.

No changes in the nutes but she is living in the greenhouse now.

Ruderalis_3.jpg
Ruderalis_1.jpg
Ruderalis_2.jpg
Ruderalis4.jpg

So not much to report. All is well and as far as I can tell very healthy.

This was given to me with the name of "Hash Plant".

Since she flowered the week of the summer solstice I would assume that she has some Ruderalis in her.

Hash_Plant_2.jpg
Hash_Plant_11.jpg

This is my first auto. 50 days from seed and look at her. She smells very fruity and sweet too. She may not fill the pantry but if she smokes good then this was fun. Ah it was fun either way. A lot less work then force flowering.

Hey boss, they are looking fantastic.

I did a few Autos last summer out doors, pineapple express and blueberry. They turned out great, how ever I am above the 60 degree line up north and by growing them outdoors they averaged about an oz a plant. That too me was enough for me not to go Auto flowering again. In my opinion, they say 60-70 days but is truely 80-90 days. So in that 80-90 days you can grow an Autoflower and yield an ounce, or grow a photoperiod and yield 4. My choice was simple.

I have not experimented indoors with them yet, but yours are looking super my friend!

Here are a couple of better pics. I need a real camera.

Ruderallis_top.jpg
Ruderallis_tip.jpg

Here she is @ 63 days. About 2 weeks to go from the looks of the trichomes but she is still busting out all over.

Usually defoliate about 10 days before harvest but not sure about the Ruderallis. I am sure she is way over an ounce. Maybe 2.

Got kinda warm in the greenhouse so I moved her out for her last 2 weeks. 111f

Although all the sativa, indica and hybrids handle the heat ok my little ruderallis was reacting poorly.

So there she sits awaiting the next stage of existence. She is swelling all so well.

Go Growology.

Back
Top Bottom