• Yes

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the popularity contest mindset would still be a problem.
And experience doesn't necessarily correlate to good advice, nor does a good reputation.
Wouldn't it be just like the extra special things already next to your user name and many others, that you enter monthly to be recognized for....?

I agree it doesn't always correlate. But one should always get advice, and do their own research. Period. Even then....the rabbit hole is still deep.

There’s advice on these forums right now that when it was given was considered great advice and the gold standard in it’s time. Now when you look at it 2-3 years later you see it was awful advice that had no business being spread. This will just reinforce those same bad ideas and make it even harder to break those myths.

Gee nailed it (and now a few others who posted while I was writing).. if you are blindly following directions and advice on the internet without checking it yourself or bothering to do even a little bit of the brain work I don’t feel any empathy for you losing your grow, you deserve it.

This is a community that was born out of anti authoritarianism and resistance to the status quo, now we want to create a system that solidifies the mainstream thought? That seems completely antithetical to what we’re doing here.

There’s advice on these forums right now that when it was given was considered great advice and the gold standard in it’s time. Now when you look at it 2-3 years later you see it was awful advice that had no business being spread. This will just reinforce those same bad ideas and make it even harder to break those myths.

Gee nailed it.. if you are blindly following directions and advice on the internet without checking it yourself or bothering to do even a little bit of the brain work I don’t feel any empathy for you losing your grow, you deserve it.

This is a community that was born out of anti authoritarianism and resistance to the status quo, now we want to create a system that solidifies the mainstream thought? That seems completely antithetical to what we’re doing here.
Lol. Come on it's just a star next to your name... Like art class in kindergarten. Er tweety. No more no less

If helpers get rated then fairness says the people asking for help should be rated too, so the helper knows the quality of the helpee.

I tell my kids good solid stuff all the time, and mostly they follow it, and mostly they get it wrong, and mostly thats somehow my fault.

No to hierarchy. People get their reputations organically. Even someone with a good rep can make mistakes, hence the beauty of the present system of everyone chiming in and then a conclusion is reached. Consensus.

Lol. Come on it's just a star next to your name... Like art class in kindergarten. Er tweety

Have you been on the other forums with these rep systems? They’re dumpster fires full of cliques.. There’s a reason so many people come here over the other ones.

What happens when someone dares question a rep master? They’ll get dog piled.. same as the first doctor that recommended they should probably wash their hands in between surgeries

Have you been on the other forums with these rep systems? They’re dumpster fires full of cliques.. There’s a reason so many people come here over the other ones.

What happens when someone dares question a rep master? They’ll get dog piled.. same as the first doctor that recommended they should probably wash their hands in between surgeries
Agree with ya on this one ! Ben on here for years only cuz it's simple !!!!! Keep it simple 420 mag

Everyone is going way deep. I understand the extra workload that might be involved for the team. It's unfortunate. Very unfortunate. If there is anything to help with at @420 I would be happy to pitch in!

That’s a point I haven’t even made yet.. look at how rapid this is moving.. This is going to create even more work for the admins guaranteed.

You should never blindly follow advice.

All my best grow advice came from 420 and most from a solid few, but no matter how solid, I still science everything because the best advice in the world that may be 100% correct, could be intended for coco but the newb asking is in soil , so excellent advice may not work for you.

We learn from our mistakes. If bad advice burns you then you learn 2 things not 1.

Dont try that again, and more importantly, test it before you commit, or at least research it.

That would give a great grower a bad review because the question wasn't asked properly.

The number one reason that I see for failed grows is mixing styles.

I am against it unless those things can be checked 1st to put responsibility on the grower, not the assister.
The greatest advice I have been given about growing has come from 420 and ive never seen another place with positivity and togetherness like it from my experience. I think if you have an idea at first the help will come, you just have to ask around as I did.

Man I would have alot of dogs on me... jus sayin... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ment 420 can give them a star next to there name if they are known for giving good advice , we can't give a star to one another that would be no different then receiving a "like"
Thank you for the idea, however I don't have time for that. You're talking about a full time job just for issuing stars. Sounds like Twitter's old failed policy with handing out blue verified checks to their elite. Just gets back to being a popularity contest, in my opinion. The job has to be for the members to judge each other on a case by case basis. It would only be used in forums that are marked specifically for questions only. The only one that comes to mind right now is the FAQs.

A person giving bad advice is quickly checked by multiple people giving the collective good advice. End of story. As far as I know, from my experience using this forum, a person giving bad advice, in isolation, is not the norm.

We respect everyone's opinions based on first hand experience. I'd like you also to know about the hundreds of complaints we've received over the years from members telling us that other members are giving bad advice and ruining grows and sending people away. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does happen. You never hear those stories, because we keep all the drama behind the scenes, so you all can play, teach, learn, share and connect without drama getting in your way. It's the stuff you guys and gals don't see, that brings up these ideas to help evolve our community and protocols. Sometimes you have to understand all sides, before making the right decision.

You should never blindly follow advice.

All my best grow advice came from 420 and most from a solid few, but no matter how solid, I still science everything because the best advice in the world that may be 100% correct, could be intended for coco but the newb asking is in soil , so excellent advice may not work for you.

We learn from our mistakes. If bad advice burns you then you learn 2 things not 1.

Dont try that again, and more importantly, test it before you commit, or at least research it.

That would give a great grower a bad review because the question wasn't asked properly.

The number one reason that I see for failed grows is mixing styles.

I am against it unless those things can be checked 1st to put responsibility on the grower, not the assister.
That's all fine and dandy, until someone gets bad advice and ruins a $3000 grow and now their sick and dying mother doesn't get the meds she needs and she dies. You've got to think outside of your bubble with your own limited experiences, we are trying to help everyone here. Please help me come up with a solution.

Man I would have alot of dogs on me... jus sayin... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, and under the proposed system I never would’ve been exposed to what you had to say (in theory, I would’ve been intrigued as to why you were being shouted down lol) which would’ve left me in a position I shudder to think about.

That's all fine and dandy, until someone gets bad advice and ruins a $3000 grow and now their sick and dying mother doesn't get the meds she needs and she dies. You've got to think outside of your bubble with your own limited experiences, we are trying to help everyone here. Please help me come up with a solution.

I think someone with a 3,000$ grow should’ve gone somewhere with actual liability instead of an Internet forum. You’re attempting to resolve a problem that starts with the user, not the forum.

I think the popularity contest mindset would still be a problem.
And experience doesn't necessarily correlate to good advice, nor does a good reputation.
Good point, however if a hundred growers all voted on the best answer, we stand a much better chance of highlighting the proper advice for the person who needs it. It's all about helping the member, not about giving accolades to people who reply to every question there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom