Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy Comparison Grow Hempy Style By Bluter

day 12 above ground and feeding day today for the @SeedsMan purple ghost candy girls
colour is good and they seem pretty happy.

full

the third set is coming in strong so i bumped them to veg level. they'll get at least one more feed the same before contemplating another bump.

full

i seem to have lucked out and got a mix of all the PGC phenos to have to make happy lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
they are growing well. think i'm looking at an up pot in 10 or so days. possibly sooner. they've already got roots at the drain holes in the hempy cups.

full

the mix at the moment is
2L RO
1ml calmag
2g MC
ph'd at feed to 5.8

2L is good for 2 feeds in the hempy cups. i mix everything ahead and keep it in pop bottles.

gave the ladies a quick feed late yesterday. they were ready for it.

full

a little bit of day end droop. i held to the same nute levels and will probably stay there for a few feeds. they've gotten big enough to give them their own drip trays.

full

one of my timers took a shit while i was gone. good thing it wasn't the main light, it was just for the supplemental burple. checked on them 2 1/2 hours after lights out and it was still running.
i have a back up i programmed, but i'm not sure if it's set correct, will have to keep watch on things today.

the smaller two phenos kicked it into gear and have caught back up to the larger ones.

full

i have a couple doing the lean that don't want to train straight. will address it better at up pot. i'm probably gonna have to get them moved into bigger homes within the wk. then comes caging, topping, and training, hoping to have them in the flower room around the end of the month. :)

decided to give eileen a hand straightening out ... :p

full

will let her work against the fishing weight for a bit.

You're feeding once a day? They look great!

once very 3rd -ish lol. you can run hempy on a schedule.

every 3rd day in seedling to mid veg
every 2nd from mid veg to early flower
every day in flower

it's called the 3-2-1 schedule. it's great for new folk who don't get a handle on the whole wet / dry cycle. you can't drown hempy, so you could probably feed every day. the 3-2-1 ensures they get dry cycles and keeps ph in check.

purple ghost candy hempys are rolling along

full

they got another feed at the same veg levels. looks like it will do for a bit.

full

gonna raise the light tomorrow. dry sifted a five gallon bucket of perlite to get rid of the rock flour, and got a bunch of feed prepped for an up pot this wk. they are eating through the res every other day so are about due.

going to let the next node get established, then up pot just before topping.

I usually top before potting up, I get a better root ball after about 7 days
Keeps the plants small and mostly buds, aiming for 25g/L of coco

i'm running cages and like the branching a bit more developed when i top.

It's amazing how much vigor these grow with! Hempy really moves!

the little cups work like a tiny sips. they honestly develop slower than a soil seedling at first. once the roots hit the res things take off.

fat and happy @SeedsMan purple ghost candy girls at day 18

full

i backed the calmag off a touch for the up pot and next few feedings. it's been pre mixed. they have the lazy indica dom look, but i see a little n hook in it.

full

they'll lift flatter for another 2 - 3 hrs then start droop half way through day cycle. an hour or two before the end they've crashed lol. :laughtwo:

i'll try to get a pic tonight.

there's always one ...

full

happened as soon as i backed off the calmag.

noticed this last night just before lights out. it wasn't showing as deep so i waited til today to take the pic. since it's interveinal guessed at calmag and a possible general hunger. it also showed up the first time i fed them without a nute bump.

i didn't flush, just fed early today instead with veg level calmag and a ramp to full veg nute levels. i don't like running hempy cups that hot, but they may have got ahead of me. will know in a day or so how they react.

mostly happy with the progress. the rest of the plant is looking good.

full

the others aren't giving me the same look.

full

kinda hoping i didn't jump the wrong way and overfeed them now. i'll grab some h2o2 today incase i have to do a quick flush to deal with an excess. i don't think i have to worry on it. pretty sure they simply decided to eat like crazy.

full

next 24 hrs will tell if we caught it.

Well-spotted and early catch too!

i shoulda just stuck to the program and ramped them up at last feed ... i've been pushing them and second guessed the plants. thought for sure i was gonna blow them up if i kept at it :p

gave the @SeedsMan purple ghost candy girls a late up pot yesterday.

full

i got ahead of the calmag issue they were threatening, then they decided to ask for yet another nute bump. i'm mixing one today ahead of the next feed, i may go in early with it. i'm pretty much at peak veg levels already.

found out eileen has a twisted root just under the surface.

full

by this morning everyone had completely forgotten about the being moved.

full

even eileen has it worked out.
my circulation fan crapped out yesterday when i was working on them, so i'll need to solve for that. i have to raise them up a little as well.

Back
Top Bottom