Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, Hydro

Re: Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, H

They look very healthy. Thanks for the good info, great job on the plants and the journal.

Re: Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, H

Well here are a couple pictures I took last night... Growth seems pretty healthy, and the canopy is really filling in. I figure there is still another week of stretching for the Juicy Fruit, and might need to bend over the sweet tooths if they stretch anymore.

P9200007.JPG

P9200009.JPG

The Juicy if a very resinous plant with large calyxes, and a ton of trichomes. Last harvest I grew a majority of Sweet Tooth (12 of 18 slots filled) and in the end I was much happier with the smoke and resins (high) of the Juicy Fruit with which I had 5 slots filled. Because of that, I am growing 16 Juicy Fruit in an uncropped sea of green, and only two sweet tooth. Hydroponically, the Juicy Fruit grows very dense, with a ton of crystals. It grows short and stout and has many supplemental colas surrounding the main cola. I still may have flipped the switch to 12/12 a few days early, however I still expect some stretching from the JF. You can see in the back left and back right corners, there are tall, lanky BC Sweet Tooth plants which I am going to start to train over. I am happy with the health of most the plants, with the exception of a couple that seem to have stunted, irregular growth.
I also plan on cloning 25+ branches this coming weekend to prepare for refilling the cabinet in 5-6 weeks.
I will be uploading some more pictures today or tomorrow, and would love some input on my setup.

Well I am having some troubles with my digital camera, so opted to use a newer camera, and now I am having a little troupbles resizing... Is it best to turn my digital camera down to 3 MP to allow for size restrictions? Anyway here is a picture or two to show some recent pictures.

100_4449.JPG

100_4456.JPG

100_4455.JPG

In the next couple days I will give a more thorough journal entry and would love to hear some feed back and critisizms
Also any recommendations for taking good pictures under HPS lighting would be helpful... Camera settings etc.

nice camera,crystal clear pics!! Macro always helps with closeups. yes u might wanna lower it down in mp, I have with mine and notice it helps alot. Did u say ur using co2?

Wow! They are lookin great! I think it's really cool to see yours in action before we've seen what ours can do! You know how it is when you use somethin for the first time. ;-) Impressive grow! +rep!

FloridaBud, This is using supplemental CO2 using a regulator and a valve on a timer within the cabinet. It runs @ 5-10 PSI for 3 minutes 6 times a day (concurrent with the drip hydro drip system). Glad the pictures are looking clear. I have been taking pictures almost each day, and intend on making a timelapse aswell.

Ms. Fox Thanks for the positive feed back, it is nice to see what you may be able to expect with a similar cabinet system. The strains add variance to the plants growth, as well as clone verse seed... Essentially the seed with be a stronger plant, but it has its obvious drawbacks. I still wish I had vegged them a few more days, but the majority of the plants are still stretching.

My fertilizers are almost completely gone and am thinking about opting for Advanced Nutrients Connosoir, it is expensive, but I feel like they make a very plant specific product that does have its advantages... Feedback on other possible base nutrients would be nice.

I also began training the 2 tall sweet tooths over using the fan casings.

My root growth is ok, but I still wish I vegged longer and used an additive to promote extra root growth... It is early though, and I am hoping for some more veg and root growth for the next week. Flowering is definately starting to begin, and each day I cant wait till the light period begins to take a peak at a new days of growth.

Andy, to answer your question... when I want to empty the 10 gallon resorivoir I attach a small diameter tube to the outlet on the hydro system. I then open the valve and turn on the water pump... this lets the water pump out into a seperate 10 gallon tub I have. To refill the resoirvoir I take the same large 10+ gallon tub and fill it with water and nutrients required for that stage of growth. Next I just use a simple siphon to get the fresh tub of water and nutrients into the systems res chamber.

Also, I will post some new pictures tomorrow, the growth and development of most plants is good. I look forward to hearing questions and/or feedback.

Bad news all, took a one week trip across the country, and my caretaker wasnt able to keep things good... 2/3 of my plants are dead. 6 plants left living. And they arent that great. Major lesson learned. Sorry to have a bad outcome on this.. I am heart broken, and the 6 remaining cant make up for it. I will supple pics of the aftermath...
Only bright side is i have many nice rooted clones ready to get transplanted to veg out.
TOTALLY BUMMED
cant blame anyone but myself

I just ordered a bloombox and I know its half the size in the flowering side so I was wondering what your yield is in the producer and then I can divide by 2

Back
Top Bottom