Sacred Spiral 3rd times a charm bagseed shed grow

Sacred Spiral

So I've tried 2 times now to grow a plant
failure or interruption thus far
not this time
;)

im moving it to the shed because it is a lot bigger and less i have to worry about people finding
no one goes to the shed

so with that said
i'm already having a slight issue with temps
i live in the midwest and its getting kinda cold

right now i have three root popped seeds waiting to sprout
they are housed in a styrofoam cooler with a hole in the lid just big enough for my lamp socket to fit into i have a y-splitter on the socket and 2 cfl's hooked up right now

im using just plain potting soil mixed with a little sand and some plant-tone organic fertilizer

just using some decent bagseed

that about somes up the basics

i need to figure out something to kp the temps up
because at this rate all im growing are icicles

i have two ideas that ive thought of but i want to see what you guys think before i do anything

1. build a box inside of a box with an airgap in between kinda like double paned windows, using air as an insulator or something else that would insulate well, styrofoam isnt doing it so it has to be a pretty good insulator

2. use a couple incandescant bulbs or heat lamp

also solutions need to be relatively cheap

well i let you guys think that over ill have some pics explaining this shed better by next week

if worst comes to worst and the seeds i have planted now fuck up i have a ton more
thanx peace

so maybe its not as cold as i thought it was
because when i opened the lid i felt a quick rush of heat and the soil was warm
hopefully theyll be poppin up soon
ill have pictures soon
just waiting to see if i get some progress first

the best way to add heat to your grow is to add more light.

using a space heater or any solution along those lines is just a huge waste of energy.

If it gets too cold when the lights are off, you can use a low wattage heat mat under your pots to keep your soil warm.

As long as the roots are warm, your plants will tolerate cold temps much better.

Back
Top Bottom