Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Beautiful colors on those buds, Rex.
Thank you Regrowth, I'm particularly pleased with the quantity, and the looks of the quality. The finger hash hits wonderfully.

What a gorgeous color harvest Rex! Sorry about the mold bits but with all that flower it's still going to be quite the harvest. Pink and sticky for the win. :thumb:
Thanks Shed!
I'm quite happy to say, that I found no other mold.
Cabinet there technically :nerd-with-glasses:. But thank you for that, that was the best gif yet.
Warm and dry is a snowbird's dream. Arizona in your garage is something can sell tickets to!
It's sure nice to trim. And the plants seem to be thriving.

I'm still Getting some yellowing on my larger photo's fan leaves. I did a top ammendment, and filled the container up to the top with fresh soil. I also gave her some FloraNova Bloom, microbes and enzymes.
She seems to be a fast finisher judging by how quickly she's developing now.
20221003_113026.jpg

20221003_113031.jpg

And the Ak-47 Auto has been chopped and put in the fridge. :yahoo:.

I forgot to upload some pictures of her trichomes. Here is one.
2022_09_30_17_51_19_062.jpg

I've also got something that's been a summer long project.
When I started the Ak-47, she was planted with 2 reg autos in the tent. The reg autos were an Afghani auto cross.

They both turned out to be male.

So...I grew both of them. Then as they were getting into preflower, I did a stem rub on both. And looked both over closely.
One checked all the boxes for me, a nice strong smell, showing his potential terps (the other had a very faint smell). Nice structure, and foilage that spoke of a nice indica.
So I culled the other one.
Here's the keeper.
20220805_113958.jpg

20220809_141009.jpg

Then as he began preflowering, I began to regularly remove his preflowers, except a few.
I didn't want pollen everywhere, after all, the Ak-47 Auto was feminized and growing right beside him.

I began harvesting the pollen sacs as they developed. I wanted a mix of early, mid, and ripe pollen...basically the shotgun approach.
I continued to do so, until the first pollen sac opened up. Then all the pollen sacs were harvested, and he was culled.

The results? These two fell out off the branch that I pollinated. I'm sure the fridge has more in it, that branch was put in paper bags and marked, so I'll be going through it to look for more seeds once the buds dry.

20221004_134523.jpg

I've still got a bit of pollen left, and will apply it to the Gorilla Glue Auto (she's been really neglected) and hopefully, more seeds will be the result.

Thank you Regrowth, I'm particularly pleased with the quantity, and the looks of the quality. The finger hash hits wonderfully.

Thanks Shed!
I'm quite happy to say, that I found no other mold.

Cabinet there technically :nerd-with-glasses:. But thank you for that, that was the best gif yet.

It's sure nice to trim. And the plants seem to be thriving.

I'm still Getting some yellowing on my larger photo's fan leaves. I did a top ammendment, and filled the container up to the top with fresh soil. I also gave her some FloraNova Bloom, microbes and enzymes.
She seems to be a fast finisher judging by how quickly she's developing now.
20221003_113026.jpg

20221003_113031.jpg

And the Ak-47 Auto has been chopped and put in the fridge. :yahoo:.

I forgot to upload some pictures of her trichomes. Here is one.
2022_09_30_17_51_19_062.jpg

I've also got something that's been a summer long project.
When I started the Ak-47, she was planted with 2 reg autos in the tent. The reg autos were an Afghani auto cross.

They both turned out to be male.

So...I grew both of them. Then as they were getting into preflower, I did a stem rub on both. And looked both over closely.
One checked all the boxes for me, a nice strong smell, showing his potential terps (the other had a very faint smell). Nice structure, and foilage that spoke of a nice indica.
So I culled the other one.
Here's the keeper.
20220805_113958.jpg

20220809_141009.jpg

Then as he began preflowering, I began to regularly remove his preflowers, except a few.
I didn't want pollen everywhere, after all, the Ak-47 Auto was feminized and growing right beside him.

I began harvesting the pollen sacs as they developed. I wanted a mix of early, mid, and ripe pollen...basically the shotgun approach.
I continued to do so, until the first pollen sac opened up. Then all the pollen sacs were harvested, and he was culled.

The results? These two fell out off the branch that I pollinated. I'm sure the fridge has more in it, that branch was put in paper bags and marked, so I'll be going through it to look for more seeds once the buds dry.

20221004_134523.jpg

I've still got a bit of pollen left, and will apply it to the Gorilla Glue Auto (she's been really neglected) and hopefully, more seeds will be the result.
Wow, what a cool project, making your own auto seeds. Of course you are, lol. The AK turned out to have some interesting color it looks like, although truth be told (my truth, lol) I’d have waited a couple more days in harvesting her. :laugh: Really great work Rexer. Congratulations on the chop.

Crazy good frost on the hungry outsider and sweet seeds! ㊗️
Thank you Shed. I'm very proud of that plant. I'm also terrified of what it's going to be like harvesting her :rofl: . I may just drag a bed out to the garage.
Wow, what a cool project, making your own auto seeds. Of course you are, lol. The AK turned out to have some interesting color it looks like, although truth be told (my truth, lol) I’d have waited a couple more days in harvesting her. :laugh: Really great work Rexer. Congratulations on the chop.
Thank you Jon. And you are 💯 % correct. It would have been a bit better to wait a few more days.

But, it was more convenient to do a weekend harvest, vs a mid week harvest. I could have waited till next weekend, but that's Canada's Thanksgiving weekend.
And truthfully, I'm tired of shelling out bucks to buy my meds:rofl:

Ahoy Rexer,
Newbie here. With the first of many hydro questions.
I am trying to get used to PH adjustments. My question is I have always heard you adjust for the water PH before you add nutes. Why? That seems back asswards to me. Shouldn't I adjust ph after all my tinkerings?

Ahoy Rexer,
I am trying to get used to PH adjustments. My question is I have always heard you adjust for the water PH before you add nutes. Why? That seems back asswards to me. Shouldn't I adjust ph after all my tinkerings?
Hey Maritimer, here's my $.02 (now $1.50 with inflation). I use well water at 100ppm / 8.1pH. I add acid to my water to bring it down to reasonable levels (< 6.3pH) before adding any nutrients. Then, after everything is mixed, I check it and adjust to 5.8.

I think adjusting your water first really depends on the water you're using. If you have very soft water , reverse osmosis, or distilled water then there's no need to do anything to your water first. If you have more carbonates in your water (like me) you may want to counter those before the nutes go in.

Hey Maritimer, here's my $.02 (now $1.50 with inflation). I use well water at 100ppm / 8.1pH. I add acid to my water to bring it down to reasonable levels (< 6.3pH) before adding any nutrients. Then, after everything is mixed, I check it and adjust to 5.8.

I think adjusting your water first really depends on the water you're using. If you have very soft water , reverse osmosis, or distilled water then there's no need to do anything to your water first. If you have more carbonates in your water (like me) you may want to counter those before the nutes go in.
Thanks BudMan,
I am in RO water with new filters, so I think I am good adjusting after amending the solution. I have never grown in Hydro before, and actually don't have all the gear yet.

This leads to my next newbie question. Can I shift plants from a peat-based substrate after say 3 weeks of veg? I imagine it goes that you pluck her out of the pot and wash the roots under running water until most soil washes away, then tuck her down in the clay pebbles. 5 gallon DWC 4 bucket kit with air pump and stones are coming from our supplier Am-a-lizard (Amazon).

Ahoy Rexer,
I personally have always done it at the end, right before adding microbes and enzymes. Though LKABUDMAN has some great insight below on it.
I do use an RO system as my well water is very hard.

That is awesome, thank you. I didn't think on the water source having that much impact (PH wise), as I've gotten too spoiled with the RO water, but I see where you're going, and your awesome results speak for themselves.
Thanks BudMan,
I am in RO water with new filters, so I think I am good adjusting after amending the solution. I have never grown in Hydro before, and actually don't have all the gear yet.

This leads to my next newbie question. Can I shift plants from a peat-based substrate after say 3 weeks of veg? I imagine it goes that you pluck her out of the pot and wash the roots under running water until most soil washes away, then tuck her down in the clay pebbles. 5 gallon DWC 4 bucket kit with air pump and stones are coming from our supplier Am-a-lizard (Amazon).
I think as long as you know she's going to be shocked and stressed for a bit (and plan accordingly to that), she should be ok.
Just rinse the roots well to clean them out.

Make sure you've got your gear (nutes and additives as well) in place before starting, otherwise you'll be tempting fate!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well, I thought I'd drop a few photos for your enjoyment! I even included the ugliest plant ive grown yet. Yeah, she was extremely neglected. A "jar stuffer" was what she was called when germinated. Just in case all my summer plants went sideways.

I'll start with the "jar stuffer" Gorilla Glue Auto. I'm not sure on her exact age, when I say neglected- I mean neglected :rofl:.
20221019_182259.jpg

I did finally give her a good look today. Underneath all the deformed leaves, she's got some seriously heavy frost and is extremely sticky.

Moving on to better photos....

My Romulan cross
20221024_183804.jpg
20221024_183753.jpg

And the Amnesia Haze
20221024_183825.jpg
20221024_183833.jpg

What ugly leaves? I was concentrating on drooling over those sticky buds!

Your Romulan cross? Did you make some seeds? I must have missed that in your journal.

Amnesia Haze is looking lovely!

It's amazing how much goodness can end up hiding under a bunch of ugly fan leaves, but it proves true time and time again after harvest trimming! And excellent fur on the beautiful swans as well.

:thumb:
Thanks Shed!
I'll get whatever I get from her. GG has been a favorite of mine, so I also decided to see if any of my auto Pollen was still viable 🤞 . Those seeds are more valuable in the long run to me, then what I'll pull from this plant bud wise.
The pollen was from a male Afghani auto cross, so it should hopefully get me some more reg auto seeds to play with.
What ugly leaves? I was concentrating on drooling over those sticky buds!

Your Romulan cross? Did you make some seeds? I must have missed that in your journal.

Amnesia Haze is looking lovely!
Ahh thanks N420! :)

The Romulan was actually a Romulan x Big Smoothie that I was able to get. I have some more of the seeds (the clone off her died :laugh: ).

Whew, caught up. What an embarrassment of riches, and lots of weed too! So the new dehu is impressing you I hope. Love to see some logged data any time you get a chance to compare. Can wait till this crazy time of year is truly done, just curious.

I'm looking for a crummy used fridge to do my drying in, 'free picked up' is my target. fingers crossed. Still weeks to go but these things take time.

I like GG#4 a lot and have some fully vegged ready for bigger SIPs. Anyone intimate with the strain, I'm curious how much size growth I might be looking at during transition. I might just put the two gg4's in the 5x5 alone as they're not getting any smaller waiting for me. Took some clones in case these are the real deal. Interested in the history of the cultivar if anyone knows some interesting deets.

Thanks for the inspiration Rex. Hey, did you get a decent response to your nute tinkering on the 50 gals? Plus I'm confused about whether they were/are in soil or coco?

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well, I thought I'd drop a few photos for your enjoyment! I even included the ugliest plant ive grown yet. Yeah, she was extremely neglected. A "jar stuffer" was what she was called when germinated. Just in case all my summer plants went sideways.

I'll start with the "jar stuffer" Gorilla Glue Auto. I'm not sure on her exact age, when I say neglected- I mean neglected :rofl:.
20221019_182259.jpg

I did finally give her a good look today. Underneath all the deformed leaves, she's got some seriously heavy frost and is extremely sticky.

Moving on to better photos....

My Romulan cross
20221024_183804.jpg
20221024_183753.jpg

And the Amnesia Haze
20221024_183825.jpg
20221024_183833.jpg
Whoa, that Romulan looks like a High Times cover! And yes, she’s a bit neglected. Lol. The Haze though - that’s my sweetie. Bet she’s gonna be amazing. Beautiful buds Rex!

Lookin good rexer! They all look sweet but I do love me some GG.
Thanks Fredwak!
Hope youve been doing well, and thank you for dropping by :)
Stay stoneder.
Oh, soon as they're dried and cured- that will be the order for the day:cheesygrinsmiley:
Whew, caught up. What an embarrassment of riches, and lots of weed too! So the new dehu is impressing you I hope. Love to see some logged data any time you get a chance to compare. Can wait till this crazy time of year is truly done, just curious.
Thanks RD! And thank you for checking out my perpetual journal!
Sure, data is something I like to keep while testing equipment. Here is a week inside the main part of the garage, where the two big 50 gal girls are. This includes, rainy days, cold nights (down to -2C), and a few warm days- so a typical fall in Northern Ontario.

The garage right now is being passively heated from a 1000L water tank that has a 1000W aquarium heater in it, set at 20C. A fee spikes may also be the big barn doors being opened to take them out, or me doing work and going in/out often.
Screenshot_20221025-101829_Govee Home.jpg

I'm looking for a crummy used fridge to do my drying in, 'free picked up' is my target. fingers crossed. Still weeks to go but these things take time.
Look through kijiji, or one of the other sites that are similar. Find one that has been sitting unsold for a long time. Reach out to them, let them know you need a fridge, and that if they need to, you can pick up the fridge if they are looking to donate it to you. Use some of that wonderful eloquence of yours (meant as a serious compliment!).

Sometimes with stuff that doesn't move quickly, they're willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of it. And if they take it to the dump, they get hit with a fee.
I like GG#4 a lot and have some fully vegged ready for bigger SIPs. Anyone intimate with the strain, I'm curious how much size growth I might be looking at during transition.
Ive only grown the strain once, not counting the neglected one in the tent right now. And both mine were/are autos....so I'm not sure if my experience with that cultivar counts...
I might just put the two gg4's in the 5x5 alone as they're not getting any smaller waiting for me. Took some clones in case these are the real deal. Interested in the history of the cultivar if anyone knows some interesting deets.

Thanks for the inspiration Rex. Hey, did you get a decent response to your nute tinkering on the 50 gals? Plus I'm confused about whether they were/are in soil or coco?
Thank you RD!
And considering I've not journaled the 50 gal girls, the confusion is very understandable!
I did it all this summer. The 2 50gal plants are soil.
i did grow one auto outdoors in coco.
Then i did one in my RDWC 100% hydroton.
And lastly, one in DWC.
All were autos, except the two 50 gal soil plants. They were my first soil, and Photoperiod plants. I figured if i was going to do soil- id make it worth my while :cheesygrinsmiley:.
And I only tinkered with the one feeding for the Romulan cross in soil. I gave her a feeding with some FloraNova Bloom, microbes and enzymes.
She spent most of her life being watered from the garden hose.
I looked at the rate she was shedding her fans, and how close to the finish she is- and decided that she was close enough to the finish, that she could safely pull any deficiencies from her leaves, without hurting the overall yield too badly. If at all.

Whoa, that Romulan looks like a High Times cover! And yes, she’s a bit neglected. Lol. The Haze though - that’s my sweetie. Bet she’s gonna be amazing. Beautiful buds Rex!
Thank you Jon! Considering your incredible pictures- I'll take that as high praise!
I was looking at the Haze this morning, I really need to break out that microscope, her pistils are starting to brown up. She also looks like she's swelled up, and is drinking a bit less now.

I'm a little jealous on the Amnesia Haze. After I've had so much Indica here those long slendor leaves are missed.
Good to see the garden growing so well rexer.. that gorilla glue is on my "to do list" and seeds waiting to try
Thanks @423

I hope life has been treating you well!

The Amnesia Haze has been chopped. I gave her the chop this weekend. i did a bud wash, and now all her nugs are drying in my harvest fridge.
While I did leave most of her nugs golf ball size (I was trying to hurry), there wasn't quite as many as I had expected.
There was quite a few fluffier buds, but all her buds were heavily coated in trichs, and smelled like wonderful lemony citrus.

Now I have one monstrous plant, and one smaller auto left and then this grow season is done for me.

This is actually the first sativa leaning hybrid I've grown (I think). Most of mine are indica, as they help the pain the most for me.

Glue was on my list for a ling time as well. After trying it, it's a keeper and a favorite.

Back
Top Bottom