Phototron

sillyputty

I bought a used phototron 5 ($175) and did everything 'by the book': bought the germination kit and followed the pinching and pruning instructions. Only accessory added was the SL-20 center light. Pic was taken during 16 on/8 off cycle, just before changing to 12/12. Quality of harvested material (leaf and tops) has varied from good leaf to bud quality (couldn't finish one joint). What is nice is the smoke quality - none of the harshness associated with leaf, just smooth. :smokin:
Of course, I'd rather be growing with my HID/hydro system, but the tron was a compromise with my partner, plus the power bill is less.

btw, a friend is selling a tron. I want to buy it and use for growing carnivorous plants!

tron2.jpg

wife wouldn't let him grow anymore. What are the odds?

they're probably not so great of him having the wife still ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

My dad had one of those things over 30 years ago. At the time he wasn't impressed and only used it once. He has the optional center light too.

i think they have an updated version as well.

didn't use the machine but we used some of the info they sent with them to help us in some of our very first grows in the late 70's. it used to be super hard to get any information or books on growing back then.

they're probably not so great of him having the wife still ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

i think they have an updated version as well.

didn't use the machine but we used some of the info they sent with them to help us in some of our very first grows in the late 70's. it used to be super hard to get any information or books on growing back then.
He already had a 1000W MH light with a suitcase sized ballast before getting the Phototron. It didn't take him long before going back to the MH, lol.

Back
Top Bottom