Niveks Canuck Kanook: A Perpetual Journey, 2018

I can see you running naked back and forth to garden, Nivek. I mean... actually I can’t see you doing that. But I can imagine you doing that. Not that I would, I mean. Or...I mean - I would do that, but I wouldn’t sit around imagining you doing that. Uhhh.... or something.... :hmmmm: Whoops too late, now I am.
:rofl: Nice entertaining tangle there Weaselcracker:D

Hi nivek - dropping in to check out the grow. Glad you got those mites nuked.

That close up of the GT bud is absolutely gorgeous. Awesome colours and beautiful photo.

:Namaste:

ya know friends, in grade one i was awarded a book at years end for perfect attendance,, never missed a day, or late once.

'moldy the warp',, a mole named moldy i think,,,,1963, grade one, miss bradshaw,, forget the school name now.

hmm, hard to believe

i think that book is the object that i have had in my possession the longest of anything in my life

miss bradshaw could be the same teacher that actually put me over her knee to spank,, i suppress most of those memories tho

so,, fall only a week away,, but here weather wise now, and lately,,

my lovely lemon skunk plant outside is just that,, lovely.

P1170286.JPG

and a lemon skunk as well

easily the trichomiest strain i have grown so far,, and i love all them curlies goin on there,, and i know it is a strain trait because i have one of these growing indoors as well

P1170283.JPG

and it has curlies too

lemon skunk

i took some pics today,, so be it,,

another thing to show,, in my veg room,, a shelf above my light panel

P1170276.JPG

i sometimes feel a bit silly for my collections in here,, what will they ever come to i wonder?? nuttin

this is a itty bit of some of the earliest plants i have grown,,, the oldest one,, covered a bit by that cord, is oct 2015,, a buddha auto

every once in a while i will pull a jar down and indulge,, most of it dry as a bone,, poor quality to begin with cuz i was a rookie then,, but fun as heck to pick and choose which to treat me and the missus to

speaking of oldest,, a couple of other old things in that pic above,, to the left, above the red bbq lighter,, a small pewter egg cup thingy,, bot at auction, supposed to be medeival,, with a bit of evil thrown in as a bonus, i was told

but not the oldest, nope,, in the egg cup,, hard to see, but a bird shaped object,, see the holes on top,, it is a music pipe,, acquired legally in somewhere, it is mayan,, oops, a clue there,, or supposed to be,, in mint shape,, and, as i tested,, it is in perfect pitch,, the key of 'c',, a truly wonderful object,, most worthy of much more of my attention

also in the pic, below the buddha auto dead center is the surviving pieces of the earliest cobs,, malawi style cobs, i have made,, the tiny chunk in the center from the very first one,, cobbed april first this year,, no jokin either

so i will be back later to chat up some cobs further,, bugs,,, creams and oils,, and gardening in general

thanks friends,, cheers to ya

:volcano-smiley:

:rofl: Nice entertaining tangle there Weaselcracker:D

Hi nivek - dropping in to check out the grow. Glad you got those mites nuked.

That close up of the GT bud is absolutely gorgeous. Awesome colours and beautiful photo.

cheers gardener gardner

nice comments,, appreciated,,

oh, the bugs,, well, still a work in progress indeed,, i may require the nuclear solution yet,, ha

:thanks:

Wow your plant and bud pics are amazing. Your sticker idea is awesome I may do something like it.

heya Cav,, cheers to ya,, as mikey says,, 'i like it too',, or was that a soap commercial once,, oh sheesh,,

Graytail and others have built them to get the sky of light they desire nivek. I think this may be right up your alley. On one of Graytail’s recent pages (in the past week) he posted a reprint of an overview of the many points of light by Icemud, our go-to for light learnin’. I think you’d enjoy that read.

thanks Sue,, another work in progress,, so many lights, so much information

you know,, there is something to be said for having toooo much information,, internet,, ya listening,,,, information overload,, and what is accurate, probably not even this

cheers Sue,, :thanks:

Hey... I forgot... gnats come in with the peat moss most of the time. Potting soil is problematic for the same reason.

you know,, i knew i read this somewhere,, but i completely forgot where

most valuable information, as usual Sue,, thanks

they just very occasionally show up out of nowhere,, so i assume the eggs must randomly show up in certain pots and the rest is disastrous history

new peat moss on my list

cheers, and reps

so, i joined the malawi cobbing revolution right there with the rest of the early 420 pioneers, not tang, he been there forever with his crew.

i have cobbed a bit of every harvest since april first

P1170287.JPG

i don't have it all left anymore because it has been my personal smoke/vape since i started

i dont use corn husks, i use used volcano vaporizer bags,, basically food grade oven bags

the bags i use have been used by us to vape our goods so they are pre conditioned with a nice layer of vape vapour stuff,, but come pretty much clear when i use them for cobbing

the center bag, the stained one, is beyond belief for the fantastic colour it has absorbed. that colour can not be reproduced i dont think,, simply beautiful

now,, that particular stained bag is fresh unwrapped from a blueberry cob that has been brewing for 75 days,, and the bag wrapper was used for the first cob i made, so it has been double stained

superb

the little chunks down below

P1170287-1.jpg

are remnants of the first of my cobbing

the middle one, og kush,, is all that remains of my very first cob. hard as a rock

the blueberry there came from the only cob i made out of a corn husk,, and there is the corn husk too,, and oooh that wrapper colour,, delicious indeed

heya ditcher,, cheers friend,, so good to have you visit

i do pop into your grow now and then, pretty quiet about it tho,, i know you have expanded a bit and i hope to chat you up about it a bit as i am undergoing an upgrade myself,, tho slowly

cheers agin friend,, chat soon

woody,, cheers friend

still the prettiest plants and pics around friend,,

nice to see you here,, thanks for stoppin by

P1170311.JPG

some unseasonably cool evenings and overnighters has given my outdoor lemon skunk a truly outstanding patina,, indeed

each evening it gets more purple,, updates on this colour fest to come,, cheers friends

Mind if I join nivek?

the honour would be all mine sir,, please chime in with all ya gots,, or anything at all,, but, please

stay off the roads, pls,, fore ya done it agin,, ha

cheeers magoo

Lovely color happening nivek.

Cheers.

thanks friend,, you should see now,, a couple more days of cool nights and the change is awesome,, oh,, hang on ditcher,,

P1170312-1.jpg

gosh i just love that colour change,, i am so looking forward to seeing where this goes,, tho, i am wondering if the cool eves have reduced the growth pace,, just beginning to wonder,, i do that

cheers friend

Hi Nivek been enjoying your journals and photo's for a long time. Do you mind if I sub up and sit over there in the corner. :popcorn:

Cobbing in oven bags is very interesting to me. Corn husks are like rocking horse poo over this side of the pond, really hard to come by or super expensive. Have bought packets back from the US, a fair few times in the past for making tamales.

I really like tamales. I might like cobbing, but my wife makes mean tamales and I really like them. I think the oven bags might be the way to go :laugh:.

So you use the bags just like you would husks? I'll give that a try next harvest.

To be honest I had a rush of excitement that it might work the other way round, oven bags for tamales. Been out of cornhusks for quite some time, the wife burst that bubble. :confused:

Hi Nivek been enjoying your journals and photo's for a long time. Do you mind if I sub up and sit over there in the corner. :popcorn:

Cobbing in oven bags is very interesting to me. Corn husks are like rocking horse poo over this side of the pond, really hard to come by or super expensive. Have bought packets back from the US, a fair few times in the past for making tamales.

I really like tamales. I might like cobbing, but my wife makes mean tamales and I really like them. I think the oven bags might be the way to go :laugh:.

So you use the bags just like you would husks? I'll give that a try next harvest.

To be honest I had a rush of excitement that it might work the other way round, oven bags for tamales. Been out of cornhusks for quite some time, the wife burst that bubble. :confused:

hola pina,, cute kitty pic,, your kitty??

i have a volcano vaporizer vape machine and i have saved and accumulated several bags over the last few years,, just never threw them out,, thot i could salvage the vape coatings all over the inside of the bag one day,,

so i use those bags,, even in tangs original chart,, his graphic one, it suggests using food grade oven bags as a substitute for corn husks, and at the time of doing my first cobs, in kelowna, i could not locate any corn at all,, so i used the bags, and have not looked back since,,

ditto on the tomales,, best ones i had were in port aransis texas,, sry texans for the spelling

cheerrs pina,,

Gorgeous fade on that girl, good job Nivek

thanks pdub,, cheers to yas,,

this is my favorite plant ever so far,, and improving colour wise every day,, updates to come indeed

like this one,, same plant,,

a tiny peek at the frostiest leaves i have ever seen in a plant,, upper right

Back
Top Bottom