Mack Meets Cinderella In Soil - A Love Story In Flux

Just for kicks, I zoomed in on one of the bud photos. Holy crap! I did not expect to see so many amber trichomes on the sugar leaves so soon.

09-04-00-95_days_5_JPG_-_Photos.png

Yah, I agree. Next time I water, I'll run a few gallons of water through to bring that way down.

I misread the breeder's description of flower time. They say 8-9 weeks rather than 7-8. I was getting all excited and then splat! But I'll scope her anyway (maybe this weekend!) and let her tell me when she's done.

Those trichomes are looking good. One thing I noticed with LEDs is that I can get false ambers depending on how the light hits it. So I generally turn my LEDs off and turn on CFLs and do my trichome checks under the CFLs. Not sure if anyone else has issues with that, but I do.

Good to know! Thanks. When I bust out the scope, I'll get a better idea where she's at.

Yeah I started to use the loupe on my cell phone to get an idea and then if they are looking amber, i snip off a bit of a bud that is showing amber and I bring it down and check it under the microscope. Much more accurate that trusting what you see in a tent under LEDs.

Yeah I started to use the loupe on my cell phone to get an idea and then if they are looking amber, i snip off a bit of a bud that is showing amber and I bring it down and check it under the microscope. Much more accurate that trusting what you see in a tent under LEDs.
Do you take from the most developed bud or random?

I had a few minutes to kill, so I decided to take a few trichome pictures. Under the bright light of the scope, they look pretty clear to me, which is a relief, considering she's only been in flower for 6 weeks. :)

SingleShot00102.jpg

SingleShot00081.jpg

SingleShot00121.jpg

Do you take from the most developed bud or random?

I take three or four snips from a few different locations and take a look. I kind of use the average to base my decisions. Keep in mind, you could always harvest the upper stuff first and let the lower go for another week or so if you wanted.

Honestly I haven't really found a huge difference in harvest times for the strains I ran. I even spread the harvests of 4 ATF plants out over 20 days to see if there was much difference. I took the first one about 5 days early, one about on time, one about 5 days later, and lastly one 5 days after that. I can only really notice a difference if I smoke the earliest vs the latest. Other than that, I can't really tell much of a difference. So my advice based off my limited experience is err on the side of letting them go just a little longer. Usually your yield will benefit from an extra week or two.

That's really interesting! Thank you. I'd been afraid of harvesting too early or too late, unsure what sort of window of perfection I had. Was it two days? A week?

For my previous harvests, I was too excited to wait, but this time, I feel more patient. Hell, I've waited this long, what's another week? Hah. It's not like I'm running out of weed...

Today, Katya the C99 turns 7 weeks in flower. Some of her colas are too heavy for her to hold up, so I'll run out to the garden shop for either yoyos or a peony cage. She was looking droopy, and her pot was light, though I could feel a tiny bit of moisture a "deep inch" under the surface. Still, it's been a week since she got any water, so I gave her 2 gallons of plain tap water.

Gallon#1
IN: pH=6.53
OUT: pH=5.90 PPM=716
Gallon#2
IN: pH=6.52
OUT: pH=5.89 PPM=765 <-- go figure

I'll probably put her under the scope later today, just to see. I don't expect to find her ready to harvest.

99_3_days.JPG

99_3_days_2.JPG

Thanks, Sofa! I'm getting excited about harvesting in another week or two! :D

1:00 PM - Wrestled her into a tomato cage. Had to remove her tie-downs from the original LST. Probably should've done it long before now, but… Anyway, her floppy colas are no longer floppy. Some were left as is because they were fine. Others were tied loosely to the cage ring with gardening wire to help them stand upright. Got sticky all over my fingers. Mmmmm that smell!

99_3_days_4.jpg

Love it!! Great looking colas! I entered a big Cinderella nug in the nug of the month contest... have a look... do your flowers look like mine? I find they are shaped a bit weird... the contest I think ends tonight so check the archives or wherever they go once they are done! Lol! Can't wait to see you total wet and dry weights and smoke report! ..

Wow, she is progressing nicely Mac! Shouldn't be much longer! I am excited for you sista!! Its a terrible thing when your buds are too heavy to stand up on their own....I hate when I have floppage!

The C99 turned 15 weeks old today (7.5 weeks in flower). She's spent exactly half her life under 12/12! Scoped her trichomes and saw mostly clear ones. She might need 9 weeks to finish, but we'll see. I'll scope her every few days until they cloudy up and her calyxes plump up.

99_6_days.JPG

99_6_days_1.JPG

SingleShot00023.jpg

SingleShot00007.jpg

It's really hard not to stand in front of the tent and peer through the window at her. "Maybe I should scope a few more buds, just in case." LOL

Back
Top Bottom