KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

:popcorn:

re: KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

I have struggled with several issues that have prohibited beginning this Grow Journal and Review earlier. When I designed the Aeroponic Grow System I designed 2 sprayers per grow site as a redundancy in case of clogged sprayers. After the first time a water pump failed to supply water to the sprayer lines due to contaminants that clogged the yellow mist sprayers and lines I have switched 50% so far to red 360° sprayers that clog less easily and can be cleared of obstructions much more easily. Unfortunately the contaminants have continued to clog sprayer feed lines and sprayers and are not filtered out by the stock filters included with the water pumps. I am unable to completely clean out the nutrient reservoir, sprayer feed lines and sprayers of contaminants without completely disassembling the Aeroponic Grow System without the plants in the Aeroponic Grow System. I have added 1 water pump per grow tube to build redundancy and safety into Aeroponic Grow System but this has also raised the nutrient reservoir temperature and necessitated the used of the EcoPlus 1/10 HP Water Chiller to reduce the nutrient reservoir temperature to optimum growth ranges. The roots from the plants grow very vigorously in the Aeroponic Grow System and have often clogged nutrient return lines to the reservoir and caused water to overflow from the tubes. I must trim the roots that clog the nutrient return lines to the reservoir often to avoid water overflow from the tubes. The Aeroponic Grow System should have been designed with less slope angle to avoid water overflowing from the far end of the tubes due to clogs from root growth. I shall be changing in more of the sprayers to green 180° sprayers for the end supply lines and red 360° sprayers replacing the other remaining 50% of the yellow mist sprayers for the remaining sprayers. In the future I shall use EcoPlus Small & Large Pump Filter Bags to better filter out contaminants from entering the water pump, feed lines and sprayers to avoid these water supply problems.

https://www.sunlightsupply.com EcoPlus Small & Large Pump Filter Bag

In my journal I've have had two plants in one 20ltr tote tub . I had a divider in the tub to avoid tangled roots . Hopefully to separate them into my dwc system . But the roots became tangled anyway . So my question is ? . Is it ok to cut the roots back a wee bit . So I can separate them .

Yes you can trim a small portion of your roots in your Deep Water Culture system to separate the root systems.

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The Active Eye Growroom Glasses color is a little blue but you can see the leaves and read your plants health very well under the LED light panels.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

in

The information on cutting back the roots to separate the plant's . Has been very useful indeed . I knew that it was possible in other mediums but in hydroponics I didn't know it could be done . A few years ago I put two well established plants in the same tub in a hydroponic solution and the two root masses killed each other and the plants . When I asked someone who I trusted on the subject he said roots in hydro don't like being messed with and the two root masses would always kill each other . Unless they started together and then and only then would they live side by side . So since then I have never messed with the root system . I know these are different problems but I never wanted to hurt my plants again or worse still kill them . So thanks again for sharing your knowledge with my kjc as you are someone I trust .

I have struggled with several issues that have prohibited beginning this Grow Journal and Review earlier. When I designed the Aeroponic Grow System I designed 2 sprayers per grow site as a redundancy in case of clogged sprayers. After the first time a water pump failed to supply water to the sprayer lines due to contaminants that clogged the yellow mist sprayers and lines I have switched 50% so far to red 360° sprayers that clog less easily and can be cleared of obstructions much more easily. Unfortunately the contaminants have continued to clog sprayer feed lines and sprayers and are not filtered out by the stock filters included with the water pumps. I am unable to completely clean out the nutrient reservoir, sprayer feed lines and sprayers of contaminants without completely disassembling the Aeroponic Grow System without the plants in the Aeroponic Grow System. I have added 1 water pump per grow tube to build redundancy and safety into Aeroponic Grow System but this has also raised the nutrient reservoir temperature and necessitated the used of the EcoPlus 1/10 HP Water Chiller to reduce the nutrient reservoir temperature to optimum growth ranges. The roots from the plants grow very vigorously in the Aeroponic Grow System and have often clogged nutrient return lines to the reservoir and caused water to overflow from the tubes. I must trim the roots that clog the nutrient return lines to the reservoir often to avoid water overflow from the tubes. The Aeroponic Grow System should have been designed with less slope angle to avoid water overflowing from the far end of the tubes due to clogs from root growth. I shall be changing in more of the sprayers to green 180° sprayers for the end supply lines and red 360° sprayers replacing the other remaining 50% of the yellow mist sprayers for the remaining sprayers. In the future I shall use EcoPlus Small & Large Pump Filter Bags to better filter out contaminants from entering the water pump, feed lines and sprayers to avoid these water supply problems.

https://www.sunlightsupply.com EcoPlus Small & Large Pump Filter Bag

I designed my aeroponics system to avoid these problems , by using the Gen Hydro rainforest units with the Vortex sprayers there are no sprayers to get clogged , and by using 2" pvc return lines its rare to have them clogged completly.

I know your big on GH nutes , but for your aeroponics system I would suggest using a line of nutes that is designed for high performance water culture , and discontinue products like Florablend that have chunks in it.

I have switched to Current Cultures Cultured solutions line designed for the Undercurrent system

Cultured Solutions Info | Current Culture H2O

These nutes are clean , no sediment or gunk. and with their roots additive , organic sterilizer , my system stays super clean.

you wouldn't have to worry about clogged sprayers with this line. :)

:goodjob: Really happy to see you do a high performance hydro journal. +reps

Vegetative Day 75

Since the addition if the EcoPlus 1/10 HP Water Chiller and the Sierra Natural Science SNS-CO2 Kits I have seen an increase in growth from the plants.

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_023.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_014.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_010.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_011.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_012.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_013.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_015.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_016.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_017.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_018.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_019.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_020.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Green_Sun_LED_Lights_Znet4_Aeroponic_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_021.JPG

EcoPlus 1/10 HP Chiller - Perfect Gardens

SNS-Natural Fertilizers, Pesticides, Weed Killer & Nutrients

man that's allot of green in such a small area ..:bravo:

cant wait till they start to flower.. im about to order a few of those co2 bags to try out !!!

Nice :volcano-smiley:

Vegetative Day 77

I spent several hours working in Grow Bay #2 today.

I changed out the end sprayers to green 180° sprayers, cleared all the current red 360° sprayers of clogs, changed out all of the remaining yellow mist sprayers for red 360° sprayers.

I defoliated some lower growth and removed several large fan leaves to open up more light to the nodes where tops and colas grow from on the plants today.

I changed the nutrient reservoir to flowering nutrients today with a nutrient solution consisting of 4 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 8 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 2.5 milliliters per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

I double checked my all of the equipment and their settings in preparation for flower.

I changed my timer to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness and placed Grow Bay #2 into darkness. Tomorrow will be the first day of flower.

woohoo flip...now its time for some action!!

Healthy girls. Areoponics is something I've never tried. From what I heard it's suppose to be the fastest grow method around. Just touchy with things like PPM and PH. Cool setup. Keepem Green

A very cool guy named @koolkat once built a 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts whose Grow Journal I followed. After seeing the results that @koolkat had with his 4" Aeroponic system I had to build one and I designed my 6" Aeroponic Grow System. I read just the nutrient mixtures pH daily back to optimum growth ranges.

Back
Top Bottom