Base nutrients
Micro 12ml
Grow 12ml
Bloom 12ml
Bloom nutrients
Big Bud 6ml
Bud Candy 6ml
My nutrients are PH balanced.
`Temps dipped into the 30's last night, not good I am running out of time.

Hi Keith. You are asking about mold…I see remnants of baking soda perhaps, but I am wondering if you have powdery Mildew. Kinda looks a little like the small amount I had this season. I believe the citric spray recipe will help with that, but you have to do it early when the sun is not shining on them so they can dry before it hits them. the pistils in the pics you shared do look pretty brown - can you get a better shot of them and also what exactly did you decide to spray them with?

I used water baking soda and a little soap. But I did not check the PH of the water. I will hit them with citric acid tomorrow because it is too late to do it now. The water I use is the same I water them with and that is 7.0. The sun does not get to hot this time of year. Ya tomorrow I will use citric acid tomorrow morning. Mix 1 gallon of water to 11/4 teaspoon citric acid and a little soap.

Yep. We had Metric in school decades ago and for the most part there was no need to know it. The last 30 years or so it became almost impossible to buy anything, except maybe gasoline at the pump, that did not have the metric amount listed on the bottle or box. More and more food recipes will have the ingredient amounts in metric. Some bread, cake and pastry baking groups use nothing but metric and often the flour and dry ingredients are weighed out in grams.

Then there is measuring by grain but I do not target or competitively shoot anymore.

Back to Metric and Imperial. If I can consistently get 5 grams of Citric Acid by measuring 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of the Citric Acid then I will use that same set of measuring spoons since they are easier to get out than going to the closet to get the box and taking out the scale.;)

But still a lot of US citizens who cannot get used to measuring in Metric.
Have you heard of the Royale with cheese?

My buds are turning brown
Probably the baking soda spray.

Mix 1 gallon of water to 11/4 teaspoon citric acid and a little soap.
I'm not sure where you're getting 1 1/4 teaspoons from unless it's here:
If I can consistently get 5 grams of Citric Acid by measuring 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of the Citric Acid
That's for 500ml of water not a gallon.

Goes to show why liquid ounces are a much more difficult way to measure percentage solutions, and every kitchen scale will do grams.

And you're already dealing in metric with your nutes. ;)

Probably the baking soda spray.

Goes to show why liquid ounces are a much more difficult way to measure percentage solutions, and every kitchen scale will do grams.

And you're already dealing in metric with your nutes. ;)
Thanks for the correction

Yes, most likely from my earlier messages without reading all the way through.

I did mention that I measured several times to verify that 1 and 1/4 teaspoons would consistently weigh out to 5 grams of the Citric Acid that I had bought. The size and shape of the crystals of Citric Acid will help determine how much they pack together. Smaller crystals will pack tighter and the 1 and 1/4 teaspoon can end up weighing more. Verify and verify again.

And something else I mentioned.

All of this was brought up in the follow-up messages after the original message where the Imperial measurements were used.

Thank You I finally got citric acid and a teaspoon works for me, I do not want to pull out my scale I used for reloading.
How did you verify that 1 teaspoon of the Citric Acid you bought weighed out to 5 grams without using a scale?

As @InTheShed mentioned most kitchen scales can weigh in grams; at least all the digital kitchen scales I have bought or looked at since the late 1980s will let me select between ounces or grams.
Please check out the pictures, either the mold is gone, and baking soda residue is left behind or I still have mold.
Or both. It does look like you have baking soda residue and some Powdery Mildew scars on the leaves. I call the areas where the Powdery Mildew died off as scars. Those areas still have what looks like some PM but it does not wipe off. Something else InTheShed bought up.

I used water baking soda and a little soap. But I did not check the PH of the water. I will hit them with citric acid tomorrow because it is too late to do it now.
As long as you realize that the Baking Soda mix that you applied yesterday and the Citric Acid spray you are thinking of using today will neutralize each other. That takes you back to square one.

Stick with one unless it is not working to your satisfaction. At that time you can try the other.

Thank you Intheshed and Smokingwings I will make enough citric acid to do a couple applications. I will also measure using less not more CA. I am not building an aircraft but still need to take it easy on the CA. What do you guys think about the brown pistils? How will I tell when to harvest? I do not have a microscope just a 30x glass so I can'nt see the trichomes close enough. I really appreciate the help.

How did you verify that 1 teaspoon of the Citric Acid you bought weighed out to 5 grams without using a scale?

As @InTheShed mentioned most kitchen scales can weigh in grams; at least all the digital kitchen scales I have bought or looked at since the late 1980s will let me select between ounces or grams.

Or both. It does look like you have baking soda residue and some Powdery Mildew scars on the leaves. I call the areas where the Powdery Mildew died off as scars. Those areas still have what looks like some PM but it does not wipe off. Something else InTheShed bought up.

As long as you realize that the Baking Soda mix that you applied yesterday and the Citric Acid spray you are thinking of using today will neutralize each other. That takes you back to square one.

Stick with one unless it is not working to your satisfaction. At that time you can try the other.
The baking soda is not working, and I hit it several times so I will try citric acid using a little less citric acid to 500ml water. My plant may not make harvestable stage due to the weather getting too cold, so I am going to school on this PM. I am trying to suck up as much knowledge as I can. All this will help me next year and years to come. My toolbox is filling up.

I just checked my buds for trichomes color. I only have a 30x glass and the best I can tell is they are not clear and are mushroomed. I cannot see any color yet. My dam pistils are all brown so I cannot use them as an indicator of when it will be ready for harvest. I am still praying I get a harvest. I have to hold off on the citric acid as it is going to shower here, but the PM does not look really bad in fact it looks better than yesterday. May the Bud gods look down on me. I need all the help I can get.

Back
Top Bottom