Indoor closet grow (floro's)

ECUsBestBud

This plant is about a week and a half old, and under two sets of four foot floresents, and 3 100w cfl's

100B0920.jpg

100_09123.jpg

100_09332.jpg

100_09134.jpg

am i doin anything i shouldn't be?

What nutes do yall suggest other than fish emulsion every 3 weeks during veg.?

Re: Indoor closet grow (floro's)=(

.Do you plan on using floresants for the entire grow?:Rasta:

yeah, I also have 3 100w CFL's that i just set up below the plant. I will be using these to flower also (unfortunately)

Is there a more powerful light that would help out my yield that wouldnt run up my bill too much???

yeah, how much would a 250watt hps run me a month?

im not worried about the price of the ballast and shit, just the electricity bill...

I'm not real sure?maybe an extra 20 bucks a month?But nothing alarming for sure especially going into the winter months.Any one else have a Better Idea of how much electricity a 250watt hps uses a month?

I am just guessing but I think he is more worried about attetntion from the fuzz with an increased electric bill than the actual cost. What we should all remmember is that a normal bedroom can run up to a 1000watts (thats per bedroom) before you will see alarming hikes in your bill. Aslong as you use good heat sheild around your grow area (I recomend panda paper) you should be fine with a 400 - 600 Watt HPS. and yea it may kick your bill up slightly but no more that 30 bucks. And the difference in yeild you will get will be amazing. You will have some just basic good weed to smoke from the CFL's but with HPS you will have shit that looks straight from the centerfolds of hightimes. It is the same felony either way so grow the very best pot you can. The most important thing is not your electric bill or them bei:ng able to see heat from the air. If you don't wanna get caught don't tell anyone. No one. Not your girl, not your brother, not your best friend. If you wanna show them something show the the amazing herb you just grew right under their nose. Best of luck. smoke2:

thanks man, im gonna go check out this superthrive stuff today

i have tinfoil i put up next to the lights, i just didnt have it up for the pic.

Ill set up the cfl's and take a pic. I transplanted her(hopefully) into a 1.5 gallon flowerpot, will that be large enough for a big plant or should i get bigger?

ill post more pics up here in the next hour or so

thanks for the help bb223

bluebox223 said:
i think i forgot to mention that theres not N-P-K in it which your plant is gonna need soon, what kind of soil are you using? did you just get it from your backyard or did you buy some? as for your fish emulsion what are the N-P-K ratings? talk to ya later good luck

What is my plant gonna need soon? lol you lost me

i used some all purpose soil. Not to sure what one exactly.

The fish emulsion's N-P-K ratings are 5-1-1

wow dude... thanks

im gonna go to home depot tomorrow and pick up some stuff

you seem to know alot about growing.. new to 420times? Only 14 posts

lookin pretty good man!

P.S. the HPS with a MH conversion bulb is amazing (i only use 400watt) and the difference in billing is negligible with very impressive results
(i think i worked out the billing once and the difference is close to $12 a month CA)

yeah a 250watt "can" flower 4 females.

but not to MAX potential... u would have to combine with another source for max!!

that is... only if you want max potential... (in the end a 250w addition to what you have now is still a decent investment.)

fuck yeah haha

1 more ?, on my own thread haha..

umm.. Can they be seen frm the sky? Choppers fly over here every day

k this is what i would do...i went with a 400watt for cabinet grows..because a 600wt would create too much heat. Also 2x250 watts in a closet might not fit as well as a single 400watt would.

If you are growing in a closet i would go with a 400watt (unless it's a pretty damn big closet)

Also do this...check your local energy provider for residential electricty rates. When you get this rate (normally cents per KWh) multiply the (# of hours a day you will be running the light for) X (number of days in the month) X(wattage of light) = KWh a month...then you can use the rate to multiply the cost (in cents) by this KWh value.

let me know if that was too wordy

what about the heat frm the infared cameras on helicopters. They fly over my house 2+ times a day

Idk what for... might be lifeflight, im close to the hospital lol

a 400watt won't be noticeable especially if you are able to keep the temp down in and around the closet.. Think about this..you need the closet to be around 77F. At this temp inside if you insulate the top of the cabinet there is NO way a helicopter can find a single 400watt light source (the heat is too diffused) now if you had multiple 1000watt lamps then you might have a problem

I thought I herd the cops cant do that anymore bec its a invasion of privacy to look into peoples homes with there infer red cams.

Another rule of thumb i use about plant size and pot size is. one gallon per foot, so if your using a one gallon pot, your plant when its finished is only a foot tall when budded out.

Torco55 said:
I thought I herd the cops cant do that anymore bec its a invasion of privacy to look into peoples homes with there infer red cams...

Indeed, the Supreme Court has ruled that electronic surveillance measures, taken without a proper warrent, such as infrared scans, are an invasion of privacy and there for constitutes as illegal search and seizure.

Back
Top Bottom