Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

Damn that’s thick! (That’s what she said!) Seriously though just when you got that attic as maxed out as we thought you could, you totally took it even further.

Project 26 is kicking ass!!
Awesome update!

And yeah...always good for a laugh!

藍藍藍

Thanks bro. I'm not saying it's thick but I thought I saw bigfoot...

Peace, Hyena

Happy Friday!

Time for a PROJECT 26 UPDATE!

Got to check in on the secret garden in the hidden lab for about five minutes very early this morning. Here's what I saw:

20171110_075129.jpg

I was almost afraid to go in. :morenutes:

The stretch is leveling off for most of the canopy but that's really because I busted almost every tall branch over and they are all horizontal now...the amount of branches is staggering.

The left sidelight works nicely and I can already see a response locally.

20171110_075146.jpg

I could see adding a similar light bank on the front too, maybe three more units. Holy crap it would be bright in here!

Flowering is commencing nicely everywhere!

20171110_075332_c.jpg

Pretty much looks like this on every plant regardless of variety. A very encouraging dusting of early frost!

This room is going to be a floral wonderland.

Left side is still going nuts especially in the middle under that killer LED:

20171110_075236.jpg

Most of that center mass is one of the Blueberries (or both, I keep forgetting there's two in every pot). Blue Hyena Generation 3 (front) and Jack Herrer Generation about 250 in back. That side lighting is going to really help bulk it up over there.

The right side isn't lagging, but I was very aggressive with the supercropping over here and the whole mass is about 75% sideways branches. That will pay off now as every square inch of this canopy is going to produce buds.

20171110_075245.jpg

That little midget Holy Grail is still a pretty, if short, plant...

20171110_075306.jpg

PH, holding nicely in the 5.8 range, average room temps holding just under 70.

I turned the heater thermostat up a little more, I want to see 70 or a little higher now that the outside temps are dipping below freezing overnight.

As I exit the attic, temperature 36 F, it's hard to imagine that somewhere in there is an oasis of lush tropical greenery...

20171110_080142.jpg

I can hardly believe it myself...

Oh well, back to real life.

See you soon.

Peace, Hyena

Good Friday to u my man!! Looks fantastic as ever!! So u say freezing tonight well guess there is gonna some massive SNOW next time u go up!! Lol!! Love how u keep things dialed in. Everything is just perfect! I would love to step away from the family and sneak into my hidden lush Utopia of frosty Flowers!!!!

Good Friday to u my man!! Looks fantastic as ever!! So u say freezing tonight well guess there is gonna some massive SNOW next time u go up!! Lol!! Love how u keep things dialed in. Everything is just perfect! I would love to step away from the family and sneak into my hidden lush Utopia of frosty Flowers!!!!

Yes it's a total pleasure but one I still enjoy only sparingly. I can't believe I have maintained my secret for years now but it's probably because I am very careful...I would put a TV in there and just make it my office if I could!

It's funny as hell that so many people know but my wife and kid don't. Shhhhh...

Peace, Hyena

Happy Sunday! :high-five:

Here's the PROJECT 26 UPDATE!

We are ten weeks into this project. Technically 72 days since I stuck dry seeds into plugs.

I have had some really nice grows in my day but I'm not sure I have ever had one go as smooth as this one, nor one that produced such lushness at this point.

It hit almost 100 degrees when these little gals were seedlings...it reinforces that seedlings through about four weeks can take very high temps. I also believe we now have proven, from Project 25, that sustained temps over 90 degrees F are death to the proper development of buds.

So there it is. Temperature is huge.

Look what optimal temps during prime time can do...these are all between 4-5 feet tall...

20171112_101651.jpg

This is really getting fun!

The double planting is, in my mind, a success...the plants don't seem to be crowding each other out, if anything there was much less need to SCROG and only a couple SCROG sessions was enough to completely cover the grid. The growers goal with a defined space is always to simply maximize the space. As I found out last time around, the canopy can become TOO dense, and I wonder if I'm approaching full or even over-saturation? Who fucking cares...there will soon be 2+ pounds of the best pot ever grown!

SO, I will be double planting from now on!

The left side intrigues me at this point...does supplemental side light really do much of anything?

20171112_101712.jpg

From the looks of this I think it's going to. Everybody over here is certainly reacting to the new light source as one would expect. It's nice to see the girls taking a general interest in the additional light and now let's see if some monster colas develop over here...

Got some branches that still want to stretch...calm down bitches...

20171112_101736.jpg

I'm only allowing this because I want a few giganormous vertical colas for photographic purposes.

I will slam the monthly photo contest ere long..count on it! I am soooooo anxious to take adorable pix of my babies and yet it will be at least five or six more weeks before everything is really ready for prime time. Patience, grasshopper...

But here it comes.

20171112_101808.jpg

If growing top-shelf cannabis were any easier...well, it couldn't be.

Fucking cool. Cold one. Fatty. Have a great week!

Peace, Hyena

It's Tuesday, and here's a report...

20171114_090136.jpg

Speaks for itself I guess.

The flowers are really starting to thicken as wave two of flowering is coming in.

20171114_090145.jpg

Stop stretching already! A few still not getting the message...

Directly under the GS1000 LE are the Blueberry sistas who are looking like they are serious about this.

20171114_090246.jpg

Blueberry. Mmmmmmmm! Of course, LED lights are imparting a lot of the color but the frostation of the leaves is down right wintry!

The left side is now my fascination as I watch what happens with added side lighting.

20171114_090214.jpg

It seems like it's thickening after a few days of re-orientation towards this new source of food. Could be fun as it already looks like it is doing something.

Middle growth is what I'm looking to enhance. Getting good middle development all through the hedge.

20171114_090236.jpg

I'm starting to think we may finish by Christmas after all...

20171114_090252.jpg

Meanwhile, I just live my life below. I have learned to forget about the lab most days and I can in part because I've been doing this awhile and I don't feel as frantic about needing to spend time with my precious plants. I've learned that I'm actually giving them what they really need, and truly protecting them, by not going in there. All bad things in your grow room come in because of you and less time spent in there the better.

It's hard to resist. But a good grower has to.

They are my babies. That's why I check on them with a baby monitor.

20171114_084928.jpg

Gives me the temperature and I can see them moving slightly so the fan is working. Awww, they're so cute!

It uses an encrypted digital signal so nobody can look into my grow lab except me. Even though I only have to pop in there a couple times a week I need to monitor everything at all times and with this nifty gadget I always can.

On we bloom. I added some bloom booster and we'll see if it does much. They seem pretty bloomy already.

Have a groovy week!

Peace, Hyena

Is the Blueberry a Kush?

Yes! A strong and fragrant Indica, here's what Leafly says:

A true A-List cannabis strain. Blueberry’s legendary status soared to new heights after claiming the High Times’ Cannabis Cup 2000 for Best Indica. The long history of the strain is traced back to the late 1970s when American breeder DJ Short was working with a variety of exotic landrace strains. However, throughout the decades of Blueberry’s cultivation the genetics have been passed around, due in large part to DJ Short working with multiple seed banks and breeders. The sweet flavors of fresh blueberries combine with relaxing effects to produce a long-lasting sense of euphoria. Many medical patients appreciate Blueberry for its ability to suppress pain and relieve stress, while connoisseurs and growers admire the strain for its colorful hues and high THC content.

It looks wicked at only 4 weeks or so into flower. Excited to see how these buds are gonna look!

Peace, Hyena

Hey H.M.

It's really filling up in there. Buds are in second growth, and the trichomes are already insane. And all that with the bado hempy buckets. Reps to you! Simply Amazing!

Hey H.M.

It's really filling up in there. Buds are in second growth, and the trichomes are already insane. And all that with the bado hempy buckets. Reps to you! Simply Amazing!

Thanks Bode!

I guess you bake cookies enough times you learn how to bake. :grinjoint:

Stay tuned!

Peace, Hyena

Hyena is your Blueberry from DJ short, or is it from a different breeder

I guess they're all from DJ Short at some point...

But no, from Crop King I think.

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom