Hutch's First Grow: Amnesia Haze Auto In ProMix HP

Amnesia has been drying for four days. The buds are crispy on the outside and pliable. Stem does not snap when bent but it seems close. The ambient humidity is 49% and the humidity in the box is 54%.

I'm not understanding what is going on. If the rh is supposed to be 62% have I blown it?

all of the roots were still in the 2" pot

Someone else posted a pic of the same situation (don't recall who)-the peat pot had hardened,and the roots couldn't get out-I've never used peat pots,never will after hearing your story,and seeing the hardened pot.
Although,your plant did real well,considering the restricted roots.
Just keep doing the "snap test" and your drying will come out fine-I have put some in the jars a tad too wet-which can be fixed pretty easily-I always watch them pretty close for the first few days in the jar anyway-too dry is another story-once they're too dry,they're just too dry...

Someone else posted a pic of the same situation (don't recall who)-the peat pot had hardened,and the roots couldn't get out-I've never used peat pots,never will after hearing your story,and seeing the hardened pot.
Although,your plant did real well,considering the restricted roots.
Just keep doing the "snap test" and your drying will come out fine-I have put some in the jars a tad too wet-which can be fixed pretty easily-I always watch them pretty close for the first few days in the jar anyway-too dry is another story-once they're too dry,they're just too dry...
Sounds like it's better to jar a little wet than too dry. Think I caught it at just the right time, hygrometer in the jar started about 53% and is now, after burping a couple of times, right at 62%

I wish I'd taken pictures. My roots could have easily fit into a regular 8" terracotta pot. Anyway I'm very disappointed with the results:
Final dry weight: 27.1 grams

Of course that is way better than nothing and way, way better than I would have achieved without the help of all you good people. Thank you so much! Next in line are two Lamb's Breath, one topped the other not. Both look pretty good but the topped one looks like it will be quite productive in about three weeks so I'm not giving up!
IMG-1624.JPG

This will probably be the final post in this journal, but I'm not going anywhere - 420mag has a fantastic, supportive growers community. I am happier and wiser for being here.

I couldn't live without one!

Most days, unless I have a really skunky girl, I can't even smell my plants when I'm standing right next to them. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs to stay stealth.

Shoot high on the fan size! I think the average for a 4X4 is 100-ish CFM. Since your room isn't totally sealed, I would shoot for closer to 200 CFM (most 6" filter kits)

Hope this helps...
:snowboating:
I run a fan with 395 cfm in a tent 4.7x4.7x6.5. I also like the negative pressure I think my girls like it. I go in the attic to check smell every few months and even on top of the exhaust no smell. The girls in veg smell haha. Also helps with heat control with my HID I run HPS. I can have the light close and they love it.

Sounds like it's better to jar a little wet than too dry. Think I caught it at just the right time, hygrometer in the jar started about 53% and is now, after burping a couple of times, right at 62%

I wish I'd taken pictures. My roots could have easily fit into a regular 8" terracotta pot. Anyway I'm very disappointed with the results:
Final dry weight: 27.1 grams

Of course that is way better than nothing and way, way better than I would have achieved without the help of all you good people. Thank you so much! Next in line are two Lamb's Breath, one topped the other not. Both look pretty good but the topped one looks like it will be quite productive in about three weeks so I'm not giving up!
IMG-1624.JPG

This will probably be the final post in this journal, but I'm not going anywhere - 420mag has a fantastic, supportive growers community. I am happier and wiser for being here.
Be careful with putting them in wet. I put them in wet but not too much. Check out pidgeon420 on youtube. He has good info also on curing. Not bad though for your first grow. Sometimes people don't get that. My first grow I pulled almost an oz for each plant. Now with scrog and Lst training mixed with topping or fimming I've pulled well over 3oz's a plant.

Can't wait until I start pulling more. Awesome pics by the way. Also a big thing is know your plants and how they react to certain training. I've had some that don't like being fimmed or topped and don't bush.

3oz's a plant! Now that would make me very happy! Sounds like your first results were similar to mine and that's very reassuring.
The fact that you pushed through a whole grow says a lot. I've met people who try and don't finish or don't have the motivation or help to improve. You're in good hands here. Practice different techniques and see what you like, well more what the strain(s) likes.

First grow was very similar. Also some sites say they go for this long or that long but depends on your environment and light cycle. Watch the trichomes and also be weary of nanners because the plant in later stages will try to go through the rationalization stage but if you time it right and watch them, they will pack on more weight.

Congrats on the harvest bro, not bad weigh in off that one plant :goodjob:
Thanks man. I dunno, that darn thing was the first plant I'd ever seen and she looked pretty amazing to my newbie eyes, right up there with the plant of the month, lol.:goof: My ego inflated as fast as that cola grew...pride before a fall and all...but I'm happy with what I have learned and I can already see improvement so on to the next grow and better yields. :peace:

You did great for a first grow !

40gm may not seem like that much,but if you figure it dollar-wise,you'll end up with 12 eighths-at $50.00
an eighth (at the dispensaries around here,anyway) you produced $600.00 worth of top shelf smoke-
Not too bad for something you grew yourself:goodjob:

And that's just one plant!

You did great for a first grow !

40gm may not seem like that much,but if you figure it dollar-wise,you'll end up with 12 eighths-at $50.00
an eighth (at the dispensaries around here,anyway) you produced $600.00 worth of top shelf smoke-
Not too bad for something you grew yourself:goodjob:

And that's just one plant!

Thanks carcass, 40gm was my projected yield, the actual yield was only 27gm but still, dollar-wise I can't complain. Weed here is around $10gm for the good stuff so that will help quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom