Help needed: don't know what to do moving forward!

you are correct. lux doesn't play nice with led due to the distinct directionality of how led photons travel. par is better. ppfd is definitive.
Thank you so much for such an informative reply!! :)

Im going to give them all a feed then. Would you still recommend to water/feed to runoff with all of them(Group1 & 2)?

And this light has a 6x6 veg footprint and a 5x5 flower and I have it in a 4x5 tent so i think ill keep it at 24" like you said. Start them at 50% and work my way up as they get used to the light as its A SERIOUS light upgrade from anything I've ever used before

feed them all to 10% runoff. sooner the better. get them all on the same page.

you have enough power to leave the light at 24 and work with the dimmer. always go bigger than needed and dial back. that's how to work a led rig. you have the right idea.

i don't follow mfgr recommended sizes for a rig ever.

Tx for the shout @Momma’s Kitchen - was a bit slow getting here ;) and :welcome: to @Coastal Dharma

I don’t use that style of plant nutrition so I can’t add much - except perhaps check your dryness routine by letting just one get to almost wiltingly dry and see how light the pot is. I used to think I was letting things dry out, but I wasn’t. Waiting for a wilt once (on good advice) I learned that I could let them go much longer than I thought. Much longer. (You may already be there - but it’s always worth pushing!). Different in flower of course, where they don’t like to get that dry at all.

The good folks in here have it well covered
:thumb:

So for todays feeding should I feed all plants to the point of run-off? even if group 1 is still fairly moist throughout the soil?

And PPM's 800-900?
I would advise against watering an already wet plant.

I would advise against watering an already wet plant.
my mistake. i thought it was wet from a no nute flush. if it's wet from a feed that's different.

PAR meters are out of my price range, but a lux meter should be close enough for white LEDs and give you answers about the relative to the brightness of your current lights (as you raise/lower it or rack the dimmer). You just won't be able to compare it to another source or calculate exact PPFD numbers.

my mistake. i thought it was wet from a no nute flush.
That was my assumption as well.

my mistake. i thought it was wet from a no nute flush. if it's wet from a feed that's different.
Okay so that’s probably why I shouldn’t chime in in threads about using nutes.

In an organic soil I’d never water already wet soil regardless of what happened before in terms of fertiliser or not.

BC, don’t listen to me about that, listen to these dudes! They work with those styles of nutes so they know!

PAR meters are out of my price range, but a lux meter should be close enough for white LEDs and give you answers about the relative to the brightness of your current lights (as you raise/lower it or rack the dimmer). You just won't be able to compare it to another source or calculate exact PPFD numbers.

That was my assumption as well.
Oh that makes sense! Looking back when i googled that it was when the only lighting i had where blurples. :thumb:

Okay so that’s probably why I shouldn’t chime in in threads about using nutes.
And organic soil I’d never water already wet soil regardless of what happened before in terms of fertiliser or not.

BC, don’t listen to me about that listen to these dudes. They work with those styles of nutes so they know!
Well i still appreciate you taking time to comment! :tommy:

to me those things are just another piece of gear to break or outgrow.

they have a bad rep with me. piles of nervous road managers would run around my stages with the damn things looking for something to whine about.

Defnitely. Im going to start @ 50% 24"-26" above canopy and see how the plants react.

Unfortunately Lux meters aren't accurate with LED's so id need a PAR meter and im not willing to dish out the $$ for that. Especially after splurging on this beast of a light.
Hello. Welcome.
I have the same light you do. I run 2 of them in my flower room. I spoke to the manufacturer and they reccomend running full power in flower 16 to 18" from canope. That is working well so far, just keep an eye out for light stress.
In veg I start at 70% 24" away and increase to 100% over a week period.
I rotate my plants regularly, these lights are very strong. The very center at full power 1500 ppfr at 16", so I don't keep anything that close in the middle.

Hello. Welcome.
I have the same light you do. I run 2 of them in my flower room. I spoke to the manufacturer and they reccomend running full power in flower 16 to 18" from canope. That is working well so far, just keep an eye out for light stress.
I rotate my plants regularly, these lights are very strong. The very center at full power 1500 ppfr at 16", so I don't keep anything that close in the middle.
Perfect!! Are you happy with the lights? I was like a child on christmas morning yesterday :slide:

Awesome!! :thumb:

I just want to say thank you so much to every single person who has chimed in on this thread:love:. I absolutely love this forum.

Im in a couple grow groups on facebook and the couple times i've posted in it, i've always had at least one or two people who comment in such un-believably demeaning and rude ways..

You are all a serious breathe of fresh air and i appreciate every single one of you :Namaste::love:

I spoke to the manufacturer and they reccomend running full power in flower 16 to 18" from canope. That is working well so far, just keep an eye out for light stress.

they recommend full power as it cuts the lifespan of the rig in half.

running 90% near doubles the usable lifespan if it is a good rig. mars is so-so. i think their newer stuff is a bit better since they are desperate to distance themselves from anything ts and down.

to me those things are just another piece of gear to break or outgrow.
I remember an experienced grower telling a newbie not to use hygrometers when drying their harvest because he didn't need them.

Newer growers can use a lot of gear when they start out that they eventually don't need. It doesn't mean it's not helpful for a beginner. And even experienced growers use them to make sure they're in range. Maybe the road managers put you off ;).

i'd just not worry about it. i'd try one for interest though if it fell in my lap.
i'm known to push things a bit hard. i kinda want more power in my veg rig actually.

to me it's not needed if you learn without it.

Back
Top Bottom