GreneLeaf - Soil Blue Dream & Buds - 2011

I've got quite a few of the lower leaves drying up and falling off on the 16 week old plant..what does that mean?

Usually the lower leaves falls off on older plants as the plants grew bigger. Most of the top canopy hogging up the lights and the plants have no use for the lower ones, so it just eject it. This helps the plants focuses water/nute to the fresh growth. Only worry when you see leaves dropping everywhere from top to bottom.

Thanks
That's good info to know...it's just the big leaves near the bottom.
I hear ya about hogging the light. I think I'm going to convert that 2x4 to a 4x4 so they can get more light and room, I heard the plant could double or triple in size when in flowering..that kinda scared me...thinkin.. uh oh growing space.

Thanks missbud and Twelve12.

I'm about ready to send a couple of my bigger plants into the flowering mode...I see where some are doing this 36 hours of darkness..whats that all about? like when is it done and why?

Week 10
New grow medium

000_00142.jpg

000_00153.jpg

000_00166.jpg

000_00172.jpg

000_00183.jpg

They seem to like the added room, I'm thinking the left unit will be for flowering...sending whats in there into 12x12 tonight.
I still would like to know what all the hub bub is about the 36 hours of darkness before one goes into the 12x12 mode...or did I just hear that wrong?
thanks for lookin.

This may be the first time seeing your entire tent. Like the customization you did to it. 36hrs of darkness before 12/12 is a bit too much. Plants only need 12hrs of darkness to build up floral hormone to induce flowering. Haven't try the 36hrs of darkness myself seeing it could stretched the plants even more.

That's kinda what I thought...I might be mis-understanding Greenie here

Ya man your rooms look great. Nice clean set up. How are you venting? Doing that dark period supposedly makes em go into flower mode faster but I dunno how much diff the actual time period makes. Ive seen guys swearing that 48 is the way to go too hehe /shrug.

The only vent I have is the white fan in the left upper corner that's blowing heat out, I just slit the plastic in an upside down T so to keep any light out. The 300 watt LED light doesn't put out much heat. It stays about 80 to 81 in there during the day and 78 during dark. I found out Greenie was talking about finding out the sex by doing that 36 hours darkness, so I guess I read it wrong....I'm sticking to twelve/12 recommendations..well as close as I can.
thanks for lookin.

Finally got around to taking a few pics...

about a week and a 1/2 in flower mode..waiting for the sticky stuff.

000_0020.jpg

000_00231.jpg

000_00211.jpg

000_00271.jpg

000_00192.jpg

Veg cabinet
000_00261.jpg

000_00242.jpg

000_00253.jpg

I take crappy pics..but there are flowers startin..really there are.
The 2 cabinets are working out ok...I am getting some lanky bitches..I wish they were tighter...got 4 to 5 inches between leave stalks...Twiggy plants.

Hey Big Irish
North Phoenix near the 17 and 101. But you can get them shipped I'm sure. I think their really worth it...I love the LED's got a 300 and a 240 watt along with 2- 100 watt bulbs like your using and it's working well. IMO
Your right I need to get some updated pics., it's been a few weeks...I forget cause it like watchin paint dry ya know. I'll get some next day or so.

thats cool! so what do they run you? you can pm me if need be, im a penny pincher fo sho!! lol:peace:
There not cheep by any means...the 2 cost me about 11 big ones. 4 something for the 230 and 7 something for the 300. But I took into account I don't need any cooling equipment or any special electrical wiring or ballasts ..ya know the stuff you need for the bigger hot lights. So it's a trade off. Another thing...LED's hardly ever burn out...they last a long time and use a lot less power. I can let you know where to pick em up if you want just shoot me a pm.

Next gen clone
000_0040.jpg

Next generation from seeds Khuna Shark, bigger one is a Lemon Sour Diesel clone.
000_00391.jpg

Week 8 Veg cabinet Khuna Shark, Blue Dream, Soue Diesel, Lemon Haze, Lemon sour diesel, BDF,
000_00381.jpg

000_00371.jpg

Week 14, Flower cabinet, Blue Dream, Lemon Haze, BDF, Lucy

000_0035.jpg

000_00342.jpg

000_00321.jpg

000_00332.jpg

3 or 4 of them are a week or 2 away from harvest....hey I'm happy
looks like Christmas is going to be a mellow time this year...No?

Thanks for lookin.

Back
Top Bottom