Green Crack CBD - Calvados 2nd - 4x4 - LED - 450W & 300W

Yes. At this stage of the game I haven't paid too much attention. I looked today and they are clouding up, but I'd say I've got at least a week to go. I'm in no hurry. No signs of amber and since this is a CBD plant I imagine that's important :)

I really appreciate your feedback.

Around 20%, I'm open to advice. This strain is meant to be fairly low in THC and relatively high in CBD

Genotype60% Sativa / 40% Indica
THC6%
CBD12%

Indoor flowering56–63 days

Seeing that you are using a CBD strain there are a few things that I can help you with CBd strains prefer warm soil and between 68 and 72 degrees they also prefer to have less water then the normal cannabis plant with CBD plants you do not want to let them go to Amber because what little THC is in their turns to CBN the CBD that is in there turns to CBG as it starts to degrade CBN is more of a couch lock feeling which clearly is not what you were looking for with you having a CBD strain CBG on the other hand is one chemical that will make you move around more gives you a little bit of energy and a little bit of a feel good feeling

By sheer coincidence that is the average temperature (around 21C). That makes sense about the amber. Maybe I'm within a week of harvest. Time from flower I'm right in the middle.

Re: Green Crack CBD - Calvados 2nd - 4x4 - LED - 450W & 300W

I split a main stem last year, when I topped an auto blue dream. I didn't know about binding it with wire. I guess I was lucky it survived. In my current grow, I've been leaving a small stub whenever I topped them.

DooM
Hi, guys.
Tape it back together - duct tape, cellotape, masking tape... just squeeze the two+ broken bits together, tape somewhat firmly, and voila! Remove the tape after 7 - 10 days, strong plants bounce back marvelously from this.

The more I look at it the more I think it has to do with the foliar spraying I did and maybe in combo with the lights which are now full spectrum. If that's the case it should be ok.
Nute burn, the solution might have been just a bit strong, and yup, foliar + lights = sunburn. Sometimes.

Day 47 and Day 7 of flower. Watered. These air pots are a pain in the ass to fully water. Water slops out the side. I stuck them in the shower and persevered. Aside from this I am reasonably informed that my soil is infected with mold gnats. I will get some nematode solution tomorrow and add it to my watering. I like the soil, but I think next time I'll go for the burlap type of pot.

The stretch is on. I switched out the lights to 1 Mars Hydro II 900 watt. Why? I can't help fiddling and it was £110. It's really heavy. The tent is brighter and more uniform. According to MH it's a bit to small for the tent. I asked about putting the second one in and they said it would cause damage. I don't understand why, but I'll follow what they are saying. Depending on how the plants stretch I will add one or two of the original lights at a tilt some time in the future. One more week of Veg neuts and then on to the Canna Flores.

IMG_77635.JPG

The one on the right is now a tripod. The branch I broke didn't recover well, so I performed surgery. I'm LSTing two of the branches to that side to get a more uniform distribution.

They are growing like weeds.
How often are you watering? Did you take this pic at their bed-time, or during the light cycle?
If zzzzzz, then . But gnats + droopy leaves = toooo wet. Let the pots dry out fully between feeds, it's worth it.

This would have been at the start of the day. Is it best to foliar before lights out? Just the leaves or buds as well?

I water when the pots are dry. I lift them and shove a hygrometer into the holes at the bottom of the pot. One of the good things about these airports. Anywhere from 2 to 5 days. I don't flush them, but they are pretty full. Today I didn't. Probably 2/3. There are fewer leaves and I didn't like going 5 days.

420-magazine-mobile774612969.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1026006608.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1409261304.jpg
420-magazine-mobile835737289.jpg
this is the great white shark Autoflower from discount seeds 2 weeks 1 day flowering total flowering time in the end should be around 14 weeks

All botanicare
Pure blend pro bloom 6ml
Fulvex 6ml
Cal-mag 1ml
Liquid Karma 6ml
Sweet 6ml
Ml/gallon
Ran on drip system under massive LEDs

Had a careful look this morning at the buds. They are about 80% cloudy. No amber. They look great. I'm thinking I should harvest sooner rather than later.

Day 100 Day 60 of flower - Watered and gave them a major trim. There are a lot more leaves still on the plants then I realized. I think I'm ready to harvest. I'm not sure about the tallest/largest plant, because it is greener and the resin is less dense all over. Since I don't want any amber, I will either chop them in the next day or two.

I will do a 3 bucket wash (skip the H2O2 as humidity and temps have been on the lower side). Need to run out and get some baking soda.

IMG_81687.JPG
IMG_81708.JPG
IMG_81676.JPG
IMG_81665.JPG
IMG_81597.JPG
IMG_81658.JPG
IMG_81577.JPG
IMG_81755.JPG
IMG_817610.JPG

This would have been at the start of the day. Is it best to foliar before lights out? Just the leaves or buds as well?

I water when the pots are dry. I lift them and shove a hygrometer into the holes at the bottom of the pot. One of the good things about these airports. Anywhere from 2 to 5 days. I don't flush them, but they are pretty full. Today I didn't. Probably 2/3. There are fewer leaves and I didn't like going 5 days.
Thanks, the drooping could have been due to overwatering, but you seem to have that under control. Therefore, thw drooping is probably just them still waking up..

Day 100 Day 60 of flower - Watered and gave them a major trim. There are a lot more leaves still on the plants then I realized. I think I'm ready to harvest. I'm not sure about the tallest/largest plant, because it is greener and the resin is less dense all over. Since I don't want any amber, I will either chop them in the next day or two.

I will do a 3 bucket wash (skip the H2O2 as humidity and temps have been on the lower side). Need to run out and get some baking soda.

IMG_81687.JPG
IMG_81708.JPG
IMG_81676.JPG
IMG_81665.JPG
IMG_81597.JPG
IMG_81658.JPG
IMG_81577.JPG
IMG_81755.JPG
IMG_817610.JPG
They look absolutely lovely. Truly beautiful - i tip my hat to you, sir.
If you feel the largest plant isn't quite there yet, leave it. Your instincts are spot on. I have a theory that larger plants take a little longer to ripen, as the buds are slightly larger, and the surface area a tad bigger, i don't know if this idea has any merit, but just out of interest. It might endorse a similar thought you've had, even if not, no harm done. When the other plants are down, you might find exponential improvement in the "ripening", as it is then exposed to more light/ air.
I hope this is helpful!

Harvest Day !!! Day 101 and Day 61 Flower

It took about 4 hours to bud wash this morning. It went very well. Only 1 decent sized bud casualty, which goes into the keef pile in the freezer. I'm going to split this into two parts. Bud washing and root ball inspection.

IMG_81836.JPG
IMG_818410.JPG
IMG_818512.JPG
IMG_81877.JPG

Casualty
IMG_818613.JPG

The Air Pots.

I really didn't like using these. I get the idea, but they are finicky to water and I think you have to water more often. It took a while to get the watering down, but once I did I was fine. I also had issues with mites and thrips, which I thought that I caused. It is way more likely that they were in the medium before I even opened the bag. In any case they are a real pain in the ass to deal with, because there are so many open holes for the little bastards to hide/escape. You can cover a normal or burlap pot with sand. You can't do that with these. Next time I will treat the soil before I start.

More positives than negatives, so I'll probably use them again. I do wish I had gotten the 5 gallon size instead of the 4. The biggest mistake I made was positioning the bottom plate too high up. It's not necessary and I could have increased the root capacity another 20% by citing it at the next to last position.

Below are the 3 root balls, but that really doesn't describe the overall density of roots in the pot. It took a lot of prying and pulling to open the medium up. Canna is very airy stuff or at least it was when the seedlings went in. That explains why it took so long to water these girls in the flowering stage. Tons of roots.

IMG_81918.JPG

IMG_81936.JPG

IMG_81948.JPG

There was very little evidence of roots on the outside, so the air definitely truncates them.

I have always preferred to use fabric pots don't always get a chance to use them though inside they can be a mess outside that can be wonderful

Back
Top Bottom