GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip 28 for the New Trick girls and I wanted to show you how a Dot-fed plant looks when its Grow Dots are nearly expended.

The Blue Cindy was transplanted to a 3 gallon pot on Mar 8th, at which time she had Grow Dots mixed into her substrate. So she's been living on the Dots for 50 days. Now the entire plant is beginning to turn a light shade of green. The Grow Dots are about done. Left un-checked, those light green leaves will soon turn to yellow and begin to fall away.

BC 4-27-24 F27 lite green.jpg

Here you can see how her green contrasts with the green of her tentmates (she's in the back).
NT 4-27-24 F27 tent.jpg

This is where additional nutrients are required in order to get Dot-fed plants to the finish.

I'll be relying on Strive 2-part nutrients for the BC. She got her first taste of it yesterday afternoon. (However, she got a diluted dose. I topped her res with full-dose Strive but the res was about 1/2 full of plain water at the time.)

Hopefully, she'll get her color back and continue on a healthy journey to the finish line!

---------------------------

The Phase II youngsters seem to be settling in well in their new pots on their Day 28. Very shortly it will be "off with their heads!"

NT P2 4-28-24 D28 tent.jpg

-------------------------------------

Thanks for you interest and have a wonderful, tranquil Sunday!

PEACE
The new trick girls & phase II girls are looking great , you sure you haven't tried these swicks before?

The new trick girls & phase II girls are looking great , you sure you haven't tried these swicks before?
Thanks con.

These swicks are trying me! I've got more questions than answers! :Rasta:

Thanks con.

These swicks are trying me! I've got more questions than answers! :Rasta:
well you're killing it for a first time trying this way can;t wait to see the flop you get come harvest time

well you're killing it for a first time trying this way can;t wait to see the flop you get come harvest time
Ha! I didn't know you were a flop fan!

The Hash Lover is setting up to be a major flopper. :Rasta:

Ha! I didn't know you were a flop fan!

The Hash Lover is setting up to be a major flopper. :Rasta:
one day i will be at level to appease the flop counsil enough to atleast get a sticker anyways Lol! :rofl:

The big ones look good, and the little ones do too!
Are the little ones going to end up on swick bases, or are you going conventional watering with them?
Hopefully, she'll get her color back and continue on a healthy journey to the finish line!
She'll probably be all greened back up by Wednesday or so...👍

The big ones look good, and the little ones do too!
Are the little ones going to end up on swick bases, or are you going conventional watering with them?
I doubt it Carcass. I think I want to get my watering on! :Rasta:
She'll probably be all greened back up by Wednesday or so...👍
That would be nice! :)

I think I want to get my watering on! :Rasta:
Me too with those 2 outdoor ones- our sandy soil means they need it every day, twice if it's hot...

actually- there is a bubbler within a foot or 2 of them both, I'd just have to reset the sprinkler timer
to automate the watering, and add any optional nutes manually....that's always been an option out there, I've just never done it with weed plants.
To be honest, I really hate messing with that sprinkler timer- I think it hates me. So I just leave it the f alone...😁

Girls and gals look good , does the swick/sip thing hurt your head as to why you will go back to top water only ?
Thanks Smoke!

LMAO! No the swick doesn't hurt my head! Though there is a slight, throbbing pain in my ass. 😁

I'll get back to them at some point, just not now.

Hello all.
1714406453441.png

That's a pic of the Cosmic Lights I grew in 2021. It was my first and only time growing the strain (til now). The plant stayed short enough to grow to maturity in my 2x2 tent. I think she was, at most, 16 inches tall.

This one I've got now, due to the long veg period (69th day), is already 21 inches tall. I doubt that I could finish her in the 2x2, even with some major contortions!
CL 4-29-24 D69 (2).jpg

Mr. Fickle keeps trying to reach me by phone. When I see his name pop up, I don't answer. I know what he wants. He wants to try to convince me to keep this plant in-house and take one of the smaller ones to my friend's place to be grown outdoors.

It's a tempting thought. After all, this is my beloved Cosmic Lights! And, at 21 inches, she's only 2.5 inches taller than the the tallest plant currently in flower in the 5x5. I could likely get away with just putting her in there now (flipping her). She'd get a little more light than she needs to begin the flowering stage but I think she would handle it.

I'm not going to do that. In fact, I'll be taking cuts from the CL today in order to attempt to get some clones going.

I've committed to my friend, told him what size plant to plan for, and he's all in! One of my greatest life lessons has been that there's usually a price to pay for saying one thing and doing another. I don't want to find out what that price would be.

Our temps jumped over the weekend and we're expected to hit 90F today. (We're close. It's 88F now.) The extended forecast calls for day temps in the 80s and night temps in the upper 50s or lower 60s. It's about time to get this move on!

---------------------------------

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Super nice plant I have been thinking of growing an indoor plant next winter but all I have is my 2x2 tent so I will have to think about spending some money and getting a 3x3 or 4x4 tent with a new light. We will see about it and hopefully I can pull it off. It will be a lot of learning. 🍋

Super nice plant I have been thinking of growing an indoor plant next winter but all I have is my 2x2 tent so I will have to think about spending some money and getting a 3x3 or 4x4 tent with a new light. We will see about it and hopefully I can pull it off. It will be a lot of learning. 🍋
You can do it, Keith and you don't have to wait until next winter unless you just want to. (Inside!) :Rasta:

I suggest you get a Phlizon FD6000 Plus, which means you'll probably want a 4x4 tent. ;)

All you have to do is get the Mrs. onboard. (Coddle those sunflowers, dude!)

I think I can get my wife on board once I get the tent and I would wait till winter having plants outdoors and indoors at the same time would be too much for me. I will pick up a 4x4 this summer and either put the 2x2 away or donate it to someone in need of a startup tent. The light was given to me by Shed and if it is OK with him I will do the same and give it to someone else. The light I have is perfect for seedlings and you could grow a plant start to finish with it I would think. All you would have to do is understand the light directions a little better than I do. 🍋

That's a pic of the Cosmic Lights I grew in 2021. It was my first and only time growing the strain (til now). The plant stayed short enough to grow to maturity in my 2x2 tent. I think she was, at most, 16 inches tall.
Your new CL is going to be as nice as the original now that you've gotten it into the best shape of its life!
if it is OK with him I will do the same and give it to someone else
Paying it forward is always the best way to go Keith! I do it as often as I can. :thumb:

Hello all.

I took some cuts from the Cosmic Lights. They're on the window sill in the GDBCloner®.

IMG_8710.jpg

----------------------------

Your new CL is going to be as nice as the original now that you've gotten it into the best shape of its life!
Thanks Shed. I certainly hope so! :Rasta:

Hello all.
1714406453441.png

This one I've got now, due to the long veg period (69th day), is already 21 inches tall. I doubt that I could finish her in the 2x2, even with some major contortions!
CL 4-29-24 D69 (2).jpg

Mr. Fickle keeps trying to reach me by phone. When I see his name pop up, I don't answer. I know what he wants. He wants to try to convince me to keep this plant in-house and take one of the smaller ones to my friend's place to be grown outdoors.

It's a tempting thought. After all, this is my beloved Cosmic Lights! And, at 21 inches, she's only 2.5 inches taller than the the tallest plant currently in flower in the 5x5. I could likely get away with just putting her in there now (flipping her). She'd get a little more light than she needs to begin the flowering stage but I think she would handle it.

I'm not going to do that. In fact, I'll be taking cuts from the CL today in order to attempt to get some clones going.

I've committed to my friend, told him what size plant to plan for, and he's all in! One of my greatest life lessons has been that there's usually a price to pay for saying one thing and doing another. I don't want to find out what that price would be.

Our temps jumped over the weekend and we're expected to hit 90F today. (We're close. It's 88F now.) The extended forecast calls for day temps in the 80s and night temps in the upper 50s or lower 60s. It's about time to get this move on!

---------------------------------

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE
The latest CL (both) looks good, would be hard to let a plant like that go but good plan with the clones :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom