Gallery Upload Issues

But: when I click on that, it takes me to a long list of where I want to add media. When I click on Member galleries, there is no way to select my own gallery. I am unwilling to test it, because I dont want to be posting on someone else's or on a page with ALL the members' galleries.
Hi AK - The files will be automatically added to your own gallery. I'm fairly sure this is true regardless of which category you choose (Nugs, plants, OFF TOPIC etc.). If it's you uploading, it's your gallery the pics will land in.

I made a pictorial guide... above

:circle-of-love:

Thank you, Amy. I would never have thought to go to entertainment. I thought galleries was a function of the member journals. Hence, my confusion. The menu is not logical. Why should my gallery link be separated from my account?

Oh, and I do not have a GALLERY link in the top green menu bar to the right of ENTERTAINMENT.

Amy

Thank you for the tutorial. We are just editing an 'official' one which we are rushing through & we should have posted in the next day. We are very sorry for the delay but one key player of the transition team let us down. In the interim, if you really need a past image you have posted, find it in a thread & right click & copy image address (on a PC). You can paste this using the Insert Image icon.

Ian

Thank you, Amy. I would never have thought to go to entertainment. I thought galleries was a function of the member journals. Hence, my confusion. The menu is not logical. Why should my gallery link be separated from my account?

:Namaste: - my pleasure. I actually get some nerdy enjoyment out of making things like that.

In answer to your last question - my guess is that it's because you, and anyone, can look at any gallery from that menu. On the old site - the upload function was under the Entertainment menu as well, at least that's how I always got there! So the gallery is the gallery regardless of which member or guest is viewing it. But if you're a logged in member and select Upload, it will be only your gallery that files get added to.

I'm going to make another one now for adding them to a post... so if anyone else asks we can just refer...

And . . . I just checked, for images that you have posted, you can just use the filter button & type your member name & search. The past images don't load as thumbnails yet, but they are all there to click & use.

Ian

But if you're a logged in member and select Upload, it will be only your gallery that files get added to.

Exactly. You are tagged as the owner.

Ian

Amy

Thank you for the tutorial. We are just editing an 'official' one which we are rushing through & we should have posted in the next day. We are very sorry for the delay but one key player of the transition team let us down. In the interim, if you really need a past image you have posted, find it in a thread & right click & copy image address (on a PC). You can paste this using the Insert Image icon.

Ian
ok then! Thanks. I'll stop making them :thumb:

:volcano-smiley:

Y'know, the ONLY way I can find my gallery is by hitting the Gallery embed in a reply window. I cannot get to my own gallery unless I happen on it by accident. How do I get to my own gallery?

I cant even upload a screen shot of where I am at my JOurnal so someone can give me a path to my gallery. So this is the URL AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

Are you still unable to browse to your gallery AK?

Is there a menu item next to entertainment called "Gallery"? if so there should be a "your media" item on the pulldown list.

Are you still unable to browse to your gallery AK?

Is there a menu item next to entertainment called "Gallery"? if so there should be a "your media" item on the pulldown list.

No, there is not. :-( I refreshed many times and I still don't get the gallery category on the top green menu bar.

No, there is not. :-( I refreshed many times and I still don't get the gallery category on the top green menu bar.

Hmmm - but you have the Entertainment menu yes? Maybe this glitch is browser specific. I installed Chrome browser before I even loaded the new site - 420Mag say the site is best in Chrome. What browser are you using?

Look in Entertainmemt and you’ll find it there

But yes, in the meantime the Entertainment menu>Gallery will get you somewhere you can access uploads at least!

Hmmm - but you have the Entertainment menu yes? Maybe this glitch is browser specific. I installed Chrome browser before I even loaded the new site - 420Mag say the site is best in Chrome. What browser are you using?

But yes, in the meantime the Entertainment menu>Gallery will get you somewhere you can access uploads at least!

Chrome

I’m running chrome and have no gallery tab on the green tab. If I open entertainment it will show: Gallery-Cannabis Photos. That will take you to where you need to be.

Can someone without the Gallery option screenshot & post their top menu bar? Please.

Ian

Problem: 420 Logo is no longer imprinted on uploaded images.

Gallery embed now adds the image title to the post. I used the IMG tag in previous posts, but haven't figured out how to access the URL for the image under the new software. This was useful for adding a different caption to the image.

Problem: 420 Logo is no longer imprinted on uploaded images.

That will come with time.

Gallery embed now adds the image title to the post. I used the IMG tag in previous posts, but haven't figured out how to access the URL for the image under the new software. This was useful for adding a different caption to the image.

Go to Gallery > Your Media & click on the image. This screen opens up with all sorts of edit options etc.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom