From Seed To Seed - Let's Make A New Strain 2018 - A Multiple Grow Journal

triumph2134

Hey guys! Not new to growing but I am new to breeding. This is the year I have decided to develop my own strain. With so many choices out there I want something closer to home. Something to call my own. Hell bragging rights even.

I WANT YOUR HELP GUYS!!! I need to choose strains. This is where I can get help from you all! Below is a list of what I am looking for in a strain. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! ( If you suggest your personal strain you have developed, explain why and be prepared to offer seeds otherwise don't suggest it as it wont do me any good. ) If you suggest a strain, please offer a reason why. It will greatly help with my research!

1: Sativa dominant
2: CBD is a must.
3: Medium height, medium to large buds, light on the stretching.
4: 20%+ thc
5: fruity/earthy flavor

EVERYONE: LETS MAKE A BABY! :happy-birthday::dreamy:

I have been researching new genetics, original strains, landrace and others. There are so many choices out there! I STILL NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR STRAINS! If your already a breeder and have ANY suggestions or would like me to use your seeds let me know!

Locally I have asked a few friends and got some ideas from someone who is on the forums that wishes to remain anonymous. ( THANKS! ) However I still want suggestions!

Here are some strains that meet at least 2 of my wants.

1. C99
2. Red Dragon
3. Jack Herrer
4. Sweet tooth
5. Kalidog '98
6. Blue Mystic
7. Golden Goat

So I'm a bit confused at what you're doing do you have seeds already you're going to use grow and cross or you're just in the planning stage finding Strains that you like Crossing and hoping for the best

I've been doing crosses for about the last 6 months similar to what you're doing but I had spent 6 months prior testing and finding strains that i liked

Remember starting with a 20% THC and a 20% CBD cross won't give you a strain with 20% of both, do you have Labs nearby that you can have what you grow tested

Interested to see what u do, it's been fun for me playing with Genetics

So I'm a bit confused at what you're doing do you have seeds already you're going to use grow and cross or you're just in the planning stage finding Strains that you like Crossing and hoping for the best

I've been doing crosses for about the last 6 months similar to what you're doing but I had spent 6 months prior testing and finding strains that i liked

Remember starting with a 20% THC and a 20% CBD cross won't give you a strain with 20% of both, do you have Labs nearby that you can have what you grow tested

Interested to see what u do, it's been fun for me playing with Genetics

With so many seeds, breeders, etc etc, I decided to get ideas for strains that meet what I want by asking everyone for strain ideas to help shorten research. I realize you won't get 20% of each. That's not how it works. I'll get traits of them both though and that's what I want. Like most growers here I have plenty of seed to toy around with but now want something specific. I can get testing done.

For high CBD I really like the following
Candida
ACDC
Nightengale, sister strain of Candida
Cannatonic
I've grown and smoked em all, and have my crosses now of Candida growing and ACDC is pregnant with crosses also

I'd suggest growing a THC strain u like then cross it with a nice high CBD strain, that's what I've done. GDP, kilamanjaro, Dark Devil auto, ATF, Blueberry are some of my favs with high THC and gave crosses of all done or in the process

Good luck, holler if I can help

For high CBD I really like the following
Candida
ACDC
Nightengale, sister strain of Candida
Cannatonic
I've grown and smoked em all, and have my crosses now of Candida growing and ACDC is pregnant with crosses also

I'd suggest growing a THC strain u like then cross it with a nice high CBD strain, that's what I've done. GDP, kilamanjaro, Dark Devil auto, ATF, Blueberry are some of my favs with high THC and gave crosses of all done or in the process

Good luck, holler if I can help

+Rep. That's great. I've never got a chance to try someone else's strains. They just don't come around often. Thanks for the suggestions Scorpio.

i used brothers grimm seeds cindy99 as the male in my current cross. Its high thc for sure, which might also be from the mother (Jackherer x trainwreck). ive got a few phenos that smell of tropical fruit. it doesnt make monster buds but the stacking is nice and its not over stretched.

Another bonus for c99 is that its a short time flower for a sativa, i believe around 50 days. My cross ended up roughly a 50-60 day strain although im still experimenting with it.

i used brothers grimm seeds cindy99 as the male in my current cross. Its high thc for sure, which might also be from the mother (Jackherer x trainwreck). ive got a few phenos that smell of tropical fruit. it doesnt make monster buds but the stacking is nice and its not over stretched.

Another bonus for c99 is that its a short time flower for a sativa, i believe around 50 days. My cross ended up roughly a 50-60 day strain although im still experimenting with it.

I love my c99. It's a beautiful addition to ANY medicine cabinet. Her and blue mystic. :thumb:

Chosen seeds: Jack herer, red dragon, purple urkle, moby dick, acdc, calidawg 99 and a landrace from hawaii, maui wowie.

I have purchased 10 of each seed to start. I hope to find a good mom and pop. Ive been told try colidial silver to get seeds. While that would work, Id rather do the natural way first. In the mean time ill just have plenty of medicine while I experiment. o_O

I'd suggest if you want to breed you should breed male and female plants from regular seeds. I've been breeding for 10 years n wasted alot of time n learned my lesson the hard way. Feminized seeds are way more likely to herm. Even a female plant from a feminized seed bred with a male will produce offspring more likely to herm.

So how do the pros do it? I've bought loads of feminized seeds from places like barneys farm, big buddha, greenhouse.. n never had a hermie grow unless i completely fucked something up. There crosses are normally reversed X with normal Y mother. Do they just breed out lots of plants n backcross the non herm females.. in that case if its bred out then using a reputable seed companies feminized seeds should carry the trait for not hermieing?

I definitely am not a pro! Just a student! I can't say what seed company do because I wasn't there lol but I have grown alot of fem seeds to. I've got some really good plants over the years, they are not all bad. I've also had alot of plants herm on me n they all were feminized seeds. The worst in my experience were barneys blackdog and thc critical hog. I popped 20 seeds of those 2 n every one hermed. I've had others but would have to go back n see what they were. I used the blackdog in my breeding program with a proven male and all those seeds hermied. When ya start eliminating chromosomes strange things happen. I switched to using true male and true females for breeding n never had a herm since. The plants seem to be more vigorous as well.

Back
Top Bottom