First Journal, First well planned grow

Smiling Garden

For years i have looked at this site for grow tips and help. This is the first grow journal of my own. I currently grow one plant and a bunch of tomatoes and herbs because of my housing. But now i am set.

I am setting up what i believe to be a great grow room, after a number of problematic grows. Any and all tips and help is greatly appreciated.

I am still in the planning phase of my grow but i plan on germinating on April 1st.

Here is my plan and layout so far:

Size - 10' x 5' (mylar covered walls) - constucted from 2x4 and plywood.

Lighting:
3 x 600 W (air cooled hoods) - MH for veg and then transition into the HPS

Ventilation:
2 x 6" inlines cooling lights
1 x 4" inline with carbon filter in the room
4 x 10" oscilating fans
possible a/c - if necissary temps only get up to max of 90 f in the summer

Hydro set up:
This is my baby that i built and have been fine tuning for almost a year now.

Ebb and Grow bucket system- home made
The Control bucket made from a kit and a 5gal bucket.
The grow buckets is made from 3.5 gallon buckets with 10" net cups. (a little small for buds, i think i might go with 3.5 gallon buckets inside eachother, or even rebuild it with 5gal buckets if it is beneficial. what do people think.)

One reason i like the net cups is that I recently added a 70 L - 8 outlet commercial air pump that provides air to air stones at the bottome of each bucket. This way i can flood more often and longer without worries of overwatering, making it an integrated DWC - ebb and flow system.
I have it flooded about 65% day and 35% at night.

The resevoir is a 65 gal trashcan, it also has two micropore airstones in it. The res is outside the room.

CO2:
Hydrogen pro generator
CAP - PPM4 monitor
reciculatory cooling with a 65 gal trash can and an eco 1264 gph (i think) pump.

Nutrients-
Grow:
Advanced sensi 2 part grow
voodoo juice
B52

Bloom:
Connoisseur 2 part
voodoo juice
B52
piranha
tarantula
bud blood
big bud
bud candy
overdrive

And of course the most important...

The SEEDS

I know it is most efficient to grow all the same strain in a hydro setup, but i love to mix it up and get a rainbow garden. I will have 11 plants. Most all the plants have simillar medium flowering time.

My question is, Is this a big disadvantage growing different strains or not that big of problem?

Also any coments on the strains would be helpfull, i don't necissarily need to just grow one of each if one of the strains it great or especially if one of them has a particularily long flowing time.

orange
pinnapple express
white widow
blue widow
blue hash plant
Deep grapefruit
katarak kush
blueberry
Confidential cheese
deisel
sour cream

Well that was a mouthfull, hope someone can get through it all.

I will post pictures as soon as i start construction.

The last of the goodies should be here this week.

:peacetwo:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom