First Grow For Me, So First Journal Also

Im wondering about topping too. Im also on my first ever experimental grow before growing to treat my sons seizures. Ive done hours of research on this subject. It got so confusing. Some top some dont at all. Some LST, SOG ,SCROG, Lollipop etc.... I decided to go all natural for now. Ive been gently folding the larger fan leaves under the bottom foliage. Lets see what happens. I have 2 sets of plants at different stages to play w.
420-magazine-mobile1947545237.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1751546134.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies
As a newbie also I kind of miscalculated my space. I have a lot of room to grow up but not a lot of room width wise. My four girls in flower are cramping their space. So I just tucked all the fan leaves on those plants.
420-magazine-mobile907534566.jpg
And I decided to LST without topping my babies
420-magazine-mobile926538421.jpg
. Look at all the growth. They're loving it.

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Is it affecting all the leaves or just the bottom? Check ph first then make sure your nutes are good, lights a little too close maybe? Enough air movement in the grow space? Check Temps and RH. First step of troubleshooting is never to assume a problem is from one cause and never rule anything out as the cause until its looked into! Good luck, hope you figure it out or someone else with more knowledge than I can help :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Make sure you are not getting nutrient lockout. Check your pH and make sure it is in check. Also drill some holes on the bottom of the bucket, and put a tray under it so you can test the runoff pH. If you are putting the proper nutes in and the water is not pH'd you can lockout the roots from uptaking what is needed for the plant. Just know that when the leaves do that, they will not get better. You will need to look at new growth to see if it continues, hence why people are asking if its on the bottom part of the plant or on new growth. Keep us posted.

Is it affecting all the leaves or just the bottom? Check ph first then make sure your nutes are good, lights a little too close maybe? Enough air movement in the grow space? Check Temps and RH. First step of troubleshooting is never to assume a problem is from one cause and never rule anything out as the cause until its looked into! Good luck, hope you figure it out or someone else with more knowledge than I can help :)

Some leaves all around are affected. But seems to be only the older leaves. Lights are 24" away. Temp. 24-27°c RH is 40-50% I have a little air circulation fan and a 6" exhaust fan with filter.
All this is why I may have given to strong of nutes mix.

First Grow For Me - So First Journal Also

Well all those parameters are about what I'm running in my own tent with no issues so yeah possible over fed but from what I've been reading on here is if it's only older leaves being affected it's usually not a big issue

Something tells me your runoff is very different from what your pH is when you are putting it in. We will see on your next watering. Meanwhile take a look at this for reference on deficiencies and how pH is related. Anything outside of the zone will get lockout for that specific nute. The watering you are doing and the pH going in does not mean that the root zone pH will be the same. Example: If your pH of water going in is 6.4 but runoff is 7.4 it means theres an abudance of nutrients in your soil. It would mean to bring the pH of what you are putting in lower to compensate to get the runoff proper for your root zone.
Root_pH.jpg

So I put some 7.0 water through around 3L. Run off was 4.8
I have a soil ph meter and it said around 5. Not very precise meter. Anyway after the water the run off was 5.4 and soil was about 6.5
This has slowed the spread. It is really only this one plant.
I've learned so much on this first grow that I'll do different next one it is crazy how much you learn by doing and failing and succeeding. Looking forward to the next one already.
Should be watering soon to bring back to proper levels.

First Grow For Me - So First Journal Also

Back
Top Bottom