Drying/curing while traveling questions

mikeb24

IMG_25946.JPG

Here's my new crop. Not bad for a rookie I guess. These plants are hanging in a homemade drying box (stole the idea from here). My problem is I travel every week. I'm worried that they may dry out to much before I get back home. probably 5 days total. Other question concerns burping the jars once the weed is curing, is every 4-5 days going to work? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome Thanks

The box is a Uhaul wardrobe box with a homemade charcoal filter on the exhaust vent. Average temp in the room is 65 degrees, R/H is currently 45%

You should be ok regarding drying, as mine are usually ready to go into jars on day 6, but during curing, those jars need to be burped daily for the first week, and then every other day for another week or so.

Any suggestions short of packing a dozen mason jars in my bag (thank goodness I'm driving this week) would be welcome.

well with the boveda packs once your done drying you just pop em in the jar with the weed itll regulate humidity thus regulating the cure
supposedly will hold the 62% if its too wet itll bring it down if its too dry itll take it up
if you slightly overdry you wouldn't have to worry about burping it till you can get back or you could also rehydrate it a bit

Ahh! Thank you, I like that idea. I've managed to get a nice crop only tending to them once a week. Hate to screw it up now. Just ordered those packs. What great site here and thanks again.

one last thing some people swear by them some people tried and didn't like them
give us your opinion on them when you get to that point thanks man

Back
Top Bottom