Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Let it dry out. Your roots are severely underdeveloped and the extra water probably damaged them even more.

Please read the "In the Lab" thread from the beginning and you'll see examples of the techniques used in various stages of growth, etc.

No more spraying, let it go a LONG time before you water again. It will probably bounce back, but definitely damaged the roots.

Doc, thanks - as usual. I'll get this right eventually! I can see how, with an underdeveloped root system, that the water up-take/requirements will not be the same as with a large mass of roots.

Given it's condition/appearance, could you recommend something to look for that would indicate it needs watering?

7 Gal. I've had a "habit" of overwatering - that's what got me into trouble to begin with :-(, but I was trying to be careful with this transplant. The soil was moist when I transplanted so I didn't soak it as one might. Yesterday I did soak it good with a ½ gal. Just now, I stuck my finger deep into the soil and it came out with just a little soil attached. Meaning, it doesn't appear to be 'overwatered'.

Heheh, do this - pretend it's dead. I mean, it's pretty feeble as it is ... so, it's done, leave it alone - if it dies, it dies. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you do that, my bet is that it perks up within a week and starts to look really good.

And then you'll know what a dry 7 gallon pot is like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Heheh, do this - pretend it's dead. I mean, it's pretty feeble as it is ... so, it's done, leave it alone - if it dies, it dies. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you do that, my bet is that it perks up within a week and starts to look really good.

And then you'll know what a dry 7 gallon pot is like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You know, it's funny, because I pride myself on being a "gardener" - I grow great veggies outdoors, and I can keep house plants going long after my wife has given up. Of course, my house plant practice is to do just what is being suggested: let them dry out completely. I only water house plants weekly-10 days and only soak them if the soil is very dry and they look dehydrated. Why I can't transfer that to the ladies, I don't know.... LOL! I guess I just want them to be picture perfect so I can post my winners like others do :) Practice makes perfect, right? Thanks.

:winkyface: :laugh:

Don't forget that healthy soil biota need air too.

Help...i think lol
The very tips of my leaves are turning brown and crispy. I thought it might be the light so i lowered the plant. Its just about every leaf and its gotten a lil worse over the last few days. An ideas? Ill post a good pic if i need to and if itll help.
Thanks guys :)

Help...i think lol
The very tips of my leaves are turning brown and crispy. I thought it might be the light so i lowered the plant. Its just about every leaf and its gotten a lil worse over the last few days. An ideas? Ill post a good pic if i need to and if itll help.

Too much energy? Way to low R.H.? Just my thoughts Canuck! Usually indicates too much food...no?What stage of growth? Pics ?Later :)

Help...i think lol

Too much Cat Drench or too much Growth Energy will do that. You'll be fine if everything else is in order. Don't spray Brix for 10 days and give it a good monsoon root soaking after it dries out.

Everything else is great doc. The leaves have the dark green waxy look to em still. I didnt think i had much to worry about. Next time ill drench her good with just water and then spray with brix. Do you think i should do the 1/4 transplant when i do soak her?

You know, it's funny, because I pride myself on being a "gardener" - I grow great veggies outdoors, and I can keep house plants going long after my wife has given up. Of course, my house plant practice is to do just what is being suggested: let them dry out completely. I only water house plants weekly-10 days and only soak them if the soil is very dry and they look dehydrated. Why I can't transfer that to the ladies, I don't know.... LOL! I guess I just want them to be picture perfect so I can post my winners like others do :) Practice makes perfect, right? Thanks.

If you can move your plants try picking it up when its soaked and let it dry out just before or as you see signs of wilting then pick it up again and you will know how it feels/how heavy it is when wet vs dry.

also if you poke ur finger in the top 1.5" and you feel ANY moisture at all its still to wet, you still have alot of moisture below that point that the roots are shooting for...."less is more" "KISS" :peace:

best of luck

Doc, thanks - as usual. I'll get this right eventually! I can see how, with an underdeveloped root system, that the water up-take/requirements will not be the same as with a large mass of roots.

Given it's condition/appearance, could you recommend something to look for that would indicate it needs watering?
Use the pot weight method. Lift it frequently from watered to dry. Youll feel the difference. And get used to doing it. Hope that helps :)

Doc...have you gotten anything done as far as instructions for re-using first run soil? Can it be re-used without doing anything to it,or should it be re-amended and re-cooked? My MK ultra soil is untouched except for some epsoms in flower.I still have some time but i was just wondering. My next two MK's have been started in 1 gal. pots with NEW kit soil, so they will be ok for a month or so. Thanks lots eh! Cheers:)

Doc...have you gotten anything done as far as instructions for re-using first run soil? Can it be re-used without doing anything to it,or should it be re-amended and re-cooked? My MK ultra soil is untouched except for some epsoms in flower.I still have some time but i was just wondering. My next two MK's have been started in 1 gal. pots with NEW kit soil, so they will be ok for a month or so. Thanks lots eh! Cheers:)

I'm going to be posting a tutorial on this when I test it myself. I'm adopting Curso's method of recycling, as he seems to have better succes than I do after the third run.

For first run soil that's you've just harvested from, cut it with a half bale of pro-mix, 20 pounds of EWC and about half the amount of amendment.

Third run soil has a different amendment.....we'll get all this in order soon.

You guys are Beta testers for me, but you're not lab animals! I test this stuff on my own plants and a couple local guys who use this method before I put it in the public sphere. That keeps you from getting mad at me!

Doc...I'm not buying any more promix.I have only used half of the soil i cooked 3 months ago.i only used 3 ,7 gal. pots worth of it.I still have half left. I'm just wondering if it's ok to just use that stuff that has the MK's in now that will be done in 4 weeks or so and save the unused stuff for the future (keeping it moist).You said much earlier that 2nd and 3rd. runs are even better than first run,correct?That's what i want to use but if you say to re-use first run soil,you have to re-amend it with fresh promix and cook it again then i'l just use the new stuff,i guess? No what i'm asking Doc? I should probably just shut up and wait till your proper instructions come out!Thanks ,Cheers. Oh and Doc, I would never get mad at someone who's shown me the way:):)

Doc...I'm not buying any more promix.I have only used half of the soil i cooked 3 months ago.i only used 3 ,7 gal. pots worth of it.I still have half left. I'm just wondering if it's ok to just use that stuff that has the MK's in now that will be done in 4 weeks or so and save the unused stuff for the future (keeping it moist).You said much earlier that 2nd and 3rd. runs are even better than first run,correct?That's what i want to use but if you say to re-use first run soil,you have to re-amend it with fresh promix and cook it again then i'l just use the new stuff,i guess? No what i'm asking Doc? I should probably just shut up and wait till your proper instructions come out!Thanks ,Cheers. Oh and Doc, I would never get mad at someone who's shown me the way:):)

I've taken first run soil, added another kit amendment and grown crops that were great. If you do that, you'll need a third run amendment for the third run, and then your soil will drop off. But if you want to do a second run on your soil, just get another kit and treat it like fresh soil.

However, Curso's method will be more economical and will result in better produce on the 3rd and 4th run. I'm still testing it myself.

But if you just want to get the soil back in business, reamend it and go.

Perfect Doc...now i got it! 3 runs with a bale ,in my situation is great. Doing 3 at a time in 7 gal pots...3 crops a yr.,that's a long time with one bale Doc.I'm likin it.My back was killin me for 2 days after mixin it up. Before your kit and wisdom, i'd always want to re-use my soil ...but didn't have much success.I think i will go with another kit and reamend Doc. Doc...how long can we keep cooked soil for (unused)? Half my first batch here has been cooking for about 3 months now.I added water to it once along the way,just to keep it moist in the tote bins. Does Curso's way of recycling the soil involve "cutting" it 50/50 with new promix and adding some more minerals (amendment)? Really appreciate your time Doc!! Cheers...oh wait...I'l have a Stella for ya:):)

Hey Brother ...... It's like I want build a roof, I cut all too short !
Well ...... There's more at the store !

Have a good 1 Bulldog

I'm going to be posting a tutorial on this when I test it myself. I'm adopting Curso's method of recycling, as he seems to have better succes than I do after the third run.

For first run soil that's you've just harvested from, cut it with a half bale of pro-mix, 20 pounds of EWC and about half the amount of amendment.

Third run soil has a different amendment.....we'll get all this in order soon.

You guys are Beta testers for me, but you're not lab animals! I test this stuff on my own plants and a couple local guys who use this method before I put it in the public sphere. That keeps you from getting mad at me!

Can we cut first run recycle 50/50 with fresh cooked first run? Maybe add some rocks - 1/4 of a kits amendments?

Back
Top Bottom